Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,589 members, 7,854,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:06 PM

Senate Probes Mark’s N400m House Renovation Contract - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Probes Mark’s N400m House Renovation Contract (873 Views)

Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard / Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) / Senate Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan’s Power Sector Spendings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Probes Mark’s N400m House Renovation Contract by Mamajama(m): 1:24pm On Oct 17, 2007
SENATORS on Tuesday prevented the President of the Senate, Senator David Mark, from stepping aside to allow the investigation of allegations that he approved N400 million for the renovation of his official residence at the Apo Legislators’ Quarters, Abuja.

Mark had offered to step aside to allow his deputy, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, to preside over the matter, declaring that he should not be seen to be a judge in his own case

Imagine if the senate president and the house speaker spent over 1 Billion on house renovations. How much will the president and the vice president spend?

Nigeria, wonder shall never stop.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/17102007/news/news2.html
Re: Senate Probes Mark’s N400m House Renovation Contract by lifestyle1(m): 1:55pm On Oct 17, 2007
Mamajama, Nigeria will never develop in as much as we are governed by corrupt leaders.
In your word, Only God knows how much the president and his vice uses for renovation.

Go to where this money is gotten from, the Niger Delta offcourse, there is no meaningful development,
the poeple are negleted. I pray we don't go for another civil war.

Power tent to corrupt but absoulute power corrupt absoulutly!
Re: Senate Probes Mark’s N400m House Renovation Contract by BigB11(m): 2:59pm On Oct 17, 2007
From another topic: I won't resign- Etteh (posted on Oct 01,07

Absolutely, you have a point, but you can not castigate this woman for wanting to stay or for wanting to fight to the end. To me, this case is very mystifying and I truly think there are couple of other people (Big Wigs) who were supposed to benefit greatly from this contract; these people are currently being protected. Hence, I will not be surprised if we do not see the end of this allegation.
FYI: Most illegal contracts awarding in Nigeria are linked, which means if Madam speaker goes down many others will follow. There is a possibility that these other invisible individuals are too big to go down with madam speaker. Therefore madam speaker is not only fighting for herself, but also fighting for many other folks.
There is also a possibility that she has the abetment of the bigger fish.
Let's chill and see what happens.

Politics is a bastard!

I knew from day one that there was more to Etteh's trouble and her protection by the big fish.

It seems to me that the priority of our leaders continues to dive deeper and deeper in disarray.
And war against corruption in Nigeria will forever be a rat race war, because the leaders are just not ready and absolutely not capable.
It is crystal clear to me that these folks do not possess the integrity, self discipline and selfless commitment required to ascend our nation back to the top.
Why?: Because too many of them are just too corrupt for too long.

Do not let us continue to fool ourselves, it is what it is; I hate to admit that the progress of my sweet country remains stationary (if not in reverse mode) while the poor, the innocent citizens continue to unnecessarily suffer gravely.

Infact, when I look at the senate panel, I see nothing but bunch of Greedy, Nonpartisan, Incompetent Hypocrite clowns
Let me know if you see something different.
Re: Senate Probes Mark’s N400m House Renovation Contract by yemmight(m): 3:05pm On Oct 17, 2007
Honestly these stories we hear everyday are very annoying. Pple are struggling to survive on daily basis and useless leaders are busy saphony the money upp there. I dont even know how much it will cost to build a whole house that 400m and 628m be used for renovation. We are still not through with Etteh his Brother is coming up. I strongly believe that revolution will come intom play in this country one day.
Re: Senate Probes Mark’s N400m House Renovation Contract by Mamajama(m): 3:30pm On Oct 17, 2007
BIGB1 you are absolutely correct, Thank for provisding that insight into the story.

If I recall. was DAVID MARK not one of IBBs boys?
Re: Senate Probes Mark’s N400m House Renovation Contract by BigB11(m): 3:42pm On Oct 17, 2007
There are schools with no windows or roofs.
There are schools with no chairs or tables.
Many teachers still struggle on a daily basis to get ordinary chalk.
There are schools with no books.
There are hospitals that require sick folks to bring their own beds.
There are many neighbourhoods that still do not have water supply.
No constant electric supply all throughout the country.
Highways (Roads) look like a demolished war zone.
Infact, if you pay attention you will realize that part of Murtala Muhammad International Airport is being used as a junk yard (you will see defective old airplanes with grass and mushroom growing on the pilot sits, being stored next to the run way).

But our main focus and mission in Nigeria is to make sure that our worthless leaders live very comfortable with their families, therefore their houses must be renovated and their cars must be from the best.

What a despicable state of mind.
Re: Senate Probes Mark’s N400m House Renovation Contract by BigB11(m): 3:47pm On Oct 17, 2007
If I recall. was DAVID MARK not one of IBBs boys?

MAMAJAMA:
Please, do not let us go there; I speak for nobody, but myself.
Re: Senate Probes Mark’s N400m House Renovation Contract by Mamajama(m): 3:48pm On Oct 17, 2007
What do you know about all this poverty and struggling you just listed Mr BigB1 born with a silver spoon?

LOL

I was just asking a question, Chill my friend
Re: Senate Probes Mark’s N400m House Renovation Contract by panalyst(m): 5:35pm On Oct 17, 2007
@mamajama

David Mark is anybody's boy when it suits him, He was an IBB boy, Abacha boy, OBJ boy (anyone remember 3rd term) and he is still a boy, True IBB boys, Akilu, John Shagaya,
Re: Senate Probes Mark’s N400m House Renovation Contract by McKren(m): 6:54pm On Oct 17, 2007
But did David Mark offer to step aside to be probed??

Did those who sponsored the N400million story in the Press stand up to give reasons why it is necessary to set up a panel to probe David Mark on the floor of Senate

If the faceless people behind the allegation of 400million contract could not confidently stand up on the floor of the Senate and defend their allegation, they should forever remain silent.

Because at the rate we are going I too can sponsor a newspaper report about even the President of Nigeria, the only way I can be taken seriously is if I am ready to come forward and substantiate my case at the appropriate channels.

The antecedents of David Mark does not reflect a man who has a case to answer on this 400million thing.

(1) (Reply)

World Bank Okays N45b For Nigerian Roads / Juju Scare: Ekiti Govt Shuts School Indefinitely / Zain,mtn Unlimited Browsing Xmas Bonaza Rate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.