Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Protests: D’banj Claims Overseas Trip - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Protests: D’banj Claims Overseas Trip (756 Views)

“my Songs With Don Jazzy Will Soon Be Released,” D’banj Claims / “my Songs With Don Jazzy Will Soon Be Released,” D’banj Claims / Girl Protests Over IK Ogbonna's Colombian Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Protests: D’banj Claims Overseas Trip by dabrake(m): 3:20am On Feb 04, 2012
D’banj’s absence from the pro-subsidy protests in Lagos and his failure to lend his voice to the rash of criticisms that greeted the Federal Government’s action had ignited mixed reactions from music fans across Nigeria and sent many tongues wagging.

Fans of the self-acclaimed Koko Master had, no doubt, felt really bad that he stayed away from the masses’ struggle to press their rights. They expressed their feelings to him via different social media, especially on Twitter and Facebook.

Most of the messages showed how much the fans were displeased with him.

Now we know why. In a telephone interview with LIFE& BEAT, the singer’s manager, Sunday Are, said D’banj was not in the country.

Are said D’banj’s absence was not intentional, as nobody knew the protests would escalate to the magnitude that they did. He said that if the Koko Master, as he is fondly called by ladies, was in the country, he would have joined in the peaceful protests.

He said, “D’banj was not in the country while the protests lasted. He travelled to London after the Koko Concert to rest and shoot videos. Nobody knew the protests would turn out the way they did. I was not in the country myself when the strike began.

“I returned from South Africa to join the protests because I love my country. Everybody has a schedule mapped out for his day, week, or month; D’banj has his own schedule, too.”

Are said he was surprised that Nigerians did not give D’banj the benefit of doubt.

He said, “Like everybody that voted for Goodluck, we were surprised that things were turning out the way they did. D’banj did not exactly compose a campaign song for him; he already had the song.

“He just twisted it a little. I’m surprised about the way people reacted without hearing from D’banj. As for everybody that said negative things about him, I believe everybody has a right to express themselves. We all enjoy the freedom of speech.”

http://www.punchng.com/entertainment/life-beat/protests-dbanj-claims-overseas-trip/

(1) (Reply)

Pope Quit Over Corruption And Gay Sex Scandals – Report / Full Gist Of Omawumi #lassooftruth Concert + PHOTOS / Photos: Tonto Dikehcovers Glitz Magazinein Sexy Manner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.