Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Mtn New Time Data Bundle. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn New Time Data Bundle. (18285 Views)

Airtel Introduces The New Time Based Unlimited Data Plan For Every Device / NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans / MTN New Tariff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn New Time Data Bundle. by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:02pm On Mar 05, 2012
well bros thats whats called throttling.

fair useage ish, problem is it shouldnt be the same limit across all time based plans but, na naija we dey undecided
Re: Mtn New Time Data Bundle. by nuramohammed26: 2:00pm On Mar 05, 2012
@4llerbuntu thanks mate, but that is just stupid cos research shows that throttling unlimited data plan is pointless, check out http://www.bgr.com/2012/02/23/throttling-unlimited-data-plans-is-pointless-study-finds/ but please is there a way to know when you have reached your peak? grin
Re: Mtn New Time Data Bundle. by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 06, 2012
nuramohammed26:

common everyone if something looks too good to be true then it's definitely TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE , when i learned about the MTN time based plan,i was so happy cos i own a cafe and the volume base plan is always not enough and too expensive, so i rushed and subscribe for the 100hrs/month for N5000 hoping that i will give my customers good service but alas that is never going to happen, Let me tell you guys how MTN are messing us up! if you connect and download like 400-500mb at a go your network will be very slow for the rest of the bundle,meaning after this download MTN will monitor you and have a bandwidth management policy on your line, from this moment your network speed will not pass 14-16kbps, i thought this is a problem with the network,so i tried subscribing for 20hrs/week for N1500 on my samsung galaxy s, after tethering with my laptop and downloading 500mb the same poo happens again,so today i went MTN office and inquire but the MUMU i talked to don't know anything about networking talk less of bandwidth management, so if anyone of you good people know something about this problem please share it grin
It's called fair usage limit.
Re: Mtn New Time Data Bundle. by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 06, 2012
In real, there's no such thing as unlimited internet access
Re: Mtn New Time Data Bundle. by tonardo(m): 3:50pm On Mar 15, 2012
pls who has use this time plan recently?
and how is it working?
Re: Mtn New Time Data Bundle. by tonardo(m): 3:53pm On Mar 15, 2012
2times i subscribe 4 2H- @250
2times my money was taken and no comfirmation msg.....
Re: Mtn New Time Data Bundle. by nuramohammed26: 11:23am On Mar 21, 2012
tonardo: 2times i subscribe 4 2H- @250
2times my money was taken and no comfirmation msg.....
well for a stater i have tried to subscribe for 100hrs and after MTN remove my 5K,they refuse to give me the 100hrs,when i went to their office they apologies and compensate me with my 5k back,then i use my phone to subscribe by sending 100h to 131.....i guess if u use your phone to subscribe instead of using the modem,it will work....CHEERS
Re: Mtn New Time Data Bundle. by tonardo(m): 6:50pm On Mar 21, 2012
nuramohammed26: well for a stater i have tried to subscribe for 100hrs and after MTN remove my 5K,they refuse to give me the 100hrs,when i went to their office they apologies and compensate me with my 5k back,then i use my phone to subscribe by sending 100h to 131.....i guess if u use your phone to subscribe instead of using the modem,it will work....CHEERS

they later compensated me after calling their customer care,
Re: Mtn New Time Data Bundle. by zaibatsu(m): 9:46am On Mar 22, 2012
The time-based plans are throttled after a certain amount of data has been used. For the 250 naira 2 hour package, this happens once you hit 100mb. I'm not quite sure of the rest though. Once this threshold is reached, the speed will NEVER exceed 140kpbs.
Re: Mtn New Time Data Bundle. by seunlayi(m): 4:52pm On Mar 22, 2012
The competition seems to be heating up. grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mtn New Time Data Bundle. by prettyboi1(m): 12:01am On Mar 27, 2012
A quick question please,I need answers as quick as possible please.
1. After you hit that particular data consumption point when they start throttling your bandwidth & it becomes slow,does it stay slow all through till your data bundle expires or it would later return to being fast after sometime?
2. & if it does return to being fast after sometime,how long does it usually take before it gets back to running fast?
Re: Mtn New Time Data Bundle. by amosy007: 1:37pm On Mar 27, 2012
if u have money that u want to waste just subscribe to dis trash 4rm mtn... Their is bandwith usage policy once u download up to 100mb on ur internet their service will be miserably slow.. U wont even be able to open a page succesively without waitin till u exhaust the given hours... Mtn is the stupidest scam network in nigeria...
Re: Mtn New Time Data Bundle. by amosy007: 1:48pm On Mar 27, 2012
pretty_boi: A quick question please,I need answers as quick as possible please.
1. After you hit that particular data consumption point when they start throttling your bandwidth & it becomes slow,does it stay slow all through till your data bundle expires or it would later return to being fast after sometime?
2. & if it does return to being fast after sometime,how long does it usually take before it gets back to running fast?

once u rich d comsumption point.. That is it.. It will never be fast again.. The speed will be so miserable dat u wil feel like trowin d modem away... Beta stick to other network atleast for now.. I regretted subscribing to deir 20h bullsh*t
Re: Mtn New Time Data Bundle. by Emygamz7(m): 11:25pm On Jun 12, 2012
i tink its d same tin everywhere...unlimited data but limited bandwith ..Dis mtn people keep tinking they av sence....NCC need to talk to them oh
Re: Mtn New Time Data Bundle. by dantelegeo: 2:53pm On Jul 04, 2012
i had a similar problem. mtn its just a cheat period
Re: Mtn New Time Data Bundle. by haywire1: 6:33pm On Jan 18, 2013
I have similar problem too. I hate dis useless mtn angry
Re: Mtn New Time Data Bundle. by ebukaeze00(m): 9:52pm On Jan 18, 2013
Emeka 7.:
I don't really need any of those because I'm enjoying unlimited ffrree MTN WAP brow§¡ng using ef-b¡-t¡ on empty-N.

Bros abeg teach me the Free Browsing Technique ........na hin sure pass o

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Best Power Bank Brands In Nigeria / 58-year-old Wins N1m In Glo Promo, Weeps, Smashes Sim Card Of Another Network / Airtel Just Introduced New Cheap Bundles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.