Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Implementing A Paypal Payment System? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Implementing A Paypal Payment System? (2272 Views)

Easy Way To Add A Paypal Donate Button In Blogger / How To Open A Paypal Account In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Implementing A Paypal Payment System? by webemerald(m): 11:37am On Oct 17, 2007
Hi folks, i need help with the implementation of a paypal payment system for a sales site.
Do we need to open an account?
if yes, what kind of account?
How is the embedding process like with PHP based application?

i know nigeria is currently blaclisted but not to worry, the owner is based in the uk.
thanks
Re: Implementing A Paypal Payment System? by juintade(m): 12:18pm On Oct 17, 2007
@poster

You would need to open an account, a merchant account to specfic. A friend in the past had worked with the paypal, but I have never. To my undertstanding he made mention that it was quite easy, but how easy to implement I really do not know.

according to paypal website, they do have ready made cart for customers or you can build yours

Important thing to note, since your client is based in the UK, I urge you to use paypal.co.uk, i think they(paypal) recommend it as well

Another thing is I don't think it comes cheap using their service, but thats up to you and the client to decide

I think the following links should be useful for you:

https://www.paypal.com/uk

https://www.paypal.com/IntegrationCenter/ic_uk-pro.html

https://www.paypal.com/IntegrationCenter/ic_pdnHome.html
Re: Implementing A Paypal Payment System? by webemerald(m): 12:46pm On Oct 17, 2007
thanks men, i do know all this, i just need to hear directly from someone whos implementaed it b4 so i cld learn from his/her experience.
Re: Implementing A Paypal Payment System? by uspry1(f): 6:29am On Oct 18, 2007
PayPal account is a free merchant account, but it does not support Nigeria!

All you do is access your PayPal account under Merchant Services folder - - - there has PayPal button generator for you to copy HTML file to be pasted on your own website. Of course, there is step by step to fill in the blank textfield on each information you want for your online shopping page at below example: (single button only)

PayPal email address:
Item Name/Product Name:
Item Price:
Item Description:
Item Color: (optional)
Item Size: (optional)

Whatever i don't remember what button generator procedure are, once you done filling out information, it will generate automatically for you converting into HTML file to be copied and pasted to your online shopping page where you want the button display next to your finalized text content.

Be careful when u play testing the button submit, it will prompt opening new windows with secured PayPal shopping site asking you either PayPal username/password or credit card information to pay for the product. THIS IS REAL PAYMENT PROCESSING SITE.

Of course in PayPal account setting, you have to be sure that you must ENABLE IPN PayPal Payment and OPEN your financial information (banking account or credit card account) for the purpose to transfer the payment directly to your bank or credit card after four working days when you hit "withdraw money button" or "send money button".

Good luck! If you do not understand this, PayPal has helpline instruction step by step how to implement your PayPal on your own online shopping site. It is found under Merchant Services folder inside PayPal login.
Re: Implementing A Paypal Payment System? by niyyie(m): 2:03am On Oct 19, 2007
Integrating Paypal into your website is as easy as insert some snippet of HTML code that will then generate the PAY button on your website.

Also, there are very sophisticated shopping carts out there that allow you to simply enter your paypal account email address, and the cart handles the rest.

You/your client needs a paypal account for you to accept payment via Paypal.
Re: Implementing A Paypal Payment System? by kazey(m): 2:15pm On Oct 19, 2007
PayPal account is a free merchant account? shocked
Re: Implementing A Paypal Payment System? by uspry1(f): 11:25pm On Oct 19, 2007
kazey:

PayPal account is a free merchant account? shocked

What is merchant account? Do your homework!!!

Most merchant account providers are required you to pay upfront fee ranging from $49.95 to $750.00 with credit check background before they approved accepting your business on their secured payment processing system.

Popular Merchant Account providers are:

Card Services International
Authorize
PaySimple
PayPal (free)
CheckOut
Google Checkout (new 2006 release)
Verisign
and many many more,
Re: Implementing A Paypal Payment System? by kazey(m): 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2007
uspry1:

The funny thing is, I actually thought you knew what you were talking about in the beginning. I thought you were just a little bit misinformed about the fact that paypal is not free for business accounts and even personal accounts if you allow them to process your CC payments. Lady I have a suggestion, take a break, visit paypal website and browse through. Lastly paypal is not a real merchant account. wink
Re: Implementing A Paypal Payment System? by smartsoft(m): 3:43pm On Oct 20, 2007
See if is for you to create paypal account, the process is long and is better of for someone who is outta nigeria ! if you say you are hear wanna start using paypal, it will be uselesss expect fi you have relation or close pal who can ehlp you out.
Re: Implementing A Paypal Payment System? by niyyie(m): 4:08pm On Oct 20, 2007
Sweat not Kazey. grin grin grin
uspry1:

Most merchant account providers are required you to pay upfront fee ranging from $49.95 to $750.00 with credit check background before they approved accepting your business on their secured payment processing system.

Popular Merchant Account providers are:

Card Services International
Authorize
PaySimple
PayPal (free)
CheckOut
Google Checkout (new 2006 release)
Verisign
and many many more,
Emphasis mine.

uspry1 says Paypal is not a merchant account but ends up listing Paypal and Google checkout amongst her list of merchant account providers. grin cheesy

Well, Paypal is not a real merchant account. Just a close substitute. It works just fine if for any reason, a merchant account is not for you. wink Want to read more? Go to http://www.goldoasis.co.za/paypal/
Re: Implementing A Paypal Payment System? by uspry1(f): 8:19pm On Oct 21, 2007
@niyyie

I said PayPal is a free merchant account provider (payment processing account provider), i talk about upfront merchant account application requirement. Most merchant account providers require upfront fee to screen your business profile and credit background before approval allowing your business to transact all credit card payments/ACH electronic checks.

Ok, you insisted that PayPal is not a MERCHANT ACCOUNT PROVIDER.  Why PayPal has credit card icons (VISA, MasterCard, Discover, bank e-check) to accept payment processing system on their business e-commerce sites just like most other merchant account providers? Not only for sending and receiving money?
Re: Implementing A Paypal Payment System? by uspry1(f): 8:30pm On Oct 21, 2007
Cited by GoldOasis.co.za (South Africa)
Keep in your mind that PayPal do support South Africa PayPal users, not support Nigeria.

What is PayPal?

Paypal is an online payment system that enables its users to send money online, using their credit/debit card, funds from their bank account or Paypal account balance. Paypal also serves as an online wallet that enables users to to save online, and even invest in the Money Market (US users only). Paypal users can also receive money online and later withdraw it to their local or US bank account, request for a cheque from Paypal, or withdraw funds using a Paypal debit card or shop online.

Features offered by Paypal vary from country to country. For example, local bank withdrawal is unavailable to users in Malaysia (who however can withdraw to a US bank account), but is available to users in Singapore. Many countries (including South Africa) can only send money via Paypal, and do not have the privilege of receiving funds via Paypal.

Paypal is available to users in only 190 countries and the US-based company lays claim to over 100 million accounts. This makes Paypal a must for any serious online merchant. Leading online stores like Dell, Skype, ebay etc accept funds via Paypal.

Another good feature of Paypal is that it shields your financial payment information (credit/debit card and or bank account details) to a large extent. You only need to store your financial information with Paypal, and do not need to share it with merchants or other Paypal users since all you need to complete a transaction is your email address (one attached to Paypal) and Paypal account password when making payment.

Paypal is not without downsides. Users contend that Paypal does not pay interest on the money it stores on behalf of its users though it earns interest on such money in its own bank accounts. Others point out to the fact that all a crook needs is your Paypal-attached email address and account password to gain access and wipe out your account balance. I can however point out that going by Paypal™'s huge responsibility of securing over 100 million accounts, various security checks & balances are in place to reduce the incidence of fraud to the barest minimum. The security measures I know of are too innumerable for me to list here.

How can Paypal be of use to you?

Your use of Paypal will depend on what exactly you intend to do online. Are you an online shopper, a small-time seller or a full-blown merchant? Paypal has something for you.

Personal Accounts: This allows users to send/receive money online for free but receiving credit/debit card payment is limited to 5 times a year and attracts charges higher than Premier/Business accounts.

Premier Accounts: This allows users to access the following: eBay Tools, Merchant Services, Accept credit or debit cards, PayPal ATM/Debit Card.

Business Accounts: This functions basically as a Premier account with the added benefit of being able to do business in the name of your company and also provide multiple access (with varying degree of control) to the Paypal account.

According to Paypal™'s website, PayPal allows members to have one Personal account and one Premier or Business account. However, each PayPal account must contain unique email addresses and financial information. You may upgrade your account at any time.
Re: Implementing A Paypal Payment System? by kazey(m): 6:30am On Oct 22, 2007
Paypal is a third party payment processor just like 2checkout, that allows you to accept CCs, but it is not a real nor even a merchant account.

As with all third party credit card processors, PayPal has a higher fee per transaction (discount rate, etc.) than a merchant account. This means that at high dollar volumes, PayPal may be more costly than a merchant account.

PayPal Cost for sellers is 30 cents per transaction plus a 2.2% or 2.9% fee.
Re: Implementing A Paypal Payment System? by Nobody: 4:33am On May 24, 2013
With A premier account you can integrate payment gateway into your site.But these days paypal only allows you to open a personal or business account.However you can upgrade your personal account to premier account after opening.It will allow you accept payments or do business under your name.For more information get a comprehensive ebook here

epaymentexpert.com/paypalebook
Re: Implementing A Paypal Payment System? by jenifertaler: 3:06pm On May 24, 2013
Contact directly on Paypal customer care.They ill help you directy

(1) (Reply)

How To Send Mass/bulk Email With SMTP / Are You Interested In Getting Paid To Supply Information Online / How To Receive Payment From Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.