Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako (11093 Views)

How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE / I Was Bribed N250M But Rejected: Those Who Collected It Are In Gov Today / Breaking News: Argentina Was Bribed To Lose Match - Saharareporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by Ddaji(m): 11:48am On Feb 09, 2012
One of the star witnesses in the murder case of Kudirat Abiola, Muhammad Abdul, also known as Katako, who during the trial testified against Major Hamza Al-Mustapha has yesterday said that he was bribed by the government to lie, and that Al-Mustapha is innocent.
Katako made the startling revelation in an interview with the Hausa service of Radio France International (RFI), monitored in Abuja.
“Yes, I lied. But later I reflected over my life and what I will meet in the hereafter. Whatever financial reward one gets here for giving false testimony, one will one day definitely die. So, I realized what I was doing was mortgaging my hereafter, and went back to the court and told them that I lied”, he said.
Asked why he gave the false testimony in the first instance, Katako said, “I was promised so many things. But let me clarify something first. When I was arrested my case had nothing to do with Major Al-Mustapha. I was arrested concerning the issue of Mohammed Sani Abacha. They told me they wanted to recover some money from him and they promised me 10 percent of whatever they will recover, plus a house at any place of my choice. After convicting him, they will also take me to any country of my choice.
“Then later, they brought Al-Mustapha’s case, read all the charges against him and told me what to say when I am taken to court. That was how I found myself among the witnesses introduced in court”, he said.
Among the people who lured him into the trap, according to him, were “Colonel Kayode Are (rtd), former Minister of Justice, Chief Bola Ige, former Lagos state Commissioner of Justice, Yomi Oshibanjo and his deputy, Fola Author-Worrey. We sat with these people several times. These are lawyers. I asked them if anything was going to affect me negatively; and they said no. They said I should not worry about any anything. They said these people are your lawyers; they will not lie to you. After all, this is a government case and you are a government witness.”
Katako said he now regrets his action, because as a Muslim he is supposed to be a good person, not the cause of someone’s pains or death.
“But even though I went back to the court earlier and said that I lied, still the court decided to discard my second testimony and based its judgment on the lies I told earlier. That’s why I now want everybody to know the real truth, through other means”, he said.
Asked if the lofty promises made to him were fulfilled, he said: “Only one promise was fulfilled. They bought me a house in Jos,” he said.
He however added that it was not because of the unfulfilled promises that he was spilling the beans, because even if the rest were fulfilled, he will not accept anything from them now.
“My conscience is pricking me; that’s because of my false testimony against an innocent person. That person is now facing death by hanging. If he is killed, his blood is in my hands; and no matter how long I live, one day I must die.
“So, I want the world to know that he is innocent” , Katako concluded

SOURCE:www.people-dailyonline.com
http://www.peoplesdaily-online.com/news/national-news/29723-i-was-bribed-to-nail-al-mustapha-says-katako
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by member479760: 12:59pm On Feb 09, 2012
comedy!
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 09, 2012
mugu
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by scopusng(m): 1:06pm On Feb 09, 2012
I wil be back.
loading . . . . . .
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by BOMANY: 1:08pm On Feb 09, 2012
He is confessing being a liar, why people should believe him now. Why we should not believe that he collected the mone to change his statement NOW
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by Ess: 1:09pm On Feb 09, 2012
Interesting, everyday is a new drama in Naija!
viva Almustapha ,
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by Arosa(m): 1:10pm On Feb 09, 2012
How many years in prison do you get in Nigeria for lying under oath?  angry
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by superfour(m): 1:14pm On Feb 09, 2012
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn what is now talking, that Kudiratu did not killed or what?
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 09, 2012
This Katako of a person sounds foolish why campaigning after election. He is trying to cover up truth with lies and he is hiding under religion to so. What I noticed since Al-Mustapha judgement is the northern elders are trying to rally round to save him. Who among them doesn't know that Al-Mustapha is the head of killer squad during Abacha days?
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by Emade(m): 1:15pm On Feb 09, 2012
He should die with him too.GOD HELP NIGERIA
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by chuks49(m): 1:16pm On Feb 09, 2012
Only God knows how mush you where paid to retract your initial testimony to save mustapha's as$.

You and your cronies should accept the reality of mustapha not walking freely in the streets of Naija.
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by Baawaa(m): 1:17pm On Feb 09, 2012
They have bribed him again to come and lie that he lied beforegrin grin grin
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by nagoma(m): 1:18pm On Feb 09, 2012
The public lynching of almustapha was apparently planned long ago. The kangaroo court in lagos is just a white wash.
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by Nobody: 1:18pm On Feb 09, 2012
I don't believe him. He has been paid to say this.
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by stynoski: 1:19pm On Feb 09, 2012
This is just one out of the many people that testified, let the others follow suit, then, maybe, just maybe I will believe this, How are we sure you have not been bribed to come out and say this now, since you are prone to being bribed,
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by nagoma(m): 1:19pm On Feb 09, 2012
The public lynching of almustapha was apparently planned long ago. The kangaroo court in lagos is just a white wash.
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 09, 2012
That is why I prefer mob action or other forms of instant judgement for evil people.If mustapha is innocent,one whose authority was sergeant Rogers carrying out the assassinations ?  Please dont tell me Abacha did o.
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 09, 2012
If Mustapha didn't kill her, Who did it then? The guy looks like he killed her anyway, So what da hell are you talking about,
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by kooto(m): 1:22pm On Feb 09, 2012
What he is saying will not hold water. if mustapha is innocent then who is doing the assassinations for abacha?
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by waxrider: 1:25pm On Feb 09, 2012
Why Bola Ige ? Why all Yorubas ?

The same explained what mustapha said about a fake video of yoruba leaders collecting bribes.

These hausa he-goats. They are just desperate in everything. Mcheeeeeeeeeeew.
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by Ndkings1(m): 1:25pm On Feb 09, 2012
Dis man should be arested jor.
Didn't he take take an oath in the court.
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by humblebee: 1:27pm On Feb 09, 2012
im sure when he's told the implications of leing in the court of law, he'll come back and say he was under the influence of weed again, u can join him or die for him if you wish, idiot
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 09, 2012
comedy wink
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by waxrider: 1:28pm On Feb 09, 2012
What he is saying will not hold water. if mustapha is innocent then who is doing the assassinations for abacha?

Then mustapha should tell us so we can arrest him and free him.

Afterall he is the chief secutrity officer.
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 09, 2012
waxrider:

Why Bola Ige ? Why all Yorubas ?

The same explained what mustapha said about a fake video of yoruba leaders collecting bribes.

These hausa he-goats. They are just desperate in everything. Mcheeeeeeeeeeew.

Politically,Yorubas were able to put pressure on the military during those black years,so you should expect them to be the victims of those dictators.Ask babangida to tell you the pressure of the period of 'lbb must go'' which eventually led to his departure from office .
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by hannahmay(f): 1:31pm On Feb 09, 2012
Brb.
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by solihu(m): 1:31pm On Feb 09, 2012
grin grin There's never a dull moment in Naija. Let us wait and see, as events unfold grin
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by highland(m): 1:35pm On Feb 09, 2012
He needs to be re-exmined for hypocrisy.
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 09, 2012
This is what is obtainable where ever you don't have a National Ideal.
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by adedayo07: 1:45pm On Feb 09, 2012
The game is on. Nemesis is catching them all.
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by Vuf: 1:47pm On Feb 09, 2012
Animal u deserve to die like gadaffi ewu, Go and tell this to ur grand children not great nigerians like us.
Re: I Was Bribed To Nail Al-mustapha,says Katako by Baawaa(m): 1:48pm On Feb 09, 2012

Ohh u ar d 1 cryin in d court wen d judge said almustapha ur uncle should be hang !!Learn to do good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

House of Reps Backs State Police In 36 States / FG In Secret Talks With N’delta Militants Despite Failure To Name it Negotiators / President Buhari Departs Abuja For Maiduguri, To Attend APC Presidential Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.