Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,537 members, 7,837,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested (28764 Views)

Boko-Haram Spokesman "Abu Qaqa" Arrested In Kano / Boko-Haram Spokesman Abu Qaqa Killed? / Breaking News: Nigeria Arrests Boko Haram Spokesman Abul Qaqa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by russellino: 9:00pm On Feb 01, 2012
Honestly I don't give two about another spokesman getting caught. abu qaqa like jomo gbomo is probably just an alias that can be recycled
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by russellino: 9:05pm On Feb 01, 2012
I would love to see that degenerate shekau get caught though. Preferably stripped naked, beaten and photographed in nappies or something as rudiculous as that
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by unphilaz(m): 9:11pm On Feb 01, 2012
quite interesting, was reading that ACF was urging FG to grant amnesty to the leaders of BH so that their leaders will dialogue. earlier on we had another splinter group of BH. Now their spokesman cut. hmm
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by BetaThings: 9:16pm On Feb 01, 2012
Beaf:

Maybe its Buhari, Ciroma, Atiku or another member of the red-eyed crew. Its got to be a top shot, otherwise we no go gree!
When others abuse people you hold in esteem, you suddenly start waxing lyrical about decency, moderation in language
Instead of this insidious campaign, why don't you arrest Buhari if you have evidence
I am now convinced that your brand of democracy is that nobody should contest against your man
Are we going to see 99.9% of votes cast come 2015?
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by BetaThings: 9:19pm On Feb 01, 2012
russellino:

Honestly I don't give two about another spokesman getting caught. abu qaqa like jomo gbomo is probably just an alias that can be recycled
The press has been talking to him all along
Must have been using the same phone or they can recognise his voice otherwise they would not have been able to confirm they are talking to the same person
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by samdigo(m): 9:24pm On Feb 01, 2012
cant wait till he escapes
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by Beaf: 9:24pm On Feb 01, 2012
BetaThings:

When others abuse people you hold in esteem, you suddenly start waxing lyrical about decency, moderation in language
Instead of this insidious campaign, why don't you arrest Buhari if you have evidence
I am now convinced that your brand of democracy is that nobody should contest against your man
Are we going to see 99.9% of votes cast come 2015?

Face your front and stop chatting shiit. You people are so petty and bitter.
What if Abu qaqa turns out to be Buhari, wetin you go do? Hang yourself or what?

Nobody told those grownups to threaten to make the nation ungovernable the way they did; they aint kids.
I will not be surprised if Buhari, Atiku, Ciroma, Kaita, Tunde Bakare etc are boko haram members, sponsors or facilitators. They are all evangelists of violence and politics of bitterness; birds of the same feather flock together.
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by kunlebunmi: 9:31pm On Feb 01, 2012
ABUJA Feb 1 (Reuters) - Nigeria's secret service on Wednesday arrested the spokesman for Boko Haram, who frequently made statements to the press after attacks by the violent Islamist sect, a security source told Reuters.
Boko Haram spokesman Abu Qaqa was arrested in the[b] northern city of Kaduna [/b] in the early hours of the morning, said the source, who asked not to be named.

"We are still taking to him. Since 'Abu Qaqa' is a pseudonym for the Boko Haram spokesman, we want to be sure of who we have with us. But we have been on his trail for months now. He's been changing locations and contacts", the State Security Services (SSS) source said. (Reporting by Camillus Eboh; Writing by Tim Cocks; Editing by Andrew Heavens

http://af.reuters.com/article/commoditiesNews/idAFL5E8D162X20120201

Police in Nigeria say they have arrested the spokesman of the Boko Haram militant group which has carried out scores of attacks recently.

A police official said the man, known by his nom de guerre Abul Qaqa, was arrested in the north-eastern city of Maiduguri, in Borno state[b][/b].

The official told the Associated Press news agency the militant was captured after police tracked his mobile phone.

More than 150 people were killed by Boko Haram militants last month.

A series of co-ordinated explosions ripped apart police buildings, passport offices and immigration centres around the northern city of Kano.

It was one of the bloodiest attacks by the group so far.

Boko Haram has said it wants to overthrow the national government and install an Islamic state.

Its members have frequently attacked police stations and other symbols of state power, but the group has also bombed churches and killed hundreds of people - including many Muslim and Christian civilians.

Officials are trying to confirm the identity of the man arrested on Wednesday.

"We are still taking to him. Since 'Abu Qaqa' is a pseudonym for the Boko Haram spokesman, we want to be sure of who we have with us," an unnamed official told Reuters news agency.

Abul Qaqa has often spoken to journalists in the wake of militant attacks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-16843938

One link says he was arrested at Kaduna anothers says Maiduguri. Which one do we believe?
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by karlmax2: 9:32pm On Feb 01, 2012
Sahara report can never broadcast news like this! The news is all over the media but not sahara ! Good work sss
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by Beaf: 9:36pm On Feb 01, 2012
I'm hearing echoes that Abu qaqa is an Igala man from Kogi state.
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by hakanai(m): 9:37pm On Feb 01, 2012
Nigeria Secret Police: Sect Spokesman Arrested

by The Associated Press

text size AAA
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria February 1, 2012, 03:04 pm ET
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (AP) — The purported spokesman for a radical Islamist sect responsible for hundreds of killings in recent weeks in Nigeria has been arrested, an official with the country's secret police said Wednesday.

The official with Nigeria's State Security Service declined to give many details about the man known by the nom de guerre Abul-Qaqa, simply saying that officers are questioning him. If it is him, the spokesman's arrest could prove to be a boon for Nigeria's weak central government, which has remained unable to stop attacks by the sect known as Boko Haram.

However, the same agency paraded a supposed spokesman only weeks earlier who apparently had only a loose affiliation with a group that has splintered and become even more dangerous. And a national spokeswoman tried to deny the reported arrest without being able to explain the apparent confusion gripping an agency charged with protecting the nation.

Ahmed Abdullahi, the Borno state director for the secret police agency, told The Associated Press on Wednesday night that officers tracked down the man through signals sent out by his mobile phone. The agency later flew him to Nigeria's capital Abuja for further questioning.

Abul-Qaqa served as the spokesman for the radical wing of the sect, often as a go-between between its leaders and trusted members of north Nigeria's media. He issued claims of responsibility typically the same day as attacks to journalists working for either the BBC's Hausa language service or The Daily Trust newspaper, the two most trusted sources of news in Nigeria's Muslim north.

Abdullahi declined to give the man's name, and it wasn't clear whether he faced criminal charges or had legal representation.

Reached Wednesday night, national secret police spokeswoman Marilyn Ogar denied the agency had arrested Abul-Qaqa, but was unable to explain why a top official with the agency would say otherwise.

"We don't have him — at least I do not have information that we have him," Ogar said

The State Security Service, which has plainclothes investigators across Nigeria, is charged with securing the nation, However, it is an agency long associated with suppressing political dissent, rather than putting down the sectarian violence now being carried out by Boko Haram.

In November, the secret police claimed it made a major breakthrough in stopping the sect by arresting Ali Sanda Umar Konduga, a supposed Boko Haram spokesman who used the name al-Zawahiri. Konduga implicated a Nigerian senator in taking part in the group.

But Konduga, later sentenced to three years in prison, acknowledged he had not made a statement on behalf of Boko Haram for months and that the group had expelled him on suspicion he was a government spy.

Boko Haram, whose name means "Western education is sacrilege" in the local Hausa language, is carrying out increasingly sophisticated and bloody attacks in its campaign to implement strict Islamic law and avenge Muslim killings in Nigeria, a multiethnic nation of more than 160 million people.

The sect was blamed for at least 510 killings last year alone, according to an Associated Press count. This year, it is blamed for killing at least 270 people in January alone. On Jan. 20, the sect carried out a coordinated assault on police stations and government agencies in the northern city of Kano that killed 185.

Boko Haram has splintered into three factions, with one wing increasingly willing to kill as it maintains contact with terrorist groups in North Africa and Somalia, diplomats and security sources say.

With that wing viewing a wide variety of people and institutions as potential targets, even politicians with ties to Boko Haram can no longer consider themselves safe.

Violence by Boko Haram has increasingly begun targeting Christians, inflaming longtime tensions in a nation largely divided into a Christian south and a Muslim north. Thousands have died in rioting sparked by ethnic and religious differences in the country since it became a democracy in 1999.

On Wednesday, about 2,000 mourners gathered at a Catholic church near Abuja for a mass burial of victims of a Boko Haram bombing there that killed at least 44 people, church officials said.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=146219462

^^^why this woman dey try confuse people again!!! abi they want to round up others first.@beaf i honestly think you are not being fair to this political opponents of GEJ.wetin dey do you.Your wish and hope everyday is to hear dey get in trouble.Even where that has not happened you keep attacking there person.Haba,you are logical in your approach and you know better than this petty bad blood reflex.
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by russellino: 9:38pm On Feb 01, 2012
@ Betathings - I heard they got him by tracing his mobile phone. Didn't know the SSS were high tech.
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 01, 2012
Fingers crossed. I'm still waiting to see what comes out of this arrest ! I pray he's the right man and hope he provides the SSS credible and substancial information that will nip BH menace to the mud permanently !
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by Joshua15(m): 9:40pm On Feb 01, 2012
trust my bishop na,vengeance has been taken upon d boko harams,jst watch out 4 mor misiles
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by ume(m): 9:42pm On Feb 01, 2012
How long will take de police to use rat poison on de messenger of lusifer himself
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by safarigirl(f): 9:44pm On Feb 01, 2012
We'll soon hear ☺₣ Ǟ miraculous houdini-style escape or even disappearance. They should stop increasing people's BP unnecessarily jare
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by tnktosin(m): 9:45pm On Feb 01, 2012
hmmmm, what next? Escape, death, Amnesty or exchange for someone else? Corruption knows no bound in dis country. Jesus take the wheel.
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by kilandcure: 9:48pm On Feb 01, 2012
yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but the only problem is that he will still escape like his other counterparts
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by bandely(m): 9:50pm On Feb 01, 2012
Okay, now lets watch how this man will also vanish into thin air!
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by juman(m): 9:52pm On Feb 01, 2012
. grin grin grin grin grin

tnktosin:

hmmmm, what next? Escape, death, Amnesty or exchange for someone else? Corruption knows no bound in dis country. Jesus take the wheel.

naijaking1:

How many hours do we have before he escapes from police custody

samdigo:

cant wait till he escapes

bandely:

Okay, now lets watch how this man will also vanished into thin air!
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by omoalayo(m): 9:53pm On Feb 01, 2012
Good,, Work SSS, Time to pay for the killed innocent souls, It will always come one day, Vengeance is not what a wicked man can escape,
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by BetaThings: 9:53pm On Feb 01, 2012
Beaf:

Face your front and stop chatting shiit. You people are so petty and bitter.
What if Abu qaqa turns out to be Buhari, wetin you go do? Hang yourself or what?

Nobody told those grownups to threaten to make the nation ungovernable the way they did; they aint kids.
I will not be surprised if Buhari, Atiku, Ciroma, Kaita, Tunde Bakare etc are boko haram members, sponsors or facilitators. They are all evangelists of violence and politics of bitterness; birds of the same feather flock together.
Petty? Bitter? over what?
You are abusive and rude. Anybody who contests against your man automatically become an enemy of state
Go an check history. Nobody ever personifies the state. That mistake is the classic symptom of pettiness

Actually you are very very disappointed that try as you may Buhari has no link with BH.
I am sure that your people have been praying, holding vigil etc that somehow a link between Buhari and BH will emerge
That will not happen because that is not the sort of person he is.
If there is any hanging to be done, it must be the lot of the disappointed to do so
I am a Muslim. Alhamdu li Llah, Commiting suicide takes one to the hellfire because it cannot be repented  

Can you provide evidence that Buhari threatened to make this country ungovernable? If you are truthful, provide the evidence
We remember how you assured us that Dokpesi would go to jail. Is he no longer a bomber now that he supports your man?

And what about Elder Edwin Clark who threatened that if Jonathan did not become president, hell would be let loose
You have forgotten?
or violence and carnage allowed for your people

I don't condone violence (so I challenge you once again) or stealing by anyone. we now know that Jonathan swilled N1.7tr last year for the neighbour to neighbour campain
http://247ureports.com/2012/01/oil-subsidy-what-president-jonathan-knew-about-the-n1-76trillion-payment/

We also know that Dame Patience case with EFCC might be buried, but God will unearth eventually

As for being petty, you remember this? Of course not, you don't understand it

BetaThings:

I am deliberately quoting one of your witty and harmless comments
But my point is this, please stop abusing GEJ and some things associated with him
I am making this request because right now he is the president

Check my posts - I was never under any illusion he is up to the job. He is not
But "he is a christian, he is the only opportunity South South has, God put him there, we are afraid of Buhari etc"
Sometimes you wish only people who can discern should be allowed to vote. But we are stuck with him
His usual defenders have looked in here and cannot mount anything resembling a defence
Otherwise  they would have conjured a path to blame this on Buhari
But personally, I beseech you for the sake of this country and gentlemen like the Pat Utomi, late Claude Ake, let him be
I should have done PM but I don't know how to use it
[/quote

Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by sigba(f): 9:57pm On Feb 01, 2012
Hmmmm. We are watching. Meanwhile click on this link to make some cool cash.

http://signup.wazzub.info/?lrRef=a3717
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by Beaf: 10:01pm On Feb 01, 2012
@BetaThings
Dude, calm down. You are sounding even more bitter than I imagined you were. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Politics of bitterness makes fingers point. Seen?

Straighten up, be mature, stop spreading falsehoods and wishing bad on Nigeria, just because you lost elections. Do that and see if anyone will continue to accuse your camp. Its simple as ABC. cool
You people are dangerously bitter people who threatened to make the nation ungovernable, so I won't be surprised to find that boko haram facilitators swell your ranks.
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by BetaThings: 10:04pm On Feb 01, 2012
We are not being told the truth
Konduga, a man who claimed to be a member of BH, was sentenced to three!!! (3) years in prison
Yes, Kabiru Sokoto was arrested and escaped from custody!
What about the person that was arrested with him? Where is he? What has that one said?

“Kabiru Sokoto was in company of a serving military officer at the Borno State Liaison Office when he was captured in a joint operation by security agencies
http://sundaytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9030:police-capture-madalla-christmas-day-bomber&catid=54:lead-stories&Itemid=127
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:05pm On Feb 01, 2012
Arrest the messenger? Don't see how dat helps unless he had been unreachable and anonymous prior to arrest. How long before he escapes as usual? Talk about going round in circles.
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by ochukoccna: 10:11pm On Feb 01, 2012
Just heard the news off Channels TV too.
Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by BetaThings: 10:14pm On Feb 01, 2012
Beaf:

@BetaThings
Dude, calm down. You are sounding even more bitter than I imagined you were. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Politics of bitterness makes fingers point. Seen?

Straighten up, be mature, stop spreading falsehoods and wishing bad on Nigeria, just because you lost elections and see if anyone will accuse your camp. Its simple as ABC. cool
You people are dangerously bitter people who threatened to make the nation ungovernable, so I won't be surprised to find that boko haram facilitators swell your ranks.
Hahaha
I should be mature! Coming from you, I can see that it is disservice to that state of mind!
Falsehood? Dokpesi does not think so!
Were your group given that opportunity, Nigeria would become a vast jail for saying anything against Jonathan

I challenge you once again to bring that evidence against Buhari. Beaf, be a man, bring the evidence!!!!
I have also demonstrated that though I have a dim of the capabilities of Jonathan, I will not call him names
I even begged people not to abuse Jonathan
Let us have one instance of such act on your part.

So when you talk about bitterness and falsehood, you only need to review Beaf's posts
They are laced with rancour, inveterate hatred and character assassination
Pray to God for deliverance

Shall we review the collected speeches of Elder Edwin Clark?
We shall then see bitterness par excellence

BTW where was he when President Jonathan and VP Sambo came to Delta state to campaign for Gov Uduaghan?
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by nduchucks: 10:17pm On Feb 01, 2012
Calm down guys. SSS is now denying that Qaqa was arrested. WTF

The State Security Service has denied having arrested the spokesperson of the extremist Boko Haram Sect, Abu Qada, contrary to reports in a section of the media, including the Associated Press.

The agency's spokesperson, Maryln Ogar, told Premium Times Wednesday night she was not aware of any such arrest.

"I don't know where they got the information that the guy was arrested," Ms Ogar said. "The truth is we don't have him. I don't have any such information that he was arrested."

Mr. Qada, whose true identity is unknown, regularly circulates statements to journalists via emails. He also grants telephone interviews to journalists, but has remained very elusive, just like other members of his deadly sect.

The SSS is reputed for making a show of its major arrests, parading suspects and appearing on television shows to showcase its "achievements".

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/3643-boko-haram-spokesperson-not-arrested-says-sss.html
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 01, 2012
if abu qaqa shud xscape, GEJ shud be ready to retire like ringim.
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by BetaThings: 10:25pm On Feb 01, 2012
^^^^
Funny. So who will take over? Sambo?
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 01, 2012
O.K We don hear when is he escaping?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Suicide Bombers Attempting To Bomb Court In Borno Intercepted By Police (Pics) / Humphrey Chukwuemeka Nsofor Shot During Primary Election In Imo. Graphic Photo / Jolly Nyame Gets Presidential Pardon From Nigerian Council Of State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.