Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,186 members, 7,839,038 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

I Quit Smoking - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Quit Smoking (722 Views)

3 Major Shipping Lines Quit Nigeria As Freight Rates & Trade Volume Crashes / Why I Quit Forex!! / Hilarious No Smoking Sign At An Nnpc Mega Station (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Quit Smoking by kannhelen: 1:47pm On Jan 30, 2012
Little did I realize, I was beginning the process of forging a nearly unbreakable bond with tobacco. Eventually, cigarettes would fill a deep emotional need within - for acceptance, intimacy, security. Each puff on a cigarette would come to be a reassurance, as the filter physically met my lips. My "friend" would be there whenever I needed to talk. It helped me measure my breaths in times of stress. It helped me focus on my studies, and eased my discomfort in social situations.
It angered me when people referred to cigarettes as "cancer sticks." Logically, I knew it, but emotionally that cigarette was a friend of mine.
The last time I quit I had a profound realization about my relationship with tobacco, as I worked through all the cravings, thought processes and emotions. I became aware of the tricks that addiction could play on my mind to keep my devotion.
With the help of a smoking cessation group, and an arsenal of techniques to get me through the cravings, I finally conquered it.
It took weeks to get through the worst cravings. Gradually the cravings were spread further apart. After a year, I had a craving about once a month. Even after 10 years I would get occasional cravings. Now, even the slightest hint of a cigarette is unpleasant.
The thing about cravings is you think you "have to" have a cigarette. The realization that every, I mean EVERY, craving passes, was my greatest power over cigarette addiction.

(1) (Reply)

Make Legitimate Cash Through Tabzi / How To Secure A Small And Medium Scale Business Loan With Ease In Nigeria / Startup Ideas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.