Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,516 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University (9072 Views)

Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" / Okorocha Sacks IMSU VC, Appoints Obasi In Acting Capacity / Imo State University Post Ume Info; Dept. Cut Off, Closing & Exam Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by Marlboro1: 3:56pm On Feb 04, 2012
BY CHIDI NKWOPARA, Owerri
Vanguard Newspaper February 04, 2012

The Vice Chancellor,  of Imo State University, IMSU, Owerri, Professor Bathram E. B. Nwoke, says he would abide by any directive of the state government on the relocation of the institution.

Nwoke made this known while fielding questions from journalists after Governor Rochas Okorocha’s meeting with the management and labour leaders of IMSU in Owerri.

It was his considered opinion that neither the Vice Chancellor nor the management of the University has the constitutional right to disagree with the government, which he said owns the institution.

“The University was established through an Act of Parliament. Anywhere the Governor and the State House of Assembly decide to take the University to is where the Vice Chancellor will be”, Nwoke said.

Answering another question, the VC said he had no power to decide for the Governor, who doubles as the institution’s Visitor, on where to relocate the University.

When pressed to disclose the agenda of the meeting, Nwoke said the issue of self sustainability of IMSU, like other ministries and parastatals, was discussed during the session.

Pls, if anyone has pictures of the new site share with us.
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by Afam4eva(m): 4:15pm On Feb 04, 2012
I hope the new site in owerri.
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by Marlboro1: 5:12pm On Feb 04, 2012
@afam4eva

How can it be in Owerri when the whole idea is to decongest the city that already has 5 other higher institutions? IMSU will maintain the current multi-campus structure but the main campus is being relocated to land donated by Urualla in Ideator North and Obiohia in Ideator South LGA. It is a good idea because aside from decongesting the capital city will curb prostitution and keep students safe.
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by wesley80(m): 5:58pm On Feb 04, 2012
What zone is Ideator/Urualla and what zone is Rochas from? Why does every new Governor feel obligated to play politics with IMSU? First was Udenwa moving their medical school to his zone Orlu, Ohakim moved the engineering faculty to Okigwe his zone, not to be outdone, Rochas now wants to move the entire school to Ideato to "curb prostitution" as someone is already xplaining! What makes "scattered campuses" desirable with IMSU aside politics? Why give an excuse as ridiculous as "Decongestion" or "prostitution"? Do u know how much investments would be lost automatically if and when the school is moved? This is nothing but a political decision and the economics of it are not being considered and neither is Rochas thinking of the entire state in choosing to move the school.
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by Marlboro1: 6:13pm On Feb 04, 2012
Does any one have pictures of the new site in Ideator N/S to share?
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by ajekpaks(m): 7:49pm On Feb 04, 2012
Remember where the original site was supposed to be? that's in Isiwenke in Ihitte Uboma, where the Madonna Science school currently is, Politics made em move it all the way to Owerri, now this, hope they don't move it out of the state oh, lol
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by drnoel: 7:58pm On Feb 04, 2012
grin grin grin only Owelle Rochas would come up with that kind of excuss 2 move an entire University
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by macob(m): 8:48pm On Feb 04, 2012
thank God i've left before it started happening. i pity imo stars. i heard imsu is still on internal strike even after d long national strike? chukwu zoba anyi.
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by chuqudy(m): 8:53pm On Feb 04, 2012
ONE of it's campuses should be relocated to Mbaise my beloved home town.
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by Wexelion(m): 9:08pm On Feb 04, 2012
I heard the school is always on Strike
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by chino11(m): 9:09pm On Feb 04, 2012
The school needs the relocation, the prostitution is so much there. cool
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by Ournaija: 9:53pm On Feb 04, 2012
chuqudy:

Mbaise?
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by chidexy(m): 9:54pm On Feb 04, 2012
ajekpaks:

Remember where the original site was supposed to be? that's in Isiwenke in Ihitte Uboma, where the Madonna Science school currently is,  Politics made em move it all the way to Owerri,  now this,  hope they don't move it out of the state oh,  lol

That's not true. IMSU was hurriedly set up after the former IMSU (now ABSU) was seeded to Abia State and the government of Enwerem hurriedly created the university and convinced Babangida to force FUTO out of their temporary site at Lake Nwaebere for the establishment of IMSU.
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by desertboom(m): 10:35pm On Feb 04, 2012
Owerri is a small city and Owerri is the only city in Imo State. The Government really need to create another city in Imo State, hence, relocating the University will decongest Owerri and also create another developing city.
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by oakhill: 11:32pm On Feb 04, 2012
Move it to OwerriNkworji
perfect location
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by Marlboro1: 12:18am On Feb 05, 2012
Anyone have pictures of the new site to share, Pleeeeaase!
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by Afam4eva(m): 1:54am On Feb 05, 2012
@desertboom
You must think that building a city is like building a face-me-i-face-you. Owerri is still a growing city and I don't see any reason why it should be left in order to build another city.
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by iykak47: 6:27am On Feb 05, 2012
chuqudy:

Gbam! Your are 100% right.
Because 'emenyere Nwogwugwu emenyere Nwanosike, menyekwara Daa Nnediya no n'ulo.'
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by iykak47: 6:32am On Feb 05, 2012
Ournaija:

Mbaise?
No, Mbairi. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by Ndkings1(m): 7:23am On Feb 05, 2012
Am not happy wit dis development at all.
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by member479760: 9:15am On Feb 05, 2012
Becomerich give us the satanist pictures.
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by chino11(m): 9:20am On Feb 05, 2012
Ok oo
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by kizito96(m): 5:21pm On Feb 05, 2012
It is now the order of the day that any Governor who comes to Imo State takes what ever he sees to his home town. Ike Nwachukwu came and Relocated the former Imostate University to Okigwe. A University Mbakwe fought for. Achike Udenwa ook the Medical School to Orlu his Home Town, now Okoroacha is taking the present IMSU to Mgboko in the same Orlu. Are those of us in Mbaise and Mbano and Etiti Axis keeping quiet? What do you want the poor Vc to say. It was Rochas who promoted and appointed him the VC of the university. He who pays the piper dictates the tune. Please let us stand up for the right thing
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by maxilite: 5:37pm On Feb 05, 2012
How do you see relocating IMSU between two LGA instead of one
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by kaysy(m): 7:04pm On Feb 05, 2012
Provided IMSU is no more in OWERRI, am ok with that,

that IMSU/OWERRI collabor is becoming too much of a freak for girls to take off interest
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by vanunu: 7:06pm On Feb 05, 2012
The Governor is simply playing sectional politics with IMSU and it is very unfair, There is absulutely nothing wrong with the present site where Imsu is located. More so what Imo state needs is simply another state university, as Imo has no private university.
About 10% of jamb candidates every year are from Imo state, and these has put so much pressure on Imo state University, many candidates seeking admission into Imsu score above 300 in PostUme and are denied admission. Rochas should simply establish another state University, he should put the interest of the youths into consideration.
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by sniperwolf(m): 10:14pm On Feb 05, 2012
Do they really need this relocation? Get other campuses instead of relocating the entire school
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by Afam4eva(m): 10:56pm On Feb 05, 2012
I don't like this move at all. Why do our leaders play politics with everything. Owerre as a city needs IMSU. It adds to it's credibility.
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by chuqudy(m): 11:14pm On Feb 05, 2012
iykak47:

Gbam! Your are 100% right.
Because 'emenyere Nwogwugwu emenyere Nwanosike, menyekwara Daa Nnediya no n'ulo.'

Correct

1 Like

Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by desertboom(m): 9:07am On Feb 06, 2012
@afam4eva. . . Owerri is congested. IMSU just need to be moved to another site, Imo stars needs to enjoy standard infrastructure and seren environment. The present day IMSU is located right in the center of Owerri. A university is suppose to be a little bit far from the city. I'm not here to talk about politics of where it should be relocated to but standard and good learning environment.
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by Afam4eva(m): 10:00am On Feb 06, 2012
@desertboom
Is Owerri more congested than Lagos and port-hacourt? Is the whole of Owerri occupied? If it must be moved why not move it to the outskirts of not far from owerri.
Re: IMSU VC Okays Relocation Of Imo State University by desertboom(m): 11:05am On Feb 06, 2012
@afam4eva. . . Rivers state is also relocating the state university to another site in the bit to decongest Portharcourt city, as for lagos, I don't know much. Its good to know that you are also in support of the relocation, but I guess your problem is; where is it being relocated to? I am a student of this institution, the university has been operating on the temporal site for so many years. In fact, the relocation is long over-due. Sir, the government and the state assembly just need to look for a better place to relocate the school, to the benefit of all, instead of engaging in tribal sentiment and politics.

(1) (2) (Reply)

At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor / Why Lion Is The King Of The Beasts [shocking Photos Speak] / Here is NECO GCE 2020 Nov/Dec Registration Date, Timetable and Latest Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.