Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Who Is An Atheist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is An Atheist? (974 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is An Atheist? by furlee(m): 4:05pm On Oct 18, 2007
I AM A FREETHINKER OR AN ATHEIST.

1. An atheist has no explanation for his existence.

1. NO EXPLANATION FOR CREATION: All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. -Jn 1:3

The Universe is a vacuum. Where then did matter and energy come from? Where did the earth, sun, moon and the constellations of stars come from? Other than God Himself, something cannot come out of nothing. Every effect must have a cause. The energy in the Universe is the effect. What causes it? The Scriptures rightly show the foolishness and inconsistency of man - "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God, " ( Psa 14:1 )

It isn't rational to argue that the world which is based on cause and effect is itself uncaused. - Michael Green

2. NO EXPLANATION FOR INTELLIGENCE: For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse. - Rom 1:20

An atheist cannot accept the fact that a car can exist without a maker or a house without a builder. But, at the same time, he can accept the myriad of living things which are millions of times more complex than cars or houses without a Maker or Designer. Where is the logic?

3. NO EXPLANATION FOR THE PURPOSE OF LIFE: Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity. What profit hath a man of all his labour which he taketh under the sun? - Eccl 1:2-3

Why are we here? Where are we going? What is the purpose of life? An atheist has many questions but no answers.

An atheist is someone who is all dressed up but has no where to go.

2. An atheist has no excuse in life.

1. NO EXCUSE FOR NOT KNOWING HIS GOD: Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse. - Rom 1:19-20

2. NO EXCUSE FOR NOT KNOWING HIS SINS: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. - Rom 3:23 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. -1 Jn 1:10

3. NO EXCUSE FOR NOT KNOWING HIS JUDGMENT: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. - Rom 1:32

3. An atheist has no escape in death.

1. THE SURETY OF JUDGMENT: And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment. - Heb 9:27

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened, and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. - Rev 20:12

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption, - Gal 6:7-8

2. THE SEVERITY OF JUDGMENT: And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. - Rev 20:15

, the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. - Lk 16:22-24

3. When we travel to a foreign land, we will be judged by the laws of that land no matter how severe they may be. We cannot demand that we be judged and punished accordingly to our expectations and thinking. Similarly, when we die and meet God, we will be judged by His high and holy standards, and not by our standards, or rather "substandards".

We are so subnormal that when we try to be normal others will think that we are abnormal.

(source - http://www.chick.com/reading/books/253/0253_24.asp)
Re: Who Is An Atheist? by KAG: 5:30pm On Oct 18, 2007
furlee:

I AM A FREETHINKER OR AN ATHEIST.

1. An atheist has no explanation for his existence.

Birth.

1. NO EXPLANATION FOR CREATION: All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. -Jn 1:3

The Universe is a vacuum. Where then did matter and energy come from? Where did the earth, sun, moon and the constellations of stars come from?

Energy - whatever that means - predates the Universe. It didn't come from anywhere. Matter most likely arose though different energy processes that I know you don't care to know. The Earth, Sun, Moon, galaxies and other space bodies arose through various processes and at different point in the history of the Universe. Suffice to say, though, that no grand, living, creator was needed for them; just natural processes (a lot of chemistry, in fact).

Other than God Himself, something cannot come out of nothing.

Begging the question. So, tell me, why have you arbitrarily exempted God?

Every effect must have a cause.

Why?

The energy in the Universe is the effect. What causes it?

How have you determined that the energy in the Universe is "the [or an] effect"? Why does it need a cause?

The Scriptures rightly show the foolishness and inconsistency of man - "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God, " ( Psa 14:1 )

While the rest of us acknowledge Ceiling cat. Taht iz troothiness. Desu.

It isn't rational to argue that the world which is based on cause and effect is itself uncaused. - Michael Green

No one has said the world was uncaused.

2. NO EXPLANATION FOR INTELLIGENCE: For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse. - Rom 1:20

No need for snippets fromthe Bible, intelligence is a product of the brain.

An atheist cannot accept the fact that a car can exist without a maker or a house without a builder. But, at the same time, he can accept the myriad of living things which are millions of times more complex than cars or houses without a Maker or Designer. Where is the logic?

If only you knew where the logic is undecided. We are able to observe humans creating the things you've mentioned. We haven't obsereved any designer (short of tinkering humans) creating or helping with any living things. Heck, we haven't even been able to find any tangible evidence for the existence of the invisible, untestable, unfalsifiabl, paradoxical, designer.

3. NO EXPLANATION FOR THE PURPOSE OF LIFE: Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity. What profit hath a man of all his labour which he taketh under the sun? - Eccl 1:2-3

Solomon, the ever quotable nihilist wink

Why are we here? Where are we going? What is the purpose of life? An atheist has many questions but no answers.

We are here because we are. Where are we going? Anywhere and nowhere. Thepurpose of life is life (or LIFE as the case may be).

An atheist is someone who is all dressed up but has no where to go.

Bowlimg.

[snip]

(source - http://www.chick.com/reading/books/253/0253_24.asp)

Chick, only marginally more intelligent that WOTM.
Re: Who Is An Atheist? by champwalex: 11:16am On Oct 20, 2007
an atheist is one who does not believe in the existence of God.
i will like to tell any atheist that for them to talk about God it only means their is a God someone where.

(1) (Reply)

God's Judgement "unfair" Or "just"? / Its For You / When I Die, Do Not Spend Money For My Burial" - Patstor Ighodalo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.