Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,948 members, 7,814,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

If There Is Sovereign Nationational Conference, What Wld You Demand? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If There Is Sovereign Nationational Conference, What Wld You Demand? (757 Views)

My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State / Oteh To Be Redeployed To Sovereign Wealth Fund / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If There Is Sovereign Nationational Conference, What Wld You Demand? by agubata111: 11:41am On Feb 04, 2012
As for me, I wld demand;

1. Regional Government and Resource control.
2. Nigeria should return to Parliamentary System and get rid of the WASTEFUL National Assembly.
3. A single term tenure of 5 years for all Government positions.
4. Life jail for Corrupt Leaders.

Hw about you?
Re: If There Is Sovereign Nationational Conference, What Wld You Demand? by 2ruink(m): 1:05pm On Feb 04, 2012
I am beginning to suspect you
Re: If There Is Sovereign Nationational Conference, What Wld You Demand? by aljharem(m): 1:14pm On Feb 04, 2012
1. I would demand the country divides into 3 regions again with part of delta in the eastern region and part of the north central in the western region. To avoid any future fight

2. Each region should control their resources be it oil, agriculture etc you control you own thing

3. Each region control their police system and it is completly detached from the center

4. each region contributes certain billions to the center regardless of what you earn or what resources you have

5. We have only one capital commercial, admisrative etc all in one state or FCT

6. The only job the FG needs to do is organised the military, build 6 roads that link each region and other international events

7. No matter what is happening, they do not intervain into any region's business unless it is affecting other regions

8. Everyone goes back to their cultural state, there is no I am yoruba but born in Kaduna or I am igbo but born in lagos. Unless they want to fight for nothing because hostility would increase greatly

9. Each region builds their own univeristies etc there are no more federal road, federal university, federal hospital etc it ends

10. No one drop of oil should be taken from the Niger-delta again ( I mean parts of delta, balysea, rivers) unless the new eastern Region decides to or not
Re: If There Is Sovereign Nationational Conference, What Wld You Demand? by agubata111: 1:58pm On Feb 04, 2012
alj harem:

1. I would demand the country divides into 3 regions again with part of delta in the eastern region and part of the north central in the western region. To avoid any future fight

2. Each region should control their resources be it oil, agriculture etc you control you own thing

3. Each region control their police system and it is completly detached from the center

4. each region contributes certain billions to the center regardless of what you earn or what resources you have

6. The only job the FG needs to do is organised the military, build 6 roads that link each region and other international events

7. No matter what is happening, they do not intervain into any region's business unless it is affecting other regions

8. Everyone goes back to their cultural state, there is no I am yoruba but born in Kaduna or I am igbo but born in lagos. Unless they want to fight for nothing because hostility would increase greatly

9. Each region builds their own univeristies etc there are no more federal road, federal university, federal hospital etc it ends

10. No one drop of oil should be taken from the Niger-delta again ( I mean parts of delta, balysea, rivers) unless the new eastern Region decides to or not

ahj harem, I think I'm beginning to like your ideas. smiley
Re: If There Is Sovereign Nationational Conference, What Wld You Demand? by reporter1: 2:30pm On Feb 04, 2012
alj harem:

I agree with most of your position. However, Nigeria is now beyond three regions split. If SNC is convened, the best that would happen would be the current six geo-regions. NO region would forfeit their sovereignty at the SNC.  If the current trend is to go by, more than six regions would emerge. The Middle belt  people are so diverse, an SNC will provide them with an opportunity to split the region.

Resource control would dominate the discussion with less emphasis on system of governance because our leaders are all about resources and not welfare of their ppl.

Tail or head, Nigerians lose.
Re: If There Is Sovereign Nationational Conference, What Wld You Demand? by Dede1(m): 2:49pm On Feb 04, 2012
I shall adamantly demand the creation of Republic of Igbo land.

If my first demand is not accommodated, I shall call for Biafra or any agreed name but made up of all Igbo people regardless of state they call home now, Ibibio, Annang, Ogoni, Ejegam, Efik, Ijo (Okirika/Kalabari) and Idoma (Benue and Taraba).

My demand will end at the agitation of nation states out of disintegrated cesspit called Nigeria. Whatever administrative protocols deemed fit by the nation states, such as the type of government, share of common wealth, foreign engagement and policy, territorial expansion and economic policy, shall be left to decision-making body of the emerging countries.

(1) (Reply)

Shocker: Femi Fani-kayode To Elrufai - You Have Amnesia / The Biafran Story By Ojukwu ( Exclusive Video Interview) / Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu (1933-2011)- Tribute To The Opportunist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.