Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Stanbic Guy Begs Me To Tell A Lie To Save His Job: Should I? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Stanbic Guy Begs Me To Tell A Lie To Save His Job: Should I? (1486 Views)

…. / Stanbic Ibtc Bank Arm Twisted Ibikunle Amosun Over N300m Debt. / My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stanbic Guy Begs Me To Tell A Lie To Save His Job: Should I? by helpee(m): 9:52pm On Feb 09, 2012
I operate an E susu account with stanbic IBTC. It is a daily savings account and the agents come around to collect it daily. I was faithfully saving for 3mnths without making any withdrawal. I later went into the bank to demand for my statement of account but I was told I had no statement that they only know the total amount I av saved and that if I nid my statement I should use the handwritten passbook as my statement. I told them nobody would accept that from me and that it was improper for me to save over a million with them without proper statement. That was when this guy who happened to be the operations manager shouted me down that as long as my money is complete I had no right to complain. The other staff were telling him that I am a regular customer but he didn't bother. He later called a police officer to come and walk me out but other customers intervened. I went straight to my lawyer and we called the customer complaint threatening fire and brimstone. Promptly they apologised and asked for scanned copy of my passbook which they used to provide me my statement from the headquarters. They gave the guy query and made him face a disciplinary panel cos as at the time he used police to walk me out, I had more than a million in that account. This guy called me yesterday saying unless I intervene he will be sacked. He is asking me to tell them at the headquarters that I was angry from home before and that I transferred the aggression on him before he reacted that way. He actually begged me and was almost weeping on phone. Should I help this guy by lying against myself?
Re: Stanbic Guy Begs Me To Tell A Lie To Save His Job: Should I? by sexy74(m): 10:12pm On Feb 09, 2012
he did not know that he would be sacked before he treated you the way he did?
for e treat him the way you feel too.
Re: Stanbic Guy Begs Me To Tell A Lie To Save His Job: Should I? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 09, 2012
I believe everyone should be accountable for his actions. For me I will say the thing exactly the way it happened. Walking you out of the door is crazy and also telling you the lie to say is worst.

In all, it depends on you though.
Re: Stanbic Guy Begs Me To Tell A Lie To Save His Job: Should I? by murphy387(m): 8:14am On Feb 10, 2012
hello,
what the guy did is totally wrong, but i think you can as well help him concerning his job but defintely not by lieing anyway,
but i still think there should be another way out, wisdom they say is profitable to direct!
Re: Stanbic Guy Begs Me To Tell A Lie To Save His Job: Should I? by keni: 10:48am On Feb 10, 2012
Something is not right, with the way bankers treat their customers as if the are gods, someone walks you (a bonafide customer of the branch) out? I think he is caused from his village, What type of training did he have? He should not be scared, he will get another Job in Intercontinental bank angry
Re: Stanbic Guy Begs Me To Tell A Lie To Save His Job: Should I? by GWslim(f): 12:02pm On Feb 10, 2012
Vikin:

I believe everyone should be accountable for his actions. For me I will say the thing exactly the way it happened. Walking you out of the door is crazy and also telling you the lie to say is worst.

In all, it depends on you though.

Agreed. The guy will never support you if you are the one on the other side. in fact, he will put you down completely to save is job so go and say what you know. ok
Re: Stanbic Guy Begs Me To Tell A Lie To Save His Job: Should I? by Vergil: 2:36pm On Feb 10, 2012
Gotta luv naiga pple for something. Maybcos we all are too religious n all (which is not a bad thing) or superstitious, don't know. The guy asked a simple question : what should I do. And some of you are replying "u don't know". Sitting on d damn fence. Scared incase it happens to u lot, karma is a b*#@ch eh? Typical!

OP, bruv, this guy has to learn. In the spirit of religion and forgiveness n all, tell him. "I forgive you. But m8, can't lie". Heck, tell him its a lesson for him (optional). If he tries swear on ur Bottom, know full well, u have forgiven him and dat poo aint gonna affect you.
  Action and reaction m8.

To all you bank staffs out there, no big boy/girl o! Smile to all ur customers even if u have a bad day. Its what u been paid to do.
Re: Stanbic Guy Begs Me To Tell A Lie To Save His Job: Should I? by kunlej2: 4:05pm On Feb 11, 2012
pardon him, you might just need his help some day
remember this, he will feel indebted to you and you can use him thereafter.
always forgive, it does not cost any thing and people forgiven always feel indebted.
try it out
Re: Stanbic Guy Begs Me To Tell A Lie To Save His Job: Should I? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 11, 2012
Give him a chance to express his remorse publicly like in the banking hall then pardon him. Nigeria hard now bro and jobs are scarce.
Re: Stanbic Guy Begs Me To Tell A Lie To Save His Job: Should I? by member67023: 7:39pm On Feb 11, 2012
Next time he calls, record the conversation and prepare to use it as evidence.
As the guy is desperate, your life may be in danger
Re: Stanbic Guy Begs Me To Tell A Lie To Save His Job: Should I? by efisher(m): 2:49am On Feb 12, 2012
OP, you have already posted the story on a public forum and anybody could be reading this including a member of the panel making decisions on this case! The story is too unique to be mistaken.

That said, my advice is that you just tell the truth. Remember there were other witnesses there too and whether or not you were angry is not the issue. It is the way he handled a customer that matters. The only thing you can do for him is to help him plead for leniency. Things like this when they go unchecked are responsible for the rot we see today in our systems. If you lie, you may save his job but end up causing more harm to the profession and possibly your reputation. Besides, what guarantee is there that your false testimony will eventually save him?
Re: Stanbic Guy Begs Me To Tell A Lie To Save His Job: Should I? by knowledge4(m): 12:35pm On Feb 14, 2012
How can you tell a lie against yourself to protect another?
If you do that,you will be contradicting yourself,having reported to a lawyer who took up your complaint against the bank
The Bank will blast your lawyer and that means that u have embarrassed your lawyer and yourself before the bank and the public.
Tell the manager that it is against your conscience and beliefs to lie and that he should rather pray to God to save his job for him.
You do not know what the manager has written in his defense, in his reply to the query. He now wants you to implicate yourself to strengthen his own defense. He may have denied that the matter took place, that something else happened and you went to report an entirely different issue to a lawyer.
Since your lawyer is involved already, do not take any further step without seeking your lawyer's counsel.
Your life is not at stake and not in any danger. No body can take your life. Have no fear and do not be intimidated to do evil.Have the trust and faith that God will secure and protect you for telling the truth.
Re: Stanbic Guy Begs Me To Tell A Lie To Save His Job: Should I? by xJaysonx(m): 1:50pm On Feb 14, 2012
You can end the case since you started it. . .pardon him but not through lieing, he will be your best friend from that bank.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It Only 22yr Olds Or Younger That Makes "COOL" Money Online? / Become A Recharge Card Dealer Today! / 4 Years & N15 Million After-this Business Works!!! Any Other Testomonies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.