Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Confused!!.... Which Job Should I Go For? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Confused!!.... Which Job Should I Go For? (1134 Views)

I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! / Confused About Contract Job And A Permanent Job / Now That I Got A Job I Am Now Confused. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused!!.... Which Job Should I Go For? by yeniajayi(f): 12:32pm On Jan 17, 2016
Hey nairalanders.... Just in a moment need your help....

After several months of looking for a well prefer job that suits my career.... It was just untill this month that I was called by several companies that had interviewed me in the past for employment.. But the first offer that came first was from a pharmaceutical company which offered to pay me about 55k as their medical sales representative and after then they sponsored my trip to their head office which is outside lagos for trainings to allow me have a better product knowledge of my work. The training was quite huge as they spent so well to keep me comfortable in a hotel for about a week with feeding couple with little allowance coming back.. But now after getting back to lagos to start the job, I got an offer of employment from a company(which isnt too related to my field) but are willing to pay 12ok......
Now am at a cross-road thinking which one should I go for? Looking at the reasources the pharmaceutical firm had spent on me and also that I do like the job description of the pharmaceutical firm own as it gives room for me to build myself more.

So what can I do? As both require me to start work immediately by monday
Re: Confused!!.... Which Job Should I Go For? by Babprosper20(m): 12:34pm On Jan 17, 2016
wic course did study?
Re: Confused!!.... Which Job Should I Go For? by yeniajayi(f): 12:37pm On Jan 17, 2016
Babprosper20:
wic course did study?
Medical biochemistry
Re: Confused!!.... Which Job Should I Go For? by Babprosper20(m): 12:43pm On Jan 17, 2016
yeniajayi:

Medical biochemistry
1) i fik u shld do the one dt sponsored u, wit tym, U gonna gt a better salary wid deM
2) It wuld be more easier working in ur field...***Advice***
3) This may be a test and probably a setup btw d two companies, to sée if u re enticed wit money...
*A BIRD IN HAND WORTHS 21BILLION
IN THE BUSH

Anyway do wats suits u best, dts just my opinion up therE...
Re: Confused!!.... Which Job Should I Go For? by yeniajayi(f): 12:48pm On Jan 17, 2016
Babprosper20:

1) i fik u shld do the one dt sponsored u, wit tym, U gonna gt a better salary wid deM
2) It wuld be more easier working in ur field...***Advice***
3) This may be a test and probably a setup btw d two companies, to sée if u re enticed wit money...
*A BIRD IN HAND WORTHS 21BILLION
IN THE BUSH

Anyway do wats suits u best, dts just my opinion up therE...

Wow.... Quite helpful.... Thank you very much
Re: Confused!!.... Which Job Should I Go For? by calculator123(m): 5:50am On Jan 18, 2016
you would be ungrateful if u leave the pharmaceutical firm..stick to them they do trust ur competencies.
Re: Confused!!.... Which Job Should I Go For? by craleonic: 6:52am On Jan 18, 2016
You didn't tell us what the other job is...This will inform a well-balanced advice.
Re: Confused!!.... Which Job Should I Go For? by ayokanmi3(m): 8:01pm On Jan 18, 2016
Ok... Fine... @op... It all depends in what you really want ... As one of my mentor will always tell me... "career decision is always a selfish decision"... You need to be so sure of what really you want
Re: Confused!!.... Which Job Should I Go For? by yeniajayi(f): 12:44am On Jan 19, 2016
@lalasticlalala plz, help me get this to people attention more. thanks
Re: Confused!!.... Which Job Should I Go For? by yeniajayi(f): 12:48am On Jan 19, 2016
craleonic:
You didn't tell us what the other job is...This will inform a well-balanced advice.

the other job is with a manufacturing company in which i will be their sales coordinator
Re: Confused!!.... Which Job Should I Go For? by yeniajayi(f): 12:48am On Jan 19, 2016
ayokanmi3:
Ok... Fine... @op... It all depends in what you really want ... As one of my mentor will always tell me... "career decision is always a selfish decision"... You need to be so sure of what really you want

alryt. thanks
Re: Confused!!.... Which Job Should I Go For? by nkiruberyl: 2:45am On Jan 19, 2016
yeniajayi:
Hey nairalanders.... Just in a moment need your help....

After several months of looking for a well prefer job that suits my career.... It was just untill this month that I was called by several companies that had interviewed me in the past for employment.. But the first offer that came first was from a pharmaceutical company which offered to pay me about 55k as their medical sales representative and after then they sponsored my trip to their head office which is outside lagos for trainings to allow me have a better product knowledge of my work. The training was quite huge as they spent so well to keep me comfortable in a hotel for about a week with feeding couple with little allowance coming back.. But now after getting back to lagos to start the job, I got an offer of employment from a company(which isnt too related to my field) but are willing to pay 12ok......
Now am at a cross-road thinking which one should I go for? Looking at the reasources the pharmaceutical firm had spent on me and also that I do like the job description of the pharmaceutical firm own as it gives room for me to build myself more.

So what can I do? As both require me to start work immediately by monday

You like the job description et al is because you're fresh from their training and definitely,they kept you spell bound by their endless stories of how sales people are ruling the world. Honey, the field is crazy! Marketing is one job, my generation will not attempt. Trust me,when reality dawns on you,you'll be singing an entirely different song.
Mind you,you're not into production or quality control/assurance of any sort, so I'm wondering the career you're building as a sales person when you studied biochemistry.
What you don't also know is that sales people,mostly females are disregarded here in nigeria. Immediately you start talking to potential clients, all they see in your face is that spelling that begins with V. It'll take you enough wits and grace of God to get past this initial stage and also believe me baby,this company you're feeling all mushy mushy for will drop you like the expenses spent on your training is stolen funds they care less about once you don't start meeting targets.
Don't get me wrong, people build careers as sales people and of course it comes with perks like you having a network of friends,supposed clients,whom you can also sell your products to whenever you start your own business or even beyond business,you never can tell BUT in this country,its only favourable for men. once you start succeeding as a lady, you're seen as a free ass giver unless the madness of marketing is well spelt on you body(e.g is boil-like pimples all over your face,spit drying from endless speeches to customers to convince them etc ),that is when people will actually start believing your success is on merit.

For the 128k job that is not your supposed career, grab it like one of Sidney Sheldon's protagonist,leslie...infact, that's why I enjoy reading his novels, his women are always focused! What am I saying? The money involved,128k, in this our times should make it a challenge for you to build a career on the job and love it. If you are smart,you won't regret this action.

Someone in this thread mentioned that your company might be testing you to know if you're greedy by asking you to take a job in a company YOU,YOURSELF applied months ago to (plz permit me to laugh in swahili,huhuhuhu) and that with time, the pharmaceutical company will match the pay of the 128k person. You all need one day special training from me on what a career in sales here in nigeria means.

N/B: I sincerely feel for the pharmaceutical company that I'm dissing their hustles like this not minding the money they've spent on you. of course,i have a conscience..well,ill blame it on the jobless state of the country that oblivious of what people want are pushed to apply for all sorts of job.

My 2cents!

1 Like

Re: Confused!!.... Which Job Should I Go For? by brightest212(m): 3:21pm On Jan 19, 2016
VACANCY
A reputable award winning ICT company is recruiting marketers for PH office. The company services the ICT infrastructure of banks, govt agencies, corporate organisations, oil & gas.

Minimum qualification HND/ BSc all discipline
Marketing experience in ICT company is an added advantage
Renumeration is very attractive.

Interested candidates should submit their CV to
ejames690@gmail.com
brightest212@gmail.com.

(1) (Reply)

A Man Who Studied Rich People For 5 Years Found That They Avoid One Type Of Pers / A Career In Investment Banking: Tips And Guidelines / Internship, Unified Scheme Of Service, Unilateral Conversion Approved For Nurses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.