Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

W.i.p For A 3d Illustration: - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / W.i.p For A 3d Illustration: (1469 Views)

African Illustration Of Rihanna, Diddy, Drake, Nicki Minaj, / Blender3d : Topic On Nairaland (graphics/video) By Amhatu W. / 3d W.I.P Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

W.i.p For A 3d Illustration: by zPixel(m): 12:54am On Feb 06, 2012
Happy new year cgpeers, this forum has been quite this year. Anyway, I plan to post my wip for a little 3d still that was inspired by lightup nigeria and phcn. The main goal is to create contrast in the composition using an old lantern and a modern light bulb.

The first step will be to model the lantern and the light bulb. Then I will focus more on the shading and lighting/rendering. Please your comments are very welcome.

I hope the new guys learn one or two from this process. 3Dsmax and vray will be used.
Re: W.i.p For A 3d Illustration: by zPixel(m): 1:30am On Feb 06, 2012
Most of the objects are curves with lathe modifier, simple primitives. I'm just trying to rough out the basic shape before I start detailing. I've also attached some reference images I'm using. Hopefully, I should have a complete model later in the morning smiley

1 Share

Re: W.i.p For A 3d Illustration: by xothermik(m): 2:18am On Feb 06, 2012
So far so good. I noticed u are not modeling in maya as was traditionally the case with you. Any real reason for that?
Re: W.i.p For A 3d Illustration: by zPixel(m): 9:44am On Feb 06, 2012
I just love 3dsmax wink, max has a better curve tool
Re: W.i.p For A 3d Illustration: by Holajaid(m): 3:10pm On Feb 06, 2012
Hi, I have passion for 3d but I need someone to put me tru, anyone to help out
Re: W.i.p For A 3d Illustration: by AdamuW: 7:11pm On Feb 06, 2012
Yes it has been a quiet year. I guess people are focusing on getting their businesses to the next level so they don't have time or forget to comment. Looking forward to seeing how this project develops. I haven't touched 3D in years so it should be interesting.
Re: W.i.p For A 3d Illustration: by zPixel(m): 8:15pm On Feb 06, 2012
@AdamuW , Thanks, I'll keep updating

Finished modeling the lantern, I've also gone ahead to texture and perform some test renders. All textures are procedural and I plan not to use GI in this project. The flame is an editable poly with vrayLightmtl.

I plan to add some dirt to the glass, it looks too clean. My next update will be the lightbulb and to choose a camera angle. Let me know what you guys think.

Re: W.i.p For A 3d Illustration: by zPixel(m): 4:46pm On Feb 07, 2012
Update:

Re: W.i.p For A 3d Illustration: by xothermik(m): 4:46pm On Feb 08, 2012
Looking great. can always count on u with this sort of stuff.
Re: W.i.p For A 3d Illustration: by zPixel(m): 6:51pm On Feb 13, 2012
Thanks Mr. X

This is the final image. Please ignore the black edges on the 'lightup' text, i'm just too lazy to re-render. Really learnt alot from using 3dsmax.

Re: W.i.p For A 3d Illustration: by zPixel(m): 6:55pm On Feb 13, 2012
wire

(1) (Reply)

G-SUMMIT Web Design Workshop / New Brand Design / Makeup Artist, Ankara Bags, Shoes, Hairdressing & Makeup Training Contact Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.