Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,747 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Mtv Released The Top 25 Rappers List - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mtv Released The Top 25 Rappers List (5004 Views)

MIXTAPE: Dj Millz – 24DAILYGISTBLOG TOP 25 / Dr. Dre Has Just Released The First Track From His Long-anticipated Album, Detox / Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtv Released The Top 25 Rappers List by WPBandit(m): 5:06pm On Feb 07, 2012
They got it really wrong! Where the hell is J. Cole? Where the hell is Dbanjo? What has Jim Jones or Nas done this year?

http://www.thewidowspeakbandit.com/2012/02/mtvs-top-25-candidates-for-top-mc.html
Re: Mtv Released The Top 25 Rappers List by joudini(m): 7:56pm On Feb 07, 2012
As if we dnt know the antecedents of Muhfucker Television (MTV) when it comes to this genre of music.

How on earth did they omit j.cole n kendrick lamar? But they have red cafe, 50, maino, jim jones etc? And one of the criteria of selection is lyrical content?

For Goodness sake, how do you overlook j.cole n kendrick lamar in 2011?

I laugh in annang. Muhfuckers!
Re: Mtv Released The Top 25 Rappers List by joudini(m): 7:58pm On Feb 07, 2012
As if we dnt know the antecedents of Muhfucker Television (MTV) when it comes to this genre of music.

How on earth did they omit j.cole n kendrick lamar? But they have red cafe, 50, maino, jim jones etc? And one of the criteria of selection is lyrical content?

For Goodness sake, how do you overlook j.cole n kendrick lamar in 2011?

I laugh in annang. Muhfuckers!
Re: Mtv Released The Top 25 Rappers List by WPBandit(m): 9:30pm On Feb 07, 2012
Ridiculous! They didn't put Kendrick Lamar or J. Cole but yet put Yelawolf? J. Cole's album outsold majority of the people on the list. I just don't get it.
Re: Mtv Released The Top 25 Rappers List by joudini(m): 10:14pm On Feb 07, 2012
WPBandit:

Ridiculous! They didn't put Kendrick Lamar or J. Cole but yet put Yelawolf? J. Cole's album outsold majority of the people on the list. I just don't get it.

hahaha, yelawolf, white dawg get 'em, lol. WP, right from the days of old, true hip hop fans dont rate albums by numbers pushed. The sideline story went gold but we know even if it did as low as section 80, it wud always be a good album.

Heck, section 80 did about 5,000 in first week w/out promotion but in IMO should be in contention for rap album of the yr.

This is so ridiculous l think MTV was just been mischievous.
Re: Mtv Released The Top 25 Rappers List by WPBandit(m): 10:19pm On Feb 07, 2012
WHITE DAWG! lol You're right, but at the same when they say "hottest MC" album sales is one of the biggest influences. Plus Cole is nominated for best new artist in the grammys but all those horrible new artist (Yelawolf, Big Sean) made the list before him?
Re: Mtv Released The Top 25 Rappers List by joudini(m): 5:11am On Feb 08, 2012
WPBandit:

WHITE DAWG! lol You're right, but at the same when they say "hottest MC" album sales is one of the biggest influences. Plus Cole is nominated for best new artist in the grammys but all those horrible new artist (Yelawolf, Big Sean) made the list before him?

let me mess with ur head then. Wud you rate kendrick lamar n tyler as among, say, the top 10 or 15 2011 hottest 'MC'?
Re: Mtv Released The Top 25 Rappers List by WPBandit(m): 6:59am On Feb 08, 2012
Kendrick Lamar, maybe, Tyler the Creator (Probably so) I hate tyler the creator, but he has already brought out a CD, a single and has featured on numerous songs. Kendrick hasn't dropped the album yet or single yet and hasn't been on any mainstream things yet. Kendrick is a rising star, Tyler the creator would be considered a hot MC.
Re: Mtv Released The Top 25 Rappers List by joudini(m): 11:34am On Feb 08, 2012
WPBandit:

Kendrick Lamar, maybe, Tyler the Creator (Probably so) I hate tyler the creator, but he has already brought out a CD, a single and has featured on numerous songs. Kendrick hasn't dropped the album yet or single yet and hasn't been on any mainstream things yet. Kendrick is a rising star, Tyler the creator would be considered a hot MC.

WP, i think u made a mistake. Kendrick released section 80 in 2011, the album that brought us hiipower. Sure you didnt forget that. He also released two real hiphop mixtapes that can pass for albums: kendrick lamar EP and O.D. He was even on Game's 2011 album. Real hiphop heads gat mad lurv for kendrick.

Tyler is a hiphop veteran. Has released so many albums, why people dont get to feel him is because his raps are way beyond average heads and are deeply introspective.

These two guys are definitely top 10 in my list. They are the kind of rappers you wud want to listen to while blowing blunts,lol.
Re: Mtv Released The Top 25 Rappers List by joudini(m): 11:56am On Feb 08, 2012
My bad. Just had to read what i typed n there is something l wud lyk to correct. Tyler has about 2 certified albums, l think. Not so much of a 'veteran', but his goblin album was introspective though.

I was thinking of someone else.
Re: Mtv Released The Top 25 Rappers List by baggage: 1:17pm On Feb 08, 2012
yh,read the story here http://www.dafreshcity.com/mtvs-hottest-mcs-in-the-game-vii/ , 2 chainz n french montana shldnt hv been dere
Re: Mtv Released The Top 25 Rappers List by WPBandit(m): 3:29pm On Feb 08, 2012
@joudini
I definitely feel you on Kendrick Lamar, Hip Hop heads like Drake are even feelin' him, and the fact that he opened up The Game's album is crazy.

They left out Ace Hood, Busta Rhymes, Big K.R.I.T.

@Baggage
2 Chainz should definitely be there, he's on everything, French Montana (Maybe) his style is new/hot. Jim Jones, Nas, Lloyd Banks, T.I., Red Cafe (He must've paid MTV) 50 Cent, shouldn't be there at all
Re: Mtv Released The Top 25 Rappers List by joudini(m): 5:02pm On Feb 08, 2012
Nice tat, WP.
Re: Mtv Released The Top 25 Rappers List by WPBandit(m): 8:47pm On Feb 08, 2012
Thanks man. Appreciate it.
Re: Mtv Released The Top 25 Rappers List by WPBandit(m): 11:41pm On Feb 13, 2012
Re: Mtv Released The Top 25 Rappers List by joudini(m): 8:07pm On Feb 14, 2012
WPBandit:

MTV has released number 10.

-Wale

http://www.thewidowspeakbandit.com/2012/02/wale-is-number-10-on-mtvs-hottest-mc.html

l guess we now know what the world want hiphop to sound like: money, hoes, fast cars, blings etc.

Just realised ma man lupe fiasco wasnt included. #mtvgetthefuckouttahere!
Re: Mtv Released The Top 25 Rappers List by kristiansmart: 4:50am On Feb 15, 2012
Yes, you're right.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Mtv Released The Top 25 Rappers List by femoskiade: 8:37am On Feb 15, 2012
Thats true
Re: Mtv Released The Top 25 Rappers List by Abagworo(m): 10:28pm On Feb 15, 2012
Meek Mill,Asap Rocky, Kendrik Lemar, Lupe Fiasco,

(1) (Reply)

Music: Phyno – Man Of The Year (obago) / Who Knows This Artiste - Kproxy? He Has Been Bursting My Brain Since Yesterday / Please Listen To My Music And Rate(please)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.