Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:14 AM

Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? (8837 Views)

Trailer For Tunde Kelani’s Dazzling Mirage. A Brilliant Teaser Trailer. / Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? / Day Break Season 2: Who Has Watched It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by damolat: 5:47pm On Feb 06, 2012
So the long awaited epic movie from Tunde Kelani has since hit the Cinemas. Who has watched it and what are your initial thoughts, reviews and opinions. I've been following trends on twitter and everybody says its a very emotional and realistic movie. Some people actually cried. Did you??

Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by danteweb: 10:06pm On Feb 06, 2012
I have. It sure moved me close to tears. But at the end of the fim, there was absolute silence in the cinema so i suspect a lot of people would have cried silently!
Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by tpia5: 12:37am On Feb 07, 2012
Synopsis?
Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 07, 2012
Why do people cry while watching movies?
It's just actors acting out a script.
Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by sweetguy10(m): 8:37am On Feb 07, 2012
Don't think I will watch it , I am a very emotional person and movies leave some funny scars in me . My sister already watched it , she told me that she could not fight the tears so she had to let it flow freely ,what's so touching about the movie she won't tell me ,
Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by ektbear: 8:53am On Feb 07, 2012
What is it about?

fellis:

Why do people cry while watching movies?
It's just actors acting out a script.

Na wa o

You should go visit the Wizard of Oz and ask him to give you a heart

1 Like

Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by slimyem: 9:12am On Feb 07, 2012
i havent but i'd sure love to.
Tunde Kelani's movies rock usually!

1 Like

Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by eghost247(m): 9:28am On Feb 07, 2012
tpia@:

Synopsis?

Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by Dyt(f): 9:38am On Feb 07, 2012
did wanna waste moni lyk i did 4 MIRROR BOY
dis seems cool
shld c it 2morrow
Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by clip: 9:48am On Feb 07, 2012
His films are always good
Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by sammieone(m): 10:06am On Feb 07, 2012
I watched it yesterday, Awesome. It reminder me of my growing up, ofcourse tears dropped expecially then when you look into your swallow (food) and there is no meat.
Good script,

1 Like

Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by danteweb: 10:26am On Feb 07, 2012
I think for a Nigerian movie to be so realistic up to the point of playing on people's emotions, then we are really getting somewhere. When i saw this film, it was the first time I would see our normal Nigerian environment and everyday life, normal real Nigerians (not people trying to be like americans), our normal way of thinking and value system, real Nigerian markets, bus conductors, traders,  etc . . . being treated to an international standard film experience and cinematic quality!

One thing i also liked was that there was a sweet blend between the ancient and the modern!

some behind the scenes from his page facebook.com/tundekelanimainframe

Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by damolat: 10:29am On Feb 07, 2012
Also the part where the young boy tells the mother he doesn't want meat, he doesn't want the father, she is all he wants.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 07, 2012
I have'nt seen the film but with all this comments i will grab a copy
Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by twinstaiye(m): 10:49am On Feb 07, 2012
I shed some tears at the scene where Kashi's mum was scrapping meat from remnant bones at the Butchers shop.  Suddenly, someone ask whether she was trying to get bones for her dog, she confessed, it was her sons birthday, and since she cant afford meat, she is trying to salvage some meat from the bones leftovers. Suddenly, the news spread, and before you know it, the vegetables sellers, the rice and beans sellers, the pepper and tomato sellers all brought their widows mite from their wares for her so she can prepare a good dish for her son's birthday. That kindness from all of them brought tears to my eyes. "Kindness is like a relay race, once you received the barton, you must pass it on" with those maxims, she made her son understands the importance of that generousity later.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by Dyt(f): 10:51am On Feb 07, 2012
^ i jst did
cant wait till 2morrow
gotta c it 2day
Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by smoothlips(m): 10:53am On Feb 07, 2012
It's the best Nigeria movie I have ever watched, I wz skeptical at first but it's worth d moni.
cry cry cry cry
Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by WillyWest: 10:55am On Feb 07, 2012
Just reading Twinstaiye's post almost brought tears to my eyes tho I've never watched this movie.
Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by highland(m): 11:07am On Feb 07, 2012
Fictions never move me.
Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by blackmale(m): 11:45am On Feb 07, 2012
im not emotional whenever i watch movies, i always see them with the concept of behind the scenes, its a script and pple play the roles,
Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by abikelat(f): 11:53am On Feb 07, 2012
I just may cry.
Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by TonySpike: 12:10pm On Feb 07, 2012
Tunde Kelani, unlike many of these junkyard and uninspiring Nollywood (or Nolly-pako) producers/directors, is the best cinematographer in Nigeria at the moment. I just hope he trains upcoming cinematographers in the highest standard possible before he leaves the scene.

One thing about Tunde's movies is the indepth intellectual and philosophical content of his films. He does a wide range of research and relies on the knowledge of linguists, historians and academicians to develop powerful stories. Also, his concept of using camera techniques to illuminate obscure scenes is a dynamic medium which isn't being explored by majority of Nigerian movie producer. The only closest Nigerian directors/producers maybe perhaps Tade Ogidan, Teco Benson, Izu Ojukwu and lately Stephanie Okereke.

I salute this great man. May he live long to train others like him. Already, he has inspired the "Saworoide" duo of Kunle Afolayan and Kabirat Kafidipe, who are now swiftly climbing up the movie production ladder. I hope to watch this film someday,
Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by danteweb: 12:59pm On Feb 07, 2012
@willywest, same thing happed to me reading twintaiye's comment. Its crazy how much power there is in a story!

Its just so sad that our government is yet to understand this.
Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by Baawaa(m): 3:03pm On Feb 07, 2012
Tunde Kelani kudos to you!!The problem is that,buying mainframe films is a job
Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by dimcee(f): 9:27pm On Feb 07, 2012
 watch maami  cried lyk ɑ̤̥̈̊ baby even ♏v̶̲̥̅ hubby d̶̲̥̅̊α† believed d̶̲̥̅̊α† no film can make him cry ,does nt kn whn he start crying. ɑ̤̥̈̊πϑ dis film makes mi love ɑ̤̥̈̊πϑ cherish ♏v̶̲̥̅ mother more.
Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by Ufeolorun(m): 12:33pm On Feb 08, 2012
^
Post it online ke? You know how much time/intellect/money he has invested in this project. please!
We need proper films and that will only happen when returns are predictable.
Find time go and watch it.
Online pay-per-view,no problem.
Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by denzel2009: 12:43pm On Feb 08, 2012
Tunde Kelani is on a different level from the days of Ti Oluwa ni ile.

Who else think The Figurine is overrated?
Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by kunlefox(m): 1:59pm On Feb 08, 2012
The way you guys are talking, you make it sound like this Tunde kelani man is our Martin scorsese or steven spielberg, i'll try see the movie for the way you folks have hyped it, i hope it's worth it tho, is it yoruba or English
Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by danteweb: 2:18pm On Feb 08, 2012
The part where the boy offered to do 1 month house chores for his mother's friend so she too could be given aso ebi really gripped me.
Re: Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 08, 2012
Ama make efforts to see dis muvee with my baby dis weekend, smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series / Watch Silverbird,galaxy Tx,mitv,lagos Tv , Tv Benin For Free Online On Jumtv.com / Mtn New Mobile Tv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.