Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,543 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Questions - Due To Muhammad Tweets - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Questions - Due To Muhammad Tweets (1862 Views)

Nestor:the Christian Monk In Syria Who Bore Witness To Muhammad / Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). / Babs787, Where Did Allah Ever Refer To Muhammad As "the Spirit"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Questions - Due To Muhammad Tweets by deols(f): 8:55pm On Feb 14, 2012
samstradam:

I think I should come clean on what made me really interested in this topic besides the avenue to learn more about Islamic religion and culture. I indulge in a bit of poetry, and I must admit I find the tweets deeply poetic. Honestly without the poetry in the tweets I would have not started the topic. Now I am not a muslim nor do I read Arabic (another reason why I posted the original tweets in Arabic), so I must say it is the translation of the tweets in English that has caught my attention. Maybe it's the ignorance of looking at the tweets with my African Westernised eyes or my little undertsanding of Islam, but  I detect no offence or insult.

Looking at the first tweet I see nothing that seems negative until the writer complains about the "halos of divinity surrounding the Prophet", and accorrding to Tbaba, there seems to be nothing wrong with him casting that aspersion. He then follows it up with what could be seeen as the most negative statement in that tweet "I will not pray for you"- negative it seems but it seems to flow naturally from the previous line. And by the way do muslims pray for the prophet, I mean akin to the way some Catholics still pray for their dead?

The second tweet's negativity seems to occur at the end, but looking at it as a lover of poetry, the meaning a lot of people are going to get from it is not what I take from it. What I take from it is the "hate" he seems to infer is a direct consequence of him seeing the Prophet everywhere he turns, thus kind of saying he loves, hates and does not undertsand what he sees wherever he turns i.e. the Malud celebration going on that day. If that tweet is read line for line or phrase for phrase, then I can see the possible offence but not if read as a whole which is surely what a writer would intend.

Finally the last tweet's main theme seems to suggest an equal and fraternal love, something all the tweets have been building up to. I'm guessing the issue here would be how appropriate the inference of this is. That I leave for Muslims to discuss.

It's not new that people of the arts find Islam quite attractive. Especially if you are from this part of the world where Islamic writers and poets helped keep our culture  alive and written down in such a beautiful way for generations (Liyongo anyone).  It;s just amazing how different the Islam of then seems to be than that of now, especially when pertaning to the arts.

If this kid had written his tweets in prose or so I might understand the uproar, but in the way it's presented to me at the moment, especially he being a Muslim and a Saudi, I'm struggling to understand this response from the cradle.

Arabic is a beautiful language. At the time the Qur'an was revealed, the arabs were at the height of their civilisation. The Qur'an challenged them to bring something like it if they were in doubt it was from God. they couldnt. As beautiful as the language is on its own, as literary gifted as the arab pagans were, they still couldnt bring forth anything like the Qur'an. read more here- https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-855448.0.html
Re: Questions - Due To Muhammad Tweets by tiarabubu: 9:15pm On Feb 15, 2012
deols:

Arabic is a beautiful language. At the time the Qur'an was revealed, the arabs were at the height of their civilisation. The Qur'an challenged them to bring something like it if they were in doubt it was from God. they couldnt. As beautiful as the language is on its own, as literary gifted as the arab pagans were, they still couldnt bring forth anything like the Qur'an. read more here-  https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-855448.0.html

Girlfriend, read your history books well oh. Prophet Muhammed was about to bring fundamental changes to Arabia at the time and so the Arab could not have been at the height of their civilisation. indeed from fractured warring tribal groupings, the Prophet brought semblance of authority and purpose (Islam) to the region.

If the Arabs were at the height of their civilisation when the Quran was revealed, are you saying their civilisation went down hill after they accepted Islam?  undecided
Re: Questions - Due To Muhammad Tweets by Sweetnecta: 9:58pm On Feb 15, 2012
^^^^^ Tiarabubu Europe, rather is at the height of her civilization at the present, conquering lands and space. I remember former President Clinton talking about Russia. That if Russia ever try to bomb America, America will bomb Russia to a rubble. I believe it because America will kill her to the point that she will almost become dead. I do not want to say "death" because that will be almost exaggeration.

In all of her height of civilization, considering that they say this is the american millennium, to the muslims, by and large she does not have God, which is the greatest possession to have.

Now using this above to understand what deols said, Arabs, indeed Makka being the center of her civilization because of the Kaaba, poetry [in command of language in such an imaginative manner] which they have greater than anyone, the language of and speech in Quran surpasses the Arabic language.

All the poet who pride themselves as the best; claiming that when they are reciting their poetry, dead wakes up, deaf regains hearing, blind regains sight, dumb regains speech just to witness their poetry performances and return to their former states after it. None of these great "poets" can correct what came to Muhammad [as] but declared it much superior to what came from their mouth.

It was Quran that made the Arabs higher than their highest high at the height of their civilization before Islam; The have God the Author of the Best Culture; Islam.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Mohamed Really The Last Prophet / Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity / Another Hoax!!! The Man Too Handsome For Saudi Arabia Who Wasn’t

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.