Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! (7028 Views)

OBJ & Buhari Pictured In 1978 Cutting The Tape At The Opening Of Warri Refinery / Live Announcement Of Presidential Result On The NTA / GEJ Wasn't Cursed But Blessed By Yoruba Obas (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by TRUTHTELA: 6:35am On Feb 08, 2012
A purported spokesman for Boko Haram said the people shown on the Nigeria Television Authority yesterday claiming to be sect members were impostors and their statements on dialogue were hollow.
NTA yesterday repeatedly showed two silhouetted men who claim to be from Boko Haram and listed certain people through whom they claimed the sect could be reached out to by government.

The men spoke in the English language, contrary to the common use of the Hausa language by people speaking for the sect all along.

A source in the NTA told Daily Trust in Abuja that the recording was dropped at the NTA office in Maiduguri, and that it was then sent to the headquarters in Abuja where the authorities decided to air it.

This way of sending out messages is also not in line with the usual Boko Haram style of holding teleconferences or posting videos of its leader Abubakar Shekau on video-sharing website YouTube.

A man claiming to be Boko Haram spokesman Abul Qaqa told newsmen in Maiduguri through a teleconference yesterday that the NTA clip was an attempt by security operatives to deceive the world.

“The men shown on the NTA are not representing the position of our group. The Federal Government and the security operatives must stop deceiving the world because we have never had members like the two young men,” he said in Hausa.

The two men in the NTA clip said the sect could be contacted for dialogue through Shettima Ali Monguno, Senator Bukar Abba Ibrahim, Aishatu Alkali Wakil and Alhaji Junaidu. There were no immediate comments from the people mentioned yesterday.

But Abul Qaqa said, “The claim that we have nominated some people to negotiate dialogue on our behalf is also an outright lie. We have not yet nominated anybody.

“Government has shown us that it can never be trusted… we would also never trust them again. We gave government a chance to prove itself on the issue of dialogue by allowing Abu Dardaa, our head of enlightenment department to come out for negotiations but he was trailed and arrested.

“Abu Dardaa had only used the name Abul-Qaqa in ‘representative capacity’ and we strongly believe that he will not give any vital information to the security agencies that will frustrate our insurgency.

“We have no doubt that Abu Dardaa will escape from the net where he is being held in custody by the State Security Service, just as one of our own, Kabiru Sokoto, was aided by God to escape from the hands of the police recently,” he said.

He also said they did not set ablaze the Gamboru Market in Maiduguri on Monday after multiple blasts that rocked the area. “The Joint Task Force (JTF) whom we targeted turned against the ordinary citizens,” he said.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=154211:boko-haram-disowns-clip-aired-on-nta&catid=1:news&Itemid=2
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by namfav(m): 7:02am On Feb 08, 2012
what a mess, nigeria is as confused as never before, all the weeks news down the drain cry
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by Nobody: 7:26am On Feb 08, 2012
never believe anything that comes from that cesspit called NTA.
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:06am On Feb 08, 2012
Nigeria and her citizen are confused
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by Demdem(m): 8:23am On Feb 08, 2012
NTA is doomed besides SSS hope u are not blind oooo

TRUTHTELA:

“We have no doubt that Abu Dardaa will escape from the net where he is being held in custody by the State Security Service, just as one of our own, Kabiru Sokoto, was aided by God to escape from the hands of the police recently,” he said.
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by Ngwakwe: 9:00am On Feb 08, 2012
Government cannot dialogue with any terrorist organisation that does not have political wing. You cannot talk with military wing of any terrorist organisation but only arrest them.

Boko Haram is a terrorist organisation with inconceivable ideology based on religion. They are not politically, socially or religiously oppressed set in any form considering their "stated" demand.
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 9:18am On Feb 08, 2012
May God help us in this country,
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 08, 2012
You all are missing the KEY point: THIS GOVT IS ALSO TERRORIZING HER CITIZENS TO GAIN SYMPATHY, DIVERT ATTENTION FROM ISSUES LIKE THE FUEL SUBSIDY REMOVAL INCIDENT, AND ACHIEVE SOME OF ITS OWN DASTARDLY AIMS.

Open your eyes!
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by Kcwarren: 9:36am On Feb 08, 2012
Hmmm
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by drstan(m): 9:48am On Feb 08, 2012
U guyz ar missing something out, that tape is from boko guyz, some of them are willing to expose the group bt cant come out straight, those name they mentioned. are some of those behind d scene,,
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by Ournaija: 9:51am On Feb 08, 2012
Most of `em are Boko men.
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by MrGlobe(m): 10:01am On Feb 08, 2012
If you believed the 'NTA' story, you have failed the IQ test
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by deathmen12: 10:12am On Feb 08, 2012
beginning owner done find trouble again, u see Our leaders.
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by Ninapha(f): 10:13am On Feb 08, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Now from the post, how is NTA supposed to know it was not sent from BK?  I really believe that tape is from Boko haram.  Thank God they agreed Daarda is there member now their argument is that he wont give out information. if he does not good, the fact remains he is in the net.  Yes Sokoto escaped and where are the men that helped him?  

Things are working against Boko Haram all we need is to encourage our security agencies and the government with information because most of them live amongst us and they are known to us.
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by mkmyers45(m): 10:15am On Feb 08, 2012
Ninapha:

Now from the post, how is NTA supposed to know it was not sent from BK?  I really believe that tape is from Boko haram.  Thank God they agreed Daarda is there member now their argument is that he wont give out information. if he does not good, the fact remains he is in the net.  Yes Sokoto escaped and where are the men that helped him?  

Things are working against Boko Haram all we need is to encourage our security agencies and the government with information because most of them live amongst us and they are known to us.

why dont you expose the ones you know? Who sent those tapes to NTA? are they anonymous or was it a propaganda?
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by aletheia(m): 10:17am On Feb 08, 2012
TRUTHTELA:

But Abul Qaqa said, “The claim that we have nominated some people to negotiate dialogue on our behalf is also an outright lie. We have not yet nominated anybody.
^The highlighted part of the statement is somewhat revealing.

TRUTHTELA:

“Abu Dardaa had only used the name Abul-Qaqa in ‘representative capacity’ and we strongly believe that he will not give any vital information to the security agencies that will frustrate our insurgency.
^I thought they said the arrested man wasn't Abul Qaqa?

It seems that BH is feeling the strain somewhat with their operations severely disrupted by the security agencies.
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by Andrew3(m): 10:21am On Feb 08, 2012
Mr. Globe:

I am a believer, I believe.
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by solihu(m): 10:23am On Feb 08, 2012
I had sensed a foul play by the security operatives about yestarday's publication. Lets assume that Abu Qaqa was truely the one being held by SSS, the statement credited to him implying that the security forces are competent and superb at foiling their anticipated hits, makes the whole story looks all "cooked"! If, I'm to be mild, again I'd say the it was "spiced", ponder about these: given the whole ineptitude displayed by the security operatives repeatedly and already their dented image, why won't a "spiced" up remark by Abu Qaqa be a "good" idea to improve their image?
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by ugosly(m): 10:49am On Feb 08, 2012
Igbo man and marketing,
Nwanne ndewo o!!
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by daroz(m): 10:50am On Feb 08, 2012
TRUTHTELA:

“Government has shown us that it can never be trusted… we would also never trust them again. We gave government a chance to prove itself on the issue of dialogue by allowing Abu Dardaa, our head of enlightenment department   to come out for negotiations but he was trailed and arrested.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=154211:boko-haram-disowns-clip-aired-on-nta&catid=1:news&Itemid=2

These boko guys are stupid liers. As at their last press release before Abul Qaqa or Dardaa was arrested, they specifically stated that they are not ready to dialogue with the goverment untill certain conditions are met. When then did they now decide to send their person? And if he was really sent as they are foolishly trying to making us believe, why was the the Government not informed, instead of him playing hide and seek, up to the extend of hiding under bed?
My conclusion is this, it is posible these Boko guys didnt send the tape, but I doubt it was staged by the Government. Infact of what use is it, when they know the boko haram will definately come to deny it and use it against them. Infact i feel this was actually staged by boko haram to discredit the Government, by creating distrust in the heart of the general public. These killers are not to be trusted. nairalanders, be wise
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by ugosly(m): 10:52am On Feb 08, 2012
.Igbo man, We are discussion Boko,d guy is talk business,hmm!
Nwanne does you,ndewo o!!
greyBERRY:

[b]Start Browsing from N1,000 with 3.5G HUAWEI Universal USB Internet Modem @N4,999 only

**7.2Mbps maximum downlink
**Works with MTN, Zain, Glo & Etisalat
**SMS Capable
**MicroSD Slot (Can be used as flash drive)
**Phonebook functionality
**Plug & Play
**Voice Calls Supported
**Compatible with Windows XP/2000/Vista/7 (32 & 64 bit)
**1yr Warranty
>>>Price: N4,999 (EX Lagos price, additional N500 will apply in other locations)

For Enquiries/purchase contact:
LAGOS - HEAD OFFICE
Chuks Electronics Nigeria
3 Ikosi Road(Ketu Bus Stop)
Ikosi - Ketu, Lagos
Phone: 0812-220-9680
email: akanawu@yahoo.com

LAGOS - YABA (Available on Appointment)
Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm
Phone: 0705-465-8207

ABUJA
Phone: 0815-403-1144

ONITSHA
Shop FF1/8, 1st Floor, CHIBROS Plaza
1 Bida Road, Main market,
ONITSHA
Phone: 0803-587-6491
[/b]
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by kunletech: 11:13am On Feb 08, 2012
Those midiators are among the boko haram sponsorers, the what to get their money back, that ws the reason they came out as a midiators. Goverment should arest them for interrogation.
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by egift(m): 11:13am On Feb 08, 2012
I just hope you guys do not develop short memories. On the same NTA 9PM News on 4TH October 2010, we were told that the following sms have been retrieve from Chief Dokpesi (then Media Manager of IBB campaign before the PDP primaries):

"Have you collected the balance from DOKPESI?"
"Na we do am. Meet me make I brief you"
"Let us meet at IBB Campaign Office"

Source: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-525246.0.html

Later Dokpesi was humiliated, MTN said it was a lie, Dokpesi later accepted to join and support Jonathan for President, all have been flushed down the drain.

Jonathan = NTA = PDP = The largest scam artists in the world.
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by egift(m): 11:18am On Feb 08, 2012
kunletech:

Those midiators are among the boko haram sponsorers, the what to get their money back, that ws the reason they came out as a midiators. Goverment should arest them for interrogation.

^^^ This what they hope to get. And you just fall for it. Our security agents are trying but due to the nature of the enemy, its difficult to win - but use lies on us means they think we are fools. We are not. They should their work and leave falsehood alone.
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by Emade(m): 11:27am On Feb 08, 2012
Nta hope u people are doing d right thing.GOD HELP DIS COUNTRY
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by patrick89(m): 11:40am On Feb 08, 2012
Why can't u guys attack the issue at hand,profer soln to it, rather dan attckin the media houz(NTA) for notin! I tire for una!
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by patrick89(m): 11:44am On Feb 08, 2012
My problem with some nlers is some can't afford to keep sentiment aside! Wen commentin on any issue!
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by jmaine: 11:50am On Feb 08, 2012
aletheia:

^The highlighted part of the statement is somewhat revealing.
^I thought they said the arrested man wasn't Abul Qaqa?

It seems that BH is feeling the strain somewhat with their operations severely disrupted by the security agencies.

Thank You bruv cos i was about pointing that out also . .they are clearly confused and lying . . . obviously currently strained as we speak, and it appears to them Abu Qaqa is an authentic sonorous bird that would leak their arssses out
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by Rapito5: 11:55am On Feb 08, 2012
Govement pls dont nagotiate with terroriest, look for a way of tackling this killers
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by Demdem(m): 11:56am On Feb 08, 2012
^^^^^^

Exactly, what ought to have been done to MEND then.
Re: Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! by Kabai: 12:02pm On Feb 08, 2012
This animals called Boko Haram are lies. They combine every tool and weapon of evil to operate. Believe me, 90% of what they say to the public through their media communication is a lie and strategy to distract. For instance, the day they tell us that their leader has travelled to Cameroun is most likely to be the day he is having meeting with IBB in his palace. So don't believe them. They are lying. But when anyone mentions their supporter or link any incidence with any politician, please believe. Believe it until the politician or leader comes out to disprove such allegations. They know what they are doing. Their operations are directed by the biggest evil genius in the country (IBB), and co. So they work with intelligence, and high intelligence at that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sowore 2019: Stop Voting For Ancestors Interested In Ruling Nigeria Forever. / Ayo Fayose Fights His Wife For Predicting His 2nd Impeachment / SIR EMEKA TO BECOME MINORITY LEADER OF THE LAGOS STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY?(PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.