Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

What Is Happening To Rap Music? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Is Happening To Rap Music? (892 Views)

I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman / At What Age Should A Person Stop Listening To Rap Music? / Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Happening To Rap Music? by segzicres(m): 1:12pm On Oct 16, 2007
What is happening to Rap music it seems to be bowing to R&B. Most top songs are R&B while most rap music hope for the top 20s. the only thing now that makes rap interesting is the 5ocent and kanye west struggle for the top.
Re: What Is Happening To Rap Music? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 16, 2007
evolution.
Re: What Is Happening To Rap Music? by naijadiva2(f): 9:00pm On Oct 16, 2007
segzi cres:

What is happening to Rap music it seems to be bowing to R&B. Most top songs are R&B while most rap music hope for the top 20s. the only thing now that makes rap interesting is the 5ocent and kanye west struggle for the top.

cuz people are getting corney. they sign anyone and everyone to a record deal. shoot, if i wanted, i'll be a rapper myself and sell millions, all you need is a tight beat.
Re: What Is Happening To Rap Music? by bouzymill(m): 1:01am On Oct 17, 2007
[/quote]What is happening to Rap music it seems to be bowing to R&B. Most top songs are R&B while most rap music hope for the top 20s. the only thing now that makes rap interesting is the 5ocent and kanye west struggle for the top.[quote]

I believe rap has lost the objectives of the culture that brought it. Ever before, Rap is not a genre of music that makes it to the top list so often. It was only few of the mainstream rappers that made it to the top top shit: People like Nas, Tupac, Biggie, Big Pun etc. These guys who own these Music TV stations: MTVBase, Channel O, Trace, BET,MCM etc, deal with people. They make available polls for peole to vote on the tracks they like to watch, and you know a lot of people, maybe like 60% prefer track where what they want is displayed, at least to some extent what rap can not give them, like the steps from Omarion, The Vocoded or Autotuned voices of Akon and-Pain, Dances and nice collabos from Chris Brown. etc. So rap lost it to R&B. Another thing that helped R&B is its full transition from Being Soul, usually dull music to more danceable R&B. But all in all, Rap is still Rap, and the movement is still moving on, on the underground.

You can use Kanye and 50's battle for supremacy to check the active presence of rap. People went for the real and not the derailed contents, Rap is Alive
Re: What Is Happening To Rap Music? by prncss(f): 10:23pm On Oct 17, 2007
According to Nas Hiphop is dead
Re: What Is Happening To Rap Music? by tolajones: 2:59pm On Oct 18, 2007
Rap music, notin is wrong, am aslo a rapper iahev up to 9tracks.but am sad cos =am looking for a sponsorer and a producer.holla.everyone i need help,
Re: What Is Happening To Rap Music? by naijadiva2(f): 9:42pm On Oct 18, 2007
prncss:

According to Nas Hiphop is dead

i am tired of hearing that line.
Re: What Is Happening To Rap Music? by alisigwe(m): 8:02pm On Oct 22, 2007
rap is coming stronger .Bleep holes

(1) (Reply)

'LIVING DARFUR' By Mattafix / Shank Ft Akon / Please Rate My Beat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.