Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:58 AM

Deadly Messages To Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deadly Messages To Christians (706 Views)

Shocking Messages To Pastors From Those Who Saw Heaven/hell And Came Back / Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship / Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deadly Messages To Christians by paulipopo(m): 9:42pm On Feb 11, 2012
A christian has no business with poverty and sickness - Part 1.

This line bolded above is a lie which forms the basis of many messages among modern day prosperity preachers. It is dangerous to believe this message because it creates many traps that ignorant christians will fall into.

Many false pastors preach this message to catch gullible people and christians with a faulty faith. Truth is we are mortals and only immortals are incapable of falling sick. Poverty is not a spiritual problem rather it is social else we might then conclude that all poor people are cursed. Common sense teaches us that hard work and industry will overcome poverty whereas laziness and idleness leads to poverty. Poor hygiene and genetic disorders cause diseases so stop putting God to the test by refusing treatment all in the name of being cured - I have not said miracles don't happen.

If Christians have no business with poverty and sickness what about unbelievers who are rich and healthy? Did God permit them against the wish of other christians who fall sick often or are poor?

Let's discuss more on this topic
Re: Deadly Messages To Christians by Lasinoh: 2:18am On Feb 12, 2012
The wealth of a so-called Christian is in the afterlife.
But they have refused to die and go to claim it.
All the pray against is 'UNTIMELY DEATH'!

Mu he he he he he he

See wahala o! grin

Funny things!
Re: Deadly Messages To Christians by Joagbaje(m): 6:02am On Feb 12, 2012
paulipopo:

A christian has no business with poverty and sickness - Part 1.

This line bolded above is a lie which forms the basis of many messages among modern day prosperity preachers. It is dangerous to believe this message because it creates many traps that ignorant christians will fall into.

Many false pastors preach this message to catch gullible people and christians with a faulty faith. Truth is we are mortals and only immortals are incapable of falling sick. Poverty is not a spiritual problem rather it is social else we might then conclude that all poor people are cursed. Common sense teaches us that hard work and industry will overcome poverty whereas laziness and idleness leads to poverty. Poor hygiene and genetic disorders cause diseases so stop putting God to the test by refusing treatment all in the name of being cured - I have not said miracles don't happen.

If Christians have no business with poverty and sickness what about unbelievers who are rich and healthy? Did God permit them against the wish of other christians who fall sick often or are poor?

Let's discuss more on this topic

Jesus died to give us dominion over sin sickness ,poverty . So what did your own Jesus die for.

So what do you understand by.

Luke 4:18-19
18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

[color=#990000]1 Peter 2:24
24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
[/color]
Re: Deadly Messages To Christians by paulipopo(m): 12:53pm On Feb 12, 2012
Joagbaje:

Jesus died to give us dominion over sin sickness ,poverty  . So what did your own Jesus die for.

So what do you understand by.

Luke 4:18-19
18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Stop quoting scripture out of context to preach the gospel to the poor does it mean he wasn't going to preach to the rich as well? Obviously the poor are those who are "poor in spirit" not in material terms. The verse 18 you quoted also has brokenhearted, those in captivity and those that are blind meaning that His message was good news not financial lessons on how to become rich or lies that they will never fall into sickness. Why didn't he specifically mention these things if that was what he came for, because he came to preach good news about the Kingdom of God that is why.

Joagbaje:
1 Peter 2:24
24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.[/color]

This verse is completely taking out of context how does it explain your point?

(1) (Reply)

God Has Only 1 Spirit Not 2 / Future Not Looking To Too Bright For China Because Of Their 'assoc' With America / Women Must Learn To See Past A Mans Pockets To See His Heart!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.