Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,049 members, 7,814,602 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

The 'logic' In Atheism. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The 'logic' In Atheism. (1905 Views)

Atheism is Dead : The Logic of God and Everything / 5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism / Flaws Definition Of God Exposes In Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 'logic' In Atheism. by PastorKun(m): 12:06pm On Feb 03, 2012
smiley

Re: The 'logic' In Atheism. by mazaje(m): 12:32pm On Feb 03, 2012
When did the Big Ba[i]n[/i]g theory equate to atheism?. . . . . smiley
Re: The 'logic' In Atheism. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 03, 2012
even Pastor Kun is the more confused. That is not what Atheism is dude. You saying we dont do science?
Re: The 'logic' In Atheism. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 03, 2012
diluminati:

even Pastor Kun is the more confused. That is not what Atheism is dude. You saying we dont do science?

Atheism is even worse, it says I know nothing !
Re: The 'logic' In Atheism. by thehomer: 9:13am On Feb 04, 2012
frosbel:

Atheism is even worse, it says I know nothing !

There are so many things wrong with this sentence.
Firstly, not knowing something isn't necessarily bad.
Secondly, atheism is a statement about not believing the claims presented.
Thirdly, carefully read the text in that image and think carefully because it sounds pretty close to what many of you religious people believe.
Re: The 'logic' In Atheism. by Lasinoh: 10:54am On Feb 04, 2012
Better than the HOLY Ghost phocking another man's wife EJJJJaculately! grin

Nwa Baby Ashawo style. wink
Re: The 'logic' In Atheism. by UyiIredia(m): 3:05pm On Feb 04, 2012
mazaje:

When did the Big Ba[i]n[/i]g theory equate to atheism?. . . . . smiley

That's not the Big Ba[i]n[/i]g . It's about the state of the universe before the BB, at the start of the BB and after the BB and the start of life on earth.
Re: The 'logic' In Atheism. by UyiIredia(m): 3:07pm On Feb 04, 2012
It caricatures the position of some atheists quite nicely.
Re: The 'logic' In Atheism. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 04, 2012
thehomer:

There are so many things wrong with this sentence.
Firstly, not knowing something isn't necessarily bad.

It depends on what you do not know.

Agreed there are things that I do not need to know , like what you ate for dinner today  grin.

But there are things we should know, otherwise we are at risk of personal failure in life. For example we should know how to save money, restrain intimate urges , develop a good work ethic and many more.

In my opinion however , not knowing about the source of our existence or where we end up after death is bad enough , but to add nonchalance and carefreeness to this attitude , instead of an admittance of ignorance , and a humble willingness to know and do some hard research and investigation is suicide.

We can gamble with everything in life and get them back, but to gamble with our one and only life is madness.

Secondly, atheism is a statement about not believing the claims presented.

And then what alternative do you have to offer , nothingness  undecided
Re: The 'logic' In Atheism. by thehomer: 3:10pm On Feb 06, 2012
frosbel:

It depends on what you do not know.

Agreed there are things that I do not need to know , like what you ate for dinner today  grin.

But there are things we should know, otherwise we are at risk of personal failure in life. For example we should know how to save money, restrain intimate urges , develop a good work ethic and many more.

In my opinion however , not knowing about the source of our existence or where we end up after death is bad enough , but to add nonchalance and carefreeness to this attitude , instead of an admittance of ignorance , and a humble willingness to know and do some hard research and investigation is suicide.

Has it not yet occurred to you that you do not know "where" you end up after death? What sort of research and investigation will tell you the answer you're looking for? I ask because based on what we know using the best tools available, your question simply turns out to be based on a misunderstanding.

frosbel:

We can gamble with everything in life and get them back, but to gamble with our one and only life is madness.

Yes which is why I ask why some of you people waste your time and money on your pastors, prophets etc. Is it not madness?

frosbel:

And then what alternative do you have to offer , nothingness  undecided

The fact that those claims are in the best scenario, unsubstantiated and in the worst scenario, false.

(1) (Reply)

Wazzap Athiests? What Label Do You Use And Other Questions! / DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED / T.B Joshua Reveals Winner Of 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.