Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

What Can I Possibly Do With An OND Computer Sci? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Can I Possibly Do With An OND Computer Sci? (1071 Views)

Is It Possible For OND Holder To Earn Upto 80k Per Month? / Vacancy For Ond/nce/advance Diploma In Elect/elect, Computer Sci, Physics / Ond Now Minimum Qualification Into Nigerian Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Possibly Do With An OND Computer Sci? by r2VIRUS: 8:56am On Feb 02, 2012
sometimes i wonder why i enrolled for computer sci in those days i was seeking admission. All around me, there are companies recruiting OND engineering grads. I have the zeal to work preferably in an IT firm but over 12 months i've not been lucky. Im startin to feel the need to start a new course in the engineering. Can somebody plz share what i could do with what i have
Re: What Can I Possibly Do With An OND Computer Sci? by yamakuza: 11:03am On Feb 02, 2012
Cant you go for HND: Elect?
Re: What Can I Possibly Do With An OND Computer Sci? by r2VIRUS: 2:13pm On Feb 02, 2012
it against school admission rule they said, i already tried that a couple of times. I was in stat 300 level and quitted. Now im back on B.Sc comp sci. Im thinkin if i just get the degree first i could try some professional certifacation courses in the oil and gas field, wit that my chances of gettin a job might go higher
Re: What Can I Possibly Do With An OND Computer Sci? by yamakuza: 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2012
So, you have OND Comp. Sci and are currently running your BSc in Computer Science as well?

Start getting those IT Certs NOW.
Re: What Can I Possibly Do With An OND Computer Sci? by r2VIRUS: 4:42pm On Feb 02, 2012
I completed my CCNA training but i havent written d exam so im not certified, i really thought i would get a job easily wit d knowledge and later get certified. I also started MCSE and completed d first module. You cant believe everythin i learnt in CCNA is off. I have never had d opportunity to practise
Re: What Can I Possibly Do With An OND Computer Sci? by yamakuza: 5:03pm On Feb 02, 2012
r2VIRUS:

I completed my CCNA training but i havent written d exam so im not certified, i really thought i would get a job easily wit d knowledge and later get certified. I also started MCSE and completed d first module. You cant believe everythin i learnt in CCNA is off. I have never had d opportunity to practise

r2VIRUS:

sometimes i wonder why i enrolled for computer sci in those days i was seeking admission. All around me, there are companies recruiting OND engineering grads. I have the zeal to work preferably in an IT firm but over 12 months i've not been lucky. Im startin to feel the need to start a new course in the engineering. Can somebody plz share what i could do with what i have

it appears you are either a quitter or you lack focus/passion.

You need to fix that first.

You also need a cert, any cert + your OND for your applications to be considered for interviews, where the subject of your skills or lack thereof will come up.

Depending on your pocket, get the CCNA and/or MCTS cert(s) within the next 3 months.

Include that on your CV, and start applying again.

Can you work and study at the same time?
Re: What Can I Possibly Do With An OND Computer Sci? by r2VIRUS: 7:00pm On Feb 02, 2012
lol, your wrong. If i lacked focus/passionk in the first place i would not have had the trainings.
I equally appreciate your opinion, i wil work towards gettin some certifications. Many thanks
Re: What Can I Possibly Do With An OND Computer Sci? by yamakuza: 7:07pm On Feb 02, 2012
^ Enthusiasm, maybe?

Your passion must be fast fizzling out!
Re: What Can I Possibly Do With An OND Computer Sci? by r2VIRUS: 7:52pm On Feb 02, 2012
Whats your field?
Re: What Can I Possibly Do With An OND Computer Sci? by yamakuza: 7:57pm On Feb 02, 2012
Why?
Re: What Can I Possibly Do With An OND Computer Sci? by AjanleKoko: 8:14pm On Feb 02, 2012
^^
Trust Nigerians to answer a question with a question grin

@Topic, I don't think he's a quitter. He is not doing badly, after all. He found his way from Statistics to Computer science.
Re: What Can I Possibly Do With An OND Computer Sci? by yamakuza: 8:19pm On Feb 02, 2012
^ You know these people na.

Once you answer them, they'll just disappear.

Make me sef take my pound of flesh.

@topic: I just dont understand why he's jumping from course to course without finishing any.
Re: What Can I Possibly Do With An OND Computer Sci? by r2VIRUS: 9:41pm On Feb 02, 2012
@yamacuza i dont wanna use d wrong words. Plz save your breath and chase d baits. You were reasonable all thru but i really thought maturity was one of your qualities. It ok im neither disappointed nor hurt. Thanks al d same for the advise, i really appreciate it well noted.

(1) (Reply)

Big Role In Small Firm Versus Small Role In A Big Corporation / Vacancy! Vacancy!! Vacancy!!! Are You 18 Years And Above?. Do You Have A Valid I / Needed A Flat Bed Trailer For Immediately Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.