Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,931 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:59 PM

Cricket Vs Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cricket Vs Football (3474 Views)

Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? / India Vs Pakistan Live Streaming: ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 / ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 Schedule Of Indian Team Pdf Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cricket Vs Football by poojadahiya: 12:49pm On Jan 31, 2012
Hello guys, the two popular sports are Cricket and Hockey. Well, i prefer to see Cricket instead of Football. I m a big fan of Ricky ponting and Sachin Tendulkar. So tell me, what you prefer to see??
Re: Cricket Vs Football by JessiJuma: 9:02am On Feb 01, 2012
Football is the best game in the world and my all time favourite sport also football. Lionel Messi is my favourite Football hero of all time. I actually like his playing technique I certainly not missed any game he played.
Re: Cricket Vs Football by montelik(m): 2:22pm On Feb 06, 2012
Can see you like batsmen very much.
Re: Cricket Vs Football by juman(m): 2:27pm On Feb 06, 2012
Football
Re: Cricket Vs Football by sammyke(m): 2:35pm On Feb 06, 2012
anytime anyday. I wud choose futball over any game
Re: Cricket Vs Football by showbobo(m): 2:42pm On Feb 06, 2012
Why on earth would you ever compare cricket to Football??Most People Dont even understand cricket
Re: Cricket Vs Football by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 06, 2012
@poster: are you Indian?
Re: Cricket Vs Football by Iyineda(m): 2:48pm On Feb 06, 2012
poojadahiya:

Hello guys, the two popular sports are Cricket and Hockey. Well, i prefer to see Cricket instead of Football. I m a big fan of Ricky ponting and Sachin Tendulkar. So tell me, what you prefer to see??

Where do you live?
Re: Cricket Vs Football by impish: 2:49pm On Feb 06, 2012
I loooove cricket!! Yay! glad to see some Nigerians luv the sport. I used to be a huuge fan of football but not so much anymore. I am a fan of the Aussies (initially just cos my fave tennis player, Pat Rafter is an Aussie, lol) and the England cricket Team. Strange combo right? How do I get thru the Ashes? lol. Well, its the best time of the year for me cos either way, my team wins! lmao! Adam Gilchrist and Shane Warne are two of my faves, as well as Nasser Hussain, Freddy Flintoff and Graeme Thorpe for England. Michael Clarke and Kevin Pieterson hav my attention atm.

At topic, lol, I prefer cricket to football cos there isnt much racism and hooliganism involved, compared to football. Its a gentleman's game! Despite the long 50over days, I love cricket cos of the moments of drama it produces. Very few sports are influenced so greatly by changing weather conditions. Its pure science! I love it! The sight of Gilchrist smashing 6's allover the place on a sunny day, on a flat pitch or of Warney on a damp or overcast day, spinning the ball like only him and Murali can, is the stuff that dreams are made of!

Lastly, I love cricket cos its sooo complex, full of the strangest names and terms that very few understand and watch it.  grin grin grin. My husband has asked (and I have obliged) a zillion times for me to explain the sport to him. We never get past the different meanings of WICKET!!! cheesy

Just MHO. Hav a great day all!
Re: Cricket Vs Football by jspac(m): 2:49pm On Feb 06, 2012

Cricket vs Football? Dude you are Joking right?
Re: Cricket Vs Football by eghost247(m): 2:58pm On Feb 06, 2012
u didnt even say basketball vs football Cricket?
Re: Cricket Vs Football by Dsage1: 3:13pm On Feb 06, 2012
Watin b Criket,d game wey almost evrybody no understnd@op,u dont even talk of Rubby vs Cricket,u must b a drumer/gultar man.
Re: Cricket Vs Football by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 06, 2012
Iyineda:

Where do you live?

The guy dey live for one village 4 indian grin, it is only in indian they think that Cricket is greater than football, dem don kolo
Re: Cricket Vs Football by iykak47: 3:37pm On Feb 06, 2012
Op can you compare cow with lizard, the difference is crystal clear, football any day.
Re: Cricket Vs Football by sandee575(f): 4:18pm On Feb 06, 2012
I love cricket and played it but sadly its not a popular game here in Nigeria.
Here, its football or nothing even though the fans would rather follow foreign teams.
Hockey is another popular game in India or somewhere in Asia where i suspect you are from.
Re: Cricket Vs Football by babyboy3(m): 4:19pm On Feb 06, 2012

And who in the blue moon told you that Cricket is a popular sport, Its only a popular sport among the Indians, Pakistani, Sri Lankans may be West Indies and thats only because they have no other sports,
Re: Cricket Vs Football by Vansnickers: 4:37pm On Feb 06, 2012
See Question, Footy all the way.
Re: Cricket Vs Football by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 06, 2012
@OP
I think you live in another planet. How can you compare cricket to football? The game cannot even be compared to Whot game card much more Football. A whole football. Na wa for you o.
Re: Cricket Vs Football by Afam4eva(m): 6:05pm On Feb 06, 2012
How dare you compare cricket to football on a Nigerian forum.
Re: Cricket Vs Football by babyboy3(m): 6:29pm On Feb 06, 2012
Its like comparing

Halle Berry to Shilpa Shetty
Re: Cricket Vs Football by Afam4eva(m): 6:30pm On Feb 06, 2012
baby-boy:

Its like comparing

Halle Berry to Shilpa Shetty

Ya, kinda.
Re: Cricket Vs Football by ciatronicc: 6:43pm On Feb 06, 2012
Cricket, no chance
Re: Cricket Vs Football by lalaboi(m): 7:11pm On Feb 06, 2012
afam4eva:

How dare you compare cricket to football on a Nigerian forum.

+1 . .

udondeymadt?
Re: Cricket Vs Football by category(m): 7:56pm On Feb 06, 2012
Cricket ko Grass Hopper ni.
U are d funniest human bein i have ever heard of.
U shuld not even be comparin Cricket with Ludo game.
They are miles apart. Not to even mention FUTBALL,
Re: Cricket Vs Football by usbcable(m): 9:19pm On Feb 06, 2012
cricket is an insect nah?
very eadible in india
grin grin grin
Re: Cricket Vs Football by 4reigningqueen: 10:06pm On Feb 06, 2012
sorry o is cricket the one they play on ice or hockey,well football all the way.i pray there should be strike so dat i can go back to playing in the morning.here is my hero;

Re: Cricket Vs Football by sniperwolf(m): 1:22am On Feb 07, 2012
Let's know where the poster is coming from. Maybe the football is talking about is NFL what the English call American Football.
I still can't understand the difference between Baseball and Cricket
Re: Cricket Vs Football by rume(m): 3:04am On Feb 07, 2012
"I don't like cricket, oh no, i love it"
Re: Cricket Vs Football by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 07, 2012
Football is the most watched sport in the world, i don't understand the game of cricket
Re: Cricket Vs Football by ziediolike(m): 2:55pm On Feb 07, 2012
Cricket is definetly d game of life. Just lyk how 9ja saw petroleum and left agriculture and 4got dat itz d money dat we made 2ru agric dat built us 3rd mainland bridge and sm very standard structures in 9ja. Well lemi tell u all dat dnt know cricket, cricket is surley a game 4 all and tells all abt life,  I luv cricket n i play cricket 4 nija n it has taken me places so u c itz poupular 2 an xtent. Besides, soccer dey fall our hand currently,  a mad man can just cum out and start analysing soccer bt it takes an intelectual dat knws abt lyf to talk cricket,  CRICKET IS LYF TAKE TYM AND UNDASTAND D GAME!!

(1) (Reply)

Football Trial Application Forms Now Available / SHOCKING: Icardi's Wife Sleeping With Inter Teammate Brozovic ( Calciomercato) / Ball-Boy Who Eden Hazard Kicked In 2013 Now Runs Business With Floyd Mayweather

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.