Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,855 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Ibb Riot Act Posted By El Rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb Riot Act Posted By El Rufai (1007 Views)

Pictures Of Arrested Bokoharam Leaders As Posted By Nation News Papper / Senate President, Bukola Saraki Reads Riot Act On Unremitted Funds / Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibb Riot Act Posted By El Rufai by bashr8: 12:40am On Feb 07, 2012
IBB's RIOT ACT - Prof Nur Alkali

I believe that IBB's patriotic stand on Nigerian Unity and the re-affirmation of the "doctrines" of Nigerian nationhood should be taken seriously by those who think it is just a walk over to dismember this country. Those in the forefront of the various clandestine activity as reported in the media on daily basis which have enraged the General and Nigerians from all parts of this country must know that they represent no one but themselves.
No military General retired or serving with his right senses will sympathize with the call for a break up of this nation. IBB, reading the riot act is not only one of those Generals but was also a former President who ruled this nation for 8 years. Prior to this he was in the battle front of the Civil War, and was in the forefront of the fight that brought down the stupid attempted Orkah coup. He along with others crushed it and brought back sanity into the nation. Our elite and particularly the media should not make the matter of national disintegration a mere joke. It will be resisted from all sectors of this country. The criminal silence of those who should have come out to condemn the threat against Nigeria's Unity should be considered an abdication of responsibility which in itself is treason. Nigeria will forge ahead and her detractors will regret ever having to go into any misadventure. I believe what we have before us now is a "riot act" and those who think they can create dissension in Nigeria at this time in point should go back to school, (their ages notwithstanding) and read more history.
No doubt statesmen like IBB are shocked that such irresponsible talks like, bloodshed, war and breaking up of the country are happening in a Civil democratic rule which should transform our nation into a united strong virile and stable country. When his elder colleague and comrade in arms General Yakubu Gowon was once told during the Biafran Civil War about arms build up by the rebels he said "it is not the gun that matters but the man behind the gun". He along with other Generals most of whom are still alive crushed the rebellion and the rest is now a matter of history!
General Murtala Mohammed's 200 days rule had sent in a shockwave across the nation warning that Nigeria was an indivisible and indissoluble nation state. General Buhari's riot act was on indiscipline, corruption and all acts meant to destabilize Nigeria. He must have been in politics hoping that Nigeria will free herself from the bondage of militancy and criminals.
IBB giving out this riot act even as a retired General has declared he would go out to war again if such threats exist. The list of those who would join him on this patriotic mission from all corners of Nigeria is endless. It simply means that those who decide to ride the tiger's back on a misadventure like the dismemberment of Nigeria, will end up in its tommy.
Civil Democratic rule is not about absolute freedom even at the cost of the unity of the nation which the "Riot Act" says (and every patriotic Nigerian should agree) is a settled issue.
Unfortunately the whole issue revolves round the subject of "resource control" which was raised at the National Political Reform Conference (NPRC) of President Obasanjo and was thrown out by overwhelming vote of about 75% of members. The Conference itself lacked credibility as the motive came to be known to everyone on the street and the report with 186 sound recommendations dumped in the National Assembly by the then President.
The people from that part of Nigeria who continue to advocate the dismemberment of this nation should watch carefully the implication of being misled into a crisis that they cannot control and will eventually regret. They (particularly their most vocal few) who parade themselves as leaders of their communities are most ungrateful and inconsiderate of how they benefited from the Nigerian nation State. Talks about war, bloodshed, ethnic conflicts should be regarded as treason and meant to plunge the ordinary Nigerian into regrettable consequences. These are simply based on greed, misadventure and misjudgement.
Building a false scenario of plots of assassination of leaders and politicians, creating emotions and incitement of citizens is dishonesty, irresponsibility and even madness, real madness of the naked man dancing in the middle of the market. It can't work. Go back to build, save and develop your nation - Nigeria. In a nutshell this is what the "Riot Act" means.
BY

Prof. M. Nur Alkali, con, fhsn, fimc
University of Maiduguri

from elrufai facbook page
Re: Ibb Riot Act Posted By El Rufai by bashr8: 12:50am On Feb 07, 2012
why are these eople so scared of a break up?
Re: Ibb Riot Act Posted By El Rufai by auwal87(m): 1:10am On Feb 07, 2012
el rufai is confused grin
one nigeria army
Re: Ibb Riot Act Posted By El Rufai by Kilode1: 1:12am On Feb 07, 2012
Hello o. is that the Looting Cabal Fighting to protect their investments?

I no blame them sha, free money is sweeeeeeet!

Patriotism my yansh, when they were busy sharing oil blocks and looting like there is not tomorrow they did not think about patriotism.

Now, every criminal looter wan claim war hero grin grin grin
Re: Ibb Riot Act Posted By El Rufai by Guru101: 1:42am On Feb 07, 2012
Hello, JAMB exam is around the corner and as usual I’m going to help just 50 people score above N280
I’ve been doing this over the years and my testimonies speak for me. I do not encourage examination malpractice. You have to read and read very hard. I’m doing this because I know that the JAMB exam is not a true test of knowledge. You may know what to write, but you have no time to finish up. Research has showed that it is not the most intelligent that passes exam but those who are sharp to get what they want.
I’m here to help you guys, having been in your situation before.
I need only 50 interested students to text me at 08155274203 or email me at fizzyguru@yahoo.com
However you will need to pay a token for this service.
No spamming please.
See you
Re: Ibb Riot Act Posted By El Rufai by jmaine: 2:00am On Feb 07, 2012
Wonder why they always sound so confident about stopping the disintegration of this country if the process is catalyzed . . .

They also seem to forget that 1967 is a long time from 2012 . .and that the dynamics of engagement has also changee . . .

they seem to forget that the Alliances has been broken and new ones also formed . . . My Northern friends seem to be bathing in the euphoria of 1967 civil  war . .thinking they hold the aces . . .

I laugh . . . This time around . .They shall face the fury of the rest . . . they don't know how distanced and rejected they are fast becoming . . .

Re: Ibb Riot Act Posted By El Rufai by freegaza(m): 2:22am On Feb 07, 2012
Brilliant article.More like a warning to the bigotic niger deltans who think they are helping their son,if you look at closely they are adding more problems to him

(1) (Reply)

Lawyer Moves To Stop Ribadu Committee, Others / Ngoji OKONJO Iweala Wins The World Bank Presidency / Police Seize Rocket Launchers, Grenades From ‘bank Robbers’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.