Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,383 members, 7,829,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Jimmy Jat Now A Rapper? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Jimmy Jat Now A Rapper? (617 Views)

NEW MUSIC>DJ Jimmy Jat–i Am Legend Ft. Ruggedman, Eedris Abdulkareem M.I & Waje / Boogey Vs Erriga:who Is Better a rapper? / Jimmy Jat's Mixtape Revolution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jimmy Jat Now A Rapper? by victorazy(m): 6:36am On Feb 09, 2012
Witnesses tell this writer that for several nights now, Jimmy has been performing live, spontaneous rap at different high rated bars and nightclubs in Victoria Island and the Lekki environs.

Jimmy Jat

For this undisclosed number of nights, Jimmy has kept mouths and eyes popped open even as partying and dancing raged on the entire while; performing rap songs of some prominent artistes both from the local and international scene.

Unknown to many though, DJ Jimmy Jat actually started out his music career as a rap artist. He deviated to deejaying after failing to secure himself a contract with a music label.

It was the best decision he took with his career as he became phenomenon; a DJ king!

When he tried real time music production again, years later, his success shot to the roof. His first single ‘Stylee’ featuring Tu Face Idibia, Modenine and Elajoe was heavily successful, enjoying heavy airplay and the music video staying on the MTV Africa countdown for weeks while earning him a Channel O Africa Music Video Award, Hip hop World Award and SoundCity Music Video Awards amongst others.

In an interview he granted this reporter mid-last year, just before the Lagos edition of his Jimmy’s jump-off 2011, Jimmy Jatt had insisted he was sticking to his turn tables. He’d said “Yes I will be releasing more singles but I’ll be sticking to the background. I am a DJ and will always remain one. I don’t plan to singing anytime soon. The artistes I’ll feature in my albums will do all the singing for me”

If this latest development is anything to go by, then maybe Jimmy is finding the temptation to sing again too impossible to resist.

Should he take it seriously, do you think this will sail like his DJ personality?

(1) (Reply)

How Much Does It Cost To Ft 4reign Art / Video - Please Watch "Loving You" Live Performance By 2LP / {MUSIC} The Very First Nigerian Idol, @yekaonka Is Back With “ewa Ba Mi Jo”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.