Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,202 members, 7,953,743 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:37 AM

Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence (8064 Views)

$200billion Loot In Dubai:EFCC Trails 7 Ex-Governors,6 Ex-Ministers,5 PDP Chiefs / No Ex-govt Official Should Leave Nigeria After May 29 – Yayale / Alleged World Bank Document Names Top Nigerians And Their Loot In Foreign Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by oluwabamis(m): 8:12am On Feb 03, 2012
SOME officials of government, both at the state and federal levels have perfected the act of corruption as the very daring among them now stash billions of looted government funds in their private homes.
The chairman, Pension Reform Task Team, Mr Abdulrasheed Maina stunned officials of Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) on Thursday with the revelation of how his team caught a top civil servant in the pension unit at the office of the Head of Service with cash of N2 billion stashed in his private residence.
Maina also recounted how another civil servant was caught with a pile of dollars in his house, stressing that some officials of government had over the years been involved in mindless looting of the pension arrears of helpless retirees, many of whom had died while many others were stricken with ailments arising from denial of their pensions by government officials.
The Head of Pension Reform Task Team was at the ICPC national headquarters to inform the officials of the progress by the team in recovering looted pension funds, disclosing that so far, the team had recovered the total sum of N151 billion meant to have been looted by officials saddled with the task of managing the pension funds.
He said the offenders had been arrested and were already undergoing the process of prosecution, stressing that those arrested so far had had the properties they bought with looted funds, including private buildings, offices, hotels, shopping malls, confiscated by the Federal Government.
According to him, the team, in conjunction with the EFCC, had traced and recovered a total of N35 billion and another N15 billion worth of properties from the “very few corrupt government officials in the office of the Head of Service, Pension Department.
Maina said the breakthrough recorded so far by members of his team was facilitated by the EFCC and the ICPC through the officials they seconded to the reform team.
He said the team was able to record progress in tracking the fraud in pension management in Nigeria with the use of Electronic Management Pension Scheme, which, he said, made the creation of data on pension profile in the country possible, adding that the data base contains bio-data, biometrics on payment of pension, which have ultimately reduced the incidence of ghost pensioners in the country.
He said when the Pension Reform Task Team conducted a nationwide biometric verification of pensioners, it detected no fewer than 71,133 fake pensioners from the total of 141,790 on the payroll of the government.
He said prior to the verification exercise, the Federal Government was erroneously paying the sum of N5 billion monthly as pension, noting that the sum had now been reduced to N825 million after verification.
He said the team also discovered that for a long time, genuine pensioners totalling 44,320 were never paid, most of them having retired between 1968 and 1975, disclosing further that after a thorough review of the process of payment, the pensioners have now started receiving payments.
He also notified the ICPC top officials that the task team had also succeeded in reducing the monthly pension of the Nigeria Police from N1.5 billion to N500 million, an indication that corruption had also taken hold of the pension department of the police force.
Maina, however, appealed to the ICPC to assist his team in the task of busting the cabal in the management of Nigeria’s pension fund, while ensuring that those already arrested as looters of the funds should face prosecution meant to prevent them from returning to their duty posts to continue looting.
The acting chairman of ICPC, Ekpo Nta, expressed delight at the activities of the Reform Team, which, according to him, had started touching lives across the federation, stating that ICPC has equally embarked on system review of public department, just as he enjoined Nigerians to emulate the transparent manner by which the team had been going about its assignments.
He vowed to ensure that anyone found culpable of mismanaging the pension arrears would not go free, just as he said ICPC would like to bring the outcome of the intervention by the Reform Task Team to the public domain.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/35416-govt-official-stashes-n2bn-loot-in-residence-pension-reform-team-leader-gives-evidence?tmpl=component&print=1&page=[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by Nigerd(m): 8:56am On Feb 03, 2012
I like this,

let the trend continue,

God with Us,
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by stagger: 9:26am On Feb 03, 2012
People caught misappropriating pension funds should face the firing squad!
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by Okijajuju1(m): 9:33am On Feb 03, 2012
Death Penalty!!

Nothing more, Nothing less.

These bastards have killed alot of people in their greed. Alot of pensioners ahve died waiting for their pay. Some have lost children to illnesses, lost family members and suffered all types of trauma. This is nothing short of evil and thus the punishment should be by death.

Its high time people start paying real consequences for their actions. Look at how Bankole was set free after looting us blind. Come 2015 now, he would be running for presidant and some Nigerians would actually vote him in. angry

1 Like

Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by brideman: 9:45am On Feb 03, 2012
this govt official in the office of head are the ghost of spirit? in my own opinion the icpc team should be made bold to publish their names, are they also covered by immunity? me want see who this thiefs be. angry
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by slimshady1(m): 10:04am On Feb 03, 2012
4 God's sakes what da hell wud u b doin wiv retirees money? GOD wll judge'em officials, of course after thy must hv been SHOT in d head! I pity d poor great grandmas nd grandpas,
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by FASTLINK1: 10:08am On Feb 03, 2012
Their sins are catching up with them. I pray they find the rightful owners for what is due for them.
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by Nobody: 10:10am On Feb 03, 2012
until they make a scape goat out of one instance, this will continue
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by laoma15(m): 10:14am On Feb 03, 2012
Stealing with a pen is worse than stealing with a gun even though both are condemnable. When China was facing high level of corruption such as ours, they enacted a law criminalising corruption. Offenders were publicly executed. within a year, the corruption level droped drastically. If we are serious and really want to tackle corruption in Nigeria, offenders should be executed just as the likes of "Anini and Monday Osunbor" of early 80's were executed for robbery.

Pen robbery pass arm robbery!
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by Felixjude(m): 10:20am On Feb 03, 2012
seriously this is good for this country.can u imagine what people are doing to their felow humans?may God help us to get rid of coruption in this country,thats our biggest problem.the subsidy probe is also exposing alot.we are watching,
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by lucom: 10:22am On Feb 03, 2012
Meen these guys try oo, looting per excellence.
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by buzor(m): 10:23am On Feb 03, 2012
we keep on hearin that so so amount of money being recovered but we never hear the thief being sent to jail, and what d money is later used for cannot be assertain.
as for me, i think corruption should be criminalised punishable by death.
but is it our thieving law makers ll enact dis law?
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by buzor(m): 10:23am On Feb 03, 2012
we keep on hearin that so so amount of money being recovered but we never hear the thief being sent to jail, and what d money is later used for cannot be assertain.
as for me, i think corruption should be criminalised punishable by death.
but is it our thieving law makers ll enact dis law?

1 Like

Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 03, 2012
Sometimes I sit back and weep in my heart about the level of wickedness people in govt. exhibit. One could be greedy to the point of stealing a retiree's salary. Erase, I swear erase this men, Kill them all, Liberty isn't good for man!
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by emmydee(m): 10:31am On Feb 03, 2012
ICPC,
please, tell us the names of these thieves.
We want to follow up on this matter too.
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 03, 2012
N2b of pensioners fund in a govt officials home?
Why not make public the names of these evil people.

Corruption will not stop in nigeria unless theres capital punishment for offenders.

Corrupt nigerians always uses "rule of law" to escape prosecution by paying outrageous fees to lawyers & corrupt judges.

Nigerian govt & its legal system encourages people to steal in billions so that with such large amounts one can afford to plead-bargain, bribe judges,politicians & be set free to enjoy d remaining loot
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by sovpounds(m): 10:34am On Feb 03, 2012
Nigerians are the most greedy people on earth. This includes myself and every Nigerian whether you read this or not.
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by spartanian(m): 10:40am On Feb 03, 2012
there is hope
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by Ayatullah(m): 10:42am On Feb 03, 2012
Fellow Nigerians, let us once and for all start chopping off the hands of these thieves if we cannot adopt the Chinese system to save our beloved country or take a good lesson from Jesus who whipped out money changers from the synagogue or call on Jerry Rawlings to help us out. Definitely one of the three options will save our nation.
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by snthesis(m): 10:59am On Feb 03, 2012
the ICPC boss is very stupid- how can he have the guts to disclose finding 2billion naira in an Govt official's house and fail to diclose the identity of the person. how long will they keep treating nigerians as idiots angry angry angry angry
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by SkyRider1(m): 11:01am On Feb 03, 2012
I support a steal for a hand
Another steal for the other hand
A third steal for a leg
A fourth steal for the other leg
A fifth  steal for the head

Believe me tthe problem  will be solved
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by Nigerd(m): 11:05am On Feb 03, 2012
laoma15:

Stealing with a pen is worse than stealing with a gun even though both are condemnable. When China was facing high level of corruption such as ours, they enacted a law criminalising corruption. Offenders were publicly executed. within a year, the corruption level droped drastically. If we are serious and really want to tackle corruption in Nigeria, offenders should be executed just as the likes of "Anini and Monday Osunbor" of early 80's were executed for robbery.

Pen robbery pass arm robbery!

I SUPPORT THE ABOVE CALL,

I THINK A NEW TREAD ON BILL ON DEATH PENALTY ON CORRUPTION
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by kim77: 11:08am On Feb 03, 2012
Good Job (at least we still have credible Nigerians out there!)

The looters names should be published in the media. Paraded on national television for a week. ( The world could see 'OJU OLE').

The team should be seconded to other ministry & parastatals ( e.g customs)
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by PINKBABE: 11:38am On Feb 03, 2012
news without names. when will dis end in Nigeria. I hope they will kill them immediately because of those that died due to pension.
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by GeneralGEJ: 11:48am On Feb 03, 2012
Iddoooooooiiiiiiiiitttttttttttt posters

if you know the name of theif - what are you going to do about it.

In this country, corruption thrives because we love it - simplus
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:49am On Feb 03, 2012
@Everybody, not to come off as cynical but can we step back for once and stop rejoicing any time a corrupt government official gets caught  grin

Ultimately the Punishment they get never fits the crimes they have committed - They remain Free and Wealthy and all we can do is wonder

1: Criminal: Patience Jonathan Crime: Laundering N1.5 Billion from Bayelsa State Government Status: Free First Lady  grin
2: Criminal: Iyabo Obasanjo Crime: N3.5 billion Fraud by falsifying her identity as Damilola Akinlawon to get Power Contract Status: Free
3: Criminal: Gbenga Daniel Crime: N58 billion looting of Ogun State funds[b]Status:[/b] Freed on N500 million bail - completely free
4: Criminal: Gbenga Obasanjo Crime: N24 billion to "manage" failed companies Ajaokuta Steel Company, National Iron Ore Mining Company and Delta Steel Company Status: Your guess is as good as mine- yep! Free
5: Criminal:[/b]Edmund Daukoro [b]Crime:$47 million as Director NNPC 1994[b]Status:[/b] Free
6: Criminal:[/b]Rochas Okorocha [b]Crime:[/b]Embezzled $1 Million as Director of NAMA [b]Status: Governor of Imo State  grin
7: Criminal:[/b]Olabode George [b]Crime:[/b]N82 billion [b]Status: Free
8: Criminal:[/b]DSP Alamesigha [b]Crime:$102 million, over N48 billion Status: Free- Special Adviser to Goodluck Jonathan

Billion Naira/Dollar Crimes pay in Nigeria because youcan actually get-away with it paying less
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by manmustwac(m): 12:12pm On Feb 03, 2012
And after reading this the best we masses can do is say "God will punish them" or "Only God can save us" "God will judge them" and our leaders continue to loot as if God is imaginary. As far as am concerned there is no hope for Nigeria.
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 03, 2012
This is just the Pension Fund. What about the Presidency? Do you know what is happening up there?
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 03, 2012
Corruption will continue until death sentence is prescribe for it.
This is pathetic. Why the hell are they looting pensioners money? May God punish them.
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by Classik: 12:33pm On Feb 03, 2012
I am absolutely gutted at this kind of news emanating everyday from an already bankrupt Nigeria.

Please! can someone help me put some light on how to go about securing due pension from the Police Pension Board. My father retired from the Police Force since 1979 and uptill now has never received a dime from his pension and he is still alive. Several attempts by father over the years has been frustrated by this same people stashing N2 Billion naira in their homes.

Please help.
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by GM008: 1:00pm On Feb 03, 2012
Can you send me your email, need advice on kerosene
my email is gabriel@hanstech.co.uk
Re: Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence by Osgee(m): 1:39pm On Feb 03, 2012
[/color][color=#990000][i][/i]. I think they should b summarily dismissd 4rm service without pension and gratuity

(1) (2) (Reply)

“The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out / Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 / A Thread To Wish Nigerian Army "Happy Valentine"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.