Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,539 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Professional Models Pls Answer This Question - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Professional Models Pls Answer This Question (1061 Views)

BBW (BIG BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL) Models Needed In Lagos. / Chinese Grandfather Models Teen Girls' Clothing / Hottest Nigerian Male Models Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Professional Models Pls Answer This Question by jaybanks(m): 3:10pm On Oct 18, 2007
i'm new in the industry, 3 months old and no job yet and i was wondering if i could get jobs on my own and how? those models who have been in the industry for some time pls let me know how.thanx
Re: Professional Models Pls Answer This Question by cynthiaozo: 3:25pm On Oct 18, 2007
i have been in the industry for like 3years now and sincerely the beginning was not easy as you'll have to open ur eyes very well or else u'll fall into the hands of fake agencies but i thank God today, I've had the opportunity to participate in so many fashion show and bigger jobs are on the way, modeling is serious business so u have to love it to the born and be focused and mix with the right people, and by the way there is an advert for models u can call them and to find whatever u want to know

Want to be a Model or need a platform to take you to the next level?

Image Konsult will be having an Audition for Aspiring Models (Male & Female) on 3rd November 2007 at De Event Place, Planet One Entertainment, Maryland Lagos, for more details call 01-7635125, 07035352524
Re: Professional Models Pls Answer This Question by jaybanks(m): 3:32pm On Oct 18, 2007
i'm already signed to an agency but my agency hasn't put me in any of the fashion shows going on yet cos i'm told they don't pay well in those shows that's why i was thinking of gettin to participate by myself and pay them their percentage when i'm done probably i should be more patient.
Re: Professional Models Pls Answer This Question by cynthiaozo: 3:54pm On Oct 18, 2007
sincerely if u are with an agency and they tell u the pay is not good enough for u and u r just 3months old in the industry then am sorry to say this the agency doesnt know what they are doing, i did my first job for free, its not all about money u need experience and exposure so u are waiting for a big job when u dont have experience, please try and get to work on urself, attend shows and audition to expose urself and most importanly experience, call image konsult and get registered for their audition cos it would do u alot of good.
Re: Professional Models Pls Answer This Question by jaybanks(m): 4:30pm On Oct 18, 2007
honestly i don't care about the pay.i was just sayin wat i was told by my agent.he says i should be patient.that if the pay's not high, his percentage will be real low and that's he can't stress himself for peanuts.says he's tryna get me on some big fashion shows.i'm getting disillusioned about this whole thing.and by the way won't i be breaching my contract if i attend the image konsult stuff?
Re: Professional Models Pls Answer This Question by cynthiaozo: 4:08pm On Oct 19, 2007
all i'll advice u is not to wait for ur agent, u have to go out on ur own, see things know the industry better and in every contract their is always room for a model to cancel the contract so in the process of meeting people and getting to know more about modeling u can be lucky and get a big deal on ur own and all u need to do is talk to ur agent maturedly and u both can cancel the contract, am telling u from experience but the final decision is urs, u r a guy dont sit back and let things pass u by.

take care
Re: Professional Models Pls Answer This Question by knzguru(m): 4:32am On Oct 22, 2007
Interested in getting a free photo shoot?

Naija photographer CHAZ is updating his 2007 portfolio and is recruiting models for his shoot. In return they get to have some of their pictures for their own portfolio. Professionals only please.

check out www.chiemela.shutterchance.com
Re: Professional Models Pls Answer This Question by jaybanks(m): 4:54pm On Oct 23, 2007
Interested in getting a free photo shoot?

Naija photographer CHAZ is updating his 2007 portfolio and is recruiting models for his shoot. In return they get to have some of their pictures for their own portfolio. Professionals only please.

check out www.chiemela.shutterchance.com

tell me more about this pls
Re: Professional Models Pls Answer This Question by knzguru(m): 3:43am On Oct 26, 2007
@ jaybanks
go to his site and get his contact details. He's a cool chap so u've got noting to worry about.

p.s. if u really want to get on his good side post a nice comment, then tell him ur interested in a shoot.

cheers
Re: Professional Models Pls Answer This Question by jaybanks(m): 6:07pm On Oct 28, 2007
lol
thanx man

(1) (Reply)

Wedding Tips / Best Of Nigeria Expo At Excel Dockland London On 24-25th October 2008 / How Can I Start My Own Fashion Label.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.