Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

The Eucharist ''fountain Of Life'' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Eucharist ''fountain Of Life'' (829 Views)

Lecturers Are Needed At Fountain University / The Lord Jesus Christ, God - The Rock, The Fountain of Living Waters / Christianity: A Religion Or A 'Way Of Life'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Eucharist ''fountain Of Life'' by grailife(m): 4:17am On Feb 08, 2012
One thing seems clear: Our Lord is emphasizing, through this promise, the infinite value of Confession and Communion as miracles of mercy. He wants us to realise that since the Eucharist is His own Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity, it is the ''Fountain of Life". The Eucharist is Jesus, Himself, the Living God, longing to pour Himself as Mercy into our hearts.

Why would Our Lord feel the need to emphasize this? Because so many people do not really understand it. They either see no need to receive Holy Communion, or they receive it simply out of habit. As St. Paul expiains in his letter to the Corinthians, they eat the bread or drink the cup of the Lord unworthily, "without recognizing the body of the Lord" ( 1 Cor 11:27-29 ).
To be continued,
Re: The Eucharist ''fountain Of Life'' by grailife(m): 6:28pm On Feb 08, 2012
In His revelations to Blessed Faustina Our Lord makes it very clear what He is offering us in Holy Communion and how much it hurts Him when we treat His presence with indifference:
My great delight is to unite Myself with souls, When I come to a human heart in Holy Communion, My hands are full of all kinds of graces which I want to give to the soul. But souls do not even pay attention to Me, they leave Me to Myself and busy themselves with other things. Oh, how sad I am that souls do not recognise Love! They treat Me as a dead object

It pains Me very much when religious souls receive the Sacrament of love merely out of habit, as if they did not distinguish this food. I find neither faith nor love in their hearts. I go to such souls with great reluctance. It would be better if they did not receive Me.
To be continued

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Various News Outlets; Apologise To Tb Joshua For Misrepresenting / Legalizing Marijuana: What Would Jesus Do? / Do You Have To Be Brave To Be An Atheist Or Just Plain Crazy ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.