Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims (4004 Views)

Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch / Atiku Donates N50m, Aircraft And 12 Land Cruisers For Buhari's Campaign / Gej Visits Xmas Day Bombing Site, 6 Days After! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by saska1122: 7:57pm On Feb 05, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Thank him for donating state money that could have gone to paying people's salaries, really?

Why didn't he donate his own salary which I am guessing is in the millions, rather than taking from the already poor to give the poor?

And for those in doubt if Nigerians really live on less than $1-$2 a day. Check out Akwa Ibom State. If minimum wage is still not being paid there, then it goes to say that there are many in there living on less than a $1 a day.
@Kobojunkie, Because U are living in the western world sometimes gives U the chance to make one sided judgement. I have noticed that U jump at issues or persons here without getting ur facts right. Akwa Ibom as a state has her challenges as any state or country. But judging it with others, AKS is far ahead of others of same age. The governor is not a "sole administrator", so he works with others in Executive, legislative and judicial arms of govt. To always jump at issue once Akpabio's name is mentioned shows how myopic some people are. If U are from AKS, I'm sure U have one or 2 person in govt, who are part of whatever maybe going wrong in govt.
Go and visit AKS and compared it to 5yrs ago. It's not perfect, but some effort has gone in. There is wastage of resources, but are these wastage not encouraged by ur "uncles" and 'aristos' who get the money to patronize ladies?
The issue of living under $1 per day(since U live in Yankee U now count in$$$), is a result of long time neglect of certain basic needs. 1 person cant fix it over night.
I'm sure if U are asked to go home and serve in a appointed/elective position, U'll do more than Bankole and other thieves who use the arrogant mantra "I was trained abroad" to steal us blind.
So baby reason constructively.
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by nizelgirl(f): 8:23pm On Feb 05, 2012
Gov Akpabio. The man of the people. God bless him.
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by adook1: 8:59pm On Feb 05, 2012
A fraudster,he should pay salarty arrears since april ,eye service
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by Kobojunkie: 9:34pm On Feb 05, 2012
saska1122:

@Kobojunkie, Because U are living in the western world sometimes gives U the chance to make one sided judgement. I have noticed that U jump at issues or persons here without getting ur facts right. Akwa Ibom as a state has her challenges as any state or country. But judging it with others, AKS is far ahead of others of same age. The governor is not a "sole administrator", so he works with others in Executive, legislative and judicial arms of govt. To always jump at issue once Akpabio's name is mentioned shows how myopic some people are. If U are from AKS, I'm sure U have one or 2 person in govt, who are part of whatever maybe going wrong in govt.
Go and visit AKS and compared it to 5yrs ago. It's not perfect, but some effort has gone in. There is wastage of resources, but are these wastage not encouraged by ur "uncles" and 'aristos' who get the money to patronize ladies?
The issue of living under $1 per day(since U live in Yankee U now count in$$$), is a result of long time neglect of certain basic needs. 1 person cant fix it over night.
I'm sure if U are asked to go home and serve in a appointed/elective position, U'll do more than Bankole and other thieves who use the arrogant mantra "I was trained abroad" to steal us blind.
So baby reason constructively. 

If you have noticed anything of me, it is one thing . . . . I hate meaningless ramblings, especially in attempts to disparage someone who simply asked a straight question that you could respond to without the extra jumbles. Yes, Nigeria is poor and their is waste everywhere but still, when it comes to use of public funds, we need to urge that the money be used wisely.

AkwaIbom is a state that receives some of the highest in monthly allocations each month yet it refuses to pay minimum wage . . .if you do not know what that means, it means the state is illegally going against the LAW IN NIGERIA THAT CIVIL SERVANTS be paid AT LEAST MINIMUM Wage. That is what MINIMUM wage means,unless we have found a way to TWEAK IT in Nigeria.

I don't care if he is your god or your papa. . .  a good question to ask this man is how come the state has money to give away to the poor when the poor in it's own state are still being illegally denied what they deserve, by our constitution.

Don't bother responding if you have nothing meaningful to add to what I said, not what else you have cooking there in your head, OK?
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by Rad1cal: 10:38pm On Feb 05, 2012
To all lousy folks questioning this kind gesture, i wonder why you were all missing on this thread.

[size=18pt]Bomb Blast Anivasary. Lagos State To Compensate Victims And Build Memorial Wall[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-857012.0.html
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 05, 2012
akpabio, there are over 5000 akwa ibomites schooling in the north. Over 1500 i know in federal polytechnic mubi, a town which was attacked recently by boko haram. Civil servants in ur state just resumed work after a 3 weeks strike over non inplementation of minimum wage. And ur state recieves the highest subvention of N10.80 billion naira monthly. Is that money yours or the state's? I dey vex with u ma guy, All these years wey we dey north dey school, u don ever pay us bursary talk more of scholarship? I still dey vex, U just dey build fly over everwhere for akwa ibom when people no get jobs or wetin to chop. See mobil, Na yoruba full there. Even julius berger, na warri and westerners full there. Akwa ibomites just dey so blinded by those flowers wey ur govt plant full everwhere. I still dey vex ooo. U try for roads sha bt where akwa ibom man wan carry money buy the car to drive on d road. U just de spend our money like say na ur own. Every sunday service u must do donation for church,,,,, sometimes up to 5million. Well thank God say even though i hail from akwa ibom, i never spend good one year there and i no wish too. Bt e dey pain me say u dey decieve ma pple wey no go anywhere and wey no see anything,
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by Nobody: 12:23am On Feb 06, 2012
I donate my family on behalf of N50 million. . . Lol.

Seriously though, I think its quite thoughtful. I know a number of people who would adopt a "wetin-concern-me" stance on this. Thumbs up.
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by Nobody: 12:36am On Feb 06, 2012
On 2nd thought though, I think its also necessary to ask Mr. Akpabio where exactly the money is coming from: state or governor?
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by EPOMA(m): 2:56am On Feb 06, 2012
Raxxye:

Minimum wage has since been paid in Akwa Ibom, since April,2011, when the law was passed by the NASS. Akwa Ibom pays its staff 13months salary(double salary each december) every year. I suggest u guys get ur facts right b4 posting here.
so why are the civil servant on strike for over a month now. this man just like show. his days are numbered
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by Kobojunkie: 2:59am On Feb 06, 2012
Raxxye:

Minimum wage has since been paid in Akwa Ibom, since April,2011, when the law was passed by the NASS. Akwa Ibom pays its staff 13months salary(double salary each december) every year. I suggest u guys get ur facts right b4 posting here.

Did you really need to tell this lie? Gosh!!! Nigerians ehn!! I don talk am . . . na una dey help create and maintain all the wahala wey dey that country. No be devil or demon . . . na people like you and you and you!!!
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by kinguwem: 10:41am On Feb 06, 2012
Shame onto the Emir of Suleja, the Governor of Niger State and the northern state governors for not having courage to assist the relatives of the bereaved due to the fear of Boko Haram. They always wait for the Federal Government to do everything for them. God bless Obong Akpabio for his kind gesture. We need lion hearted leaders in this country. Nobody can suppress the worship of Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour. As long as he lives, the church shall continue to grow.
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by kinguwem: 11:20am On Feb 06, 2012
Shame onto the Emir of Suleja, the Governor of Niger State and the northern state governors for not having courage to assist the relatives of the bereaved due to the fear of Boko Haram. They always wait for the Federal Government to do everything for them. God bless Obong Akpabio for his kind gesture. We need lion hearted leaders in this country. Nobody can suppress the worship of Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour. As long as he lives, the church shall continue to grow.
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 06, 2012
Constitutionally he's wrong unless its from his pocket.

Unconstitutionally the Nigerian way, he is way more right and sympathetic, quite thoughtful
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by Raxxye(m): 7:47pm On Feb 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Did you really need to tell this lie? Gosh!!! Nigerians ehn!! I don talk am . . . na una dey help create and maintain all the wahala wey dey that country. No be devil or demon . . . na people like you and you and you!!!

Indeed people like me who are around here braving the odds and making contributions in our own little way to this nation‘s development are the ones creating and maintaining wahala, while the ones like u, who hv since denied their nationality are the ones solving the wahala. Just be reasonable, my dear. And for ur info, Akpabio could have spent that amount to purchase some additional cars to add to his convoy, and the man across his fence wouldn‘t even notice. If in doubt, ask Timipre Sylva or T.A. Orji.
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by Kobojunkie: 11:50pm On Feb 06, 2012
Raxxye:

Indeed people like me who are around here braving the odds and making contributions in our own little way  to this nation‘s development are the ones creating and maintaining wahala, while the ones like u, who hv since denied their nationality are the ones solving the wahala. Just be reasonable, my dear. And for ur info, Akpabio could have spent that amount to purchase some additional cars to add to his convoy, and the man across his fence wouldn‘t even notice. If in doubt, ask Timipre Sylva or T.A. Orji.
Yes, braving the odds by OPENING your kabukabu mouth to LIE on behalf of politicians that continue to steal your father and your father's fathers inheritance for kobo-kobo . . . .  so brave of you!

Kobojunkie:

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Best State Governor Nigeria Ever Had-the man Suswam / Presidential Media Team Releases Official Photos Of Jonathan's Visit To OAU / LIVE UPDATE: Collation Of Results Start In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.