Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,560 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Day Of The Lord - A Great Shaking - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Day Of The Lord - A Great Shaking (506 Views)

Who Would You Prefer As A Lord? A Resurrected Saviour Or A Psychotic Tyrant?! / A Vision For Nigeria From The Lord. A Must Read / Jesus Is Lord. A Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Day Of The Lord - A Great Shaking by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 08, 2012
Scripture:

And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low: and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day. And the idols he shall utterly abolish. And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terrible the earth.  In that day a man shall cast his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which they made each one for himself to worship, to the moles and to the bats; To go into the clefts of the rocks, and into the tops of the ragged rocks, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terrible the earth. (Isaiah 2:17-21)

Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger. (Isaiah 13:13)

For in my Jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel; So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground. (Ezekiel 38:19-20)

The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel. (Joel 3:16)

For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land. And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts. (Haggai 2:6-7)

(Jesus speaking) Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken. (Matthew 24:29)

(Jesus speaking) And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken. (Mark 13:25)

(Jesus speaking) Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things, which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. (Luke 21:26)

Hebrews 12:26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. (Hebrews 12:26)

A thread is found running all the way through the Bible pointing to a climatic time in history when human life and the earth as we know it will be changed. In the book of Zephaniah, verse 2:3, it is signified that some shall be hid from the negative portion of that time.  “Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD’s anger.” What does it take to be hid? Seek the LORD, His fairness, righteousness and humility.

Isaiah makes several references to that day. He states that there will be a great shaking in the land and some will be humbled. We find there are additional scriptures that make mention of this great shaking; some in reference to the shaking of the earth and others to the shaking of heaven. Jesus spoke of this great shaking when describing the end times. Whether this is a physical shaking or a great spiritual “shake up” or both is something to consider. One thing we do see is that there is going to be a shaking and we need to ask ourselves if we will be one that will be hid or humbled.

WHAT HAVE WE LEARNED?

The Bible speaks of a time to come when there will be a great shaking which will cause many to be humbled.

Our Father appreciates the fact that you are trying. May God’s blessing be upon this study of His word, Amen.

Source

(1) (Reply)

Life Is Essentially A Decision. / Is It Compulsory To Buy Gift For Worker's In Training Teacher Or Church? / Rejoice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.