Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Whitney Houston Is Dead - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Whitney Houston Is Dead (840 Views)

Breaking News: Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown Is Dead / Whitney Houston Murdered By Drug Dealers Over $1.5m Debt / Whitney Houston Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whitney Houston Is Dead by phraoh(m): 2:22am On Feb 12, 2012
US singer Whitney Houston dies aged 48

American singer and actress Whitney Houston has died at the age of 48, her publicist Kristen Foster has said.

The cause and the location of her death were unclear, Ms Foster told the Associated Press news agency.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-17001548
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead by toyemz(f): 2:28am On Feb 12, 2012
confirmed

I am devastated

RIP
for sure your music will live on
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead by phraoh(m): 2:33am On Feb 12, 2012
toyemz:

confirmed

I am devastated

RIP
for sure your music will live on

Its so unfortunate and dont feel good now.Her life lately has not been going welll though,no thanks to bad acquintance who introduced her to drugs.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead by toyemz(f): 2:39am On Feb 12, 2012
wow
news too

i thot she was clean and off drugs hence her come back on the music scene?

i wonder how she died

she was just one of my favorites

i am numb
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead by SAFO(m): 2:39am On Feb 12, 2012
Yeah I'm shocked. I posted this in the music section

Here's the msnbc link

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46355482/ns/today-entertainment/t/singing-superstar-whitney-houston-dies/
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead by InkedNerd(f): 2:43am On Feb 12, 2012
phraoh:

Its so unfortunate and  dont feel good now.Her life lately has not been going welll though,no thanks to bad acquintance who introduced her to drugs.

No offense to Ms. Houston. . . I truly did love her [as a singer] and her music but you can't blame others for her drug use. We all make decisions and sadly using drugs was something she chose to do. She will forever be one of my favorite singer regardless of her past.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead by phraoh(m): 2:47am On Feb 12, 2012
toyemz:

wow
news too

i  thot she was clean and off drugs hence her come back on the music scene?

i wonder how she died

she was just one of my favorites

i am numb

I just think that the ones she did never left her and it took a lot from her both financially and emotionally.We must say no drugs all time,like seriously.I wont be surprise,if it was suicide.I mean,d comeback was not even working so well.

She just lost it.Such a talent.

Inked_Nerd:

No offense to Ms. Houston. . . I truly did love her [as a singer] and her music but you can't blame others for her drug use. We all make decisions and sadly using drugs was something she chose to do. She will forever be one of my favorite singer regardless of her past.

Yeah,yu are right buh i just need to blame somebody for her death.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead by InkedNerd(f): 2:50am On Feb 12, 2012
phraoh:
Yeah,yu are right buh i just need to blame somebody for her death.

The only one who can be blamed is her. I feel bad for her kids though. I can only imagine what its like to lose a parent undecided
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead by phraoh(m): 2:55am On Feb 12, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

The only one who can be blamed is her. I feel bad for her kids though. I can only imagine what its like to lose a parent undecided

Yeah,our prayers should go to them cos truthfully,i dont know how her other half (Bobbee) is faring.The originator, i know,yu said we should blame Whitney for her deviations,buh i still have this urge to wriggle his neck.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead by toyemz(f): 2:57am On Feb 12, 2012
i understand where you 're coming from though
she took the one step  into drugs and couldn't turn back
such a strong woman
but when it came to love and drugs she was just too vulnerable and too weak

i doff my hat to her family,who never let her go and were bent on pulling her back from that hell

still i believe that everyone should be given a second chance
strange some never do

@OP
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead by toyemz(f): 2:58am On Feb 12, 2012
@op

Yeah,our prayers should go to them cos truthfully,i dont know how her other half (Bobbee) is faring.The originator, i know,yu said we should blame Whitney for her deviations,buh i still have this urge to wriggle his neck

so do I so do I!
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead by InkedNerd(f): 3:00am On Feb 12, 2012
phraoh:

Yeah,our prayers should go to them cos truthfully,i dont know how her other half (Bobbee) is faring.The originator, i know,yu said we should blame Whitney for her deviations,buh i still have this urge to wriggle his neck.

I understand what you mean. By the way, I hope you realize her and Bobby Brown have been divorced since 2006.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead by doeeyed: 3:03am On Feb 12, 2012
What a voice n  such huge talent.

RIP Ms Houston

May God continue to comfort her family, Amen
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead by phraoh(m): 3:05am On Feb 12, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

I understand what you mean. By the way, I hope you realize her and Bobby Brown have been divorced since 2006.

Yeah, i know buh,it still dont matter,he sowed d seed.Like Toyemz said,she was just too vurnerable to love.

We lost a gem.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead by InkedNerd(f): 3:11am On Feb 12, 2012
phraoh:

Yeah, i know buh,it still dont matter,he sowed d seed.Like Toyemz said,she was just too vurnerable to love.

We lost a gem.

In as much as I'm saddened by her death, I'm sorry but I can't say that I blame him for her actions. I truly wish she had made a major comeback. I've been sitting and waiting patiently for her comeback album but I know now I'll never see it.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead by toyemz(f): 3:19am On Feb 12, 2012
^^^
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead by toyemz(f): 3:38am On Feb 12, 2012
^^^
sorry i understand that every adult is responsible for his or own action
but in a situation where you have a controlling partner who abuses the vulnerability and trust put in him
then yes i hold him accountable
Bobby Brown was the original badboy who not only introduced her to the drugs but kept her on them so that he could use her money to feed his own habit, that is selfishness and that was the downward spiral clincher for Whitney
but for the faith and perseverance of her family she would have been dead long ago
she was an adult yes, but the one person who should have lifted her up,kept pushing her further and further down
That alone is the sin
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead by Nobody: 4:15am On Feb 12, 2012
Please join the page on facebook and share "In Loving Memory of Whitney Houston"
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead by MrsChima1(f): 4:16am On Feb 12, 2012
[size=44pt]Noooooooo. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry[/size]

(taking off clothes and running outside shouting Nooooooooo)
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead by Roland17(m): 4:21am On Feb 12, 2012
Tales of my journey in the world of love and romance would be incomplete without Whitney Houston's classics, RIP, your song lives on. only wish u made wiser decisions,
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead by InkedNerd(f): 4:28am On Feb 12, 2012
toyemz:

^^^
but in a situation where you have a controlling partner who abuses the vulnerability and trust put in him
Bobby Brown was the original badboy who not only introduced her to the drugs but kept her on them so that he could use her money to feed his own habit, that is selfishness and that was the downward spiral clincher for Whitney
but for the faith and perseverance of her family she would have been dead long ago
she was an adult yes, but the one person who should have lifted her up,kept pushing her further and further down
That alone is  the sin

Was she vulnerable? Yes. Was she weak?  Yes, but unless he put a gun to her head and forced her to take those drugs, I will in no way lay blame to him. I'm quite sure he was probably controling but ultimately she had the power and choice to turn her life around. She was not a child and with all the people around her who cared for her, she had the backing and financial means to leave his äss. I could understand if she had been a spouse who was in a relationship where she had no finacial means to support herself had she left or if she had no family, but that just wan't the case. Sadly, she made bad choices which may or may not have resulted to her death.  Yes, it is indeed a tragedy and a great loss to those who loved her and her music but to put all blame on him and only him is wrong. I'm not a Bobby Brown sympathizer but I'm not gonna blame him for something she could have stopped or prevented on her own. Now that she has divorced him and is no longer has her to egg her on to do these drugs, I suppose when the coroners report comes out and we discover that it was a relaspe in drug use that lead to her death [if that was the cause] are you going to continue to sit and blame Bobby Brown even though he is out of her life as her partner? If I am a video game fanatic who loves to play violent video games and my mother or father buys me violent and graphic video games and I then go out and kill people, should I then put the blame on the video games or my parents for me having committed those acts. As much as it pains me to say this, she made her bed. I will admit, not everyone is strong enough to get through drug abuse. I have a friend who's mother is a avid drug user and till this day this woman despite her son's pleas, she still does drugs. We know someday these drugs will claim her life but, its her choice and unfortunately those around her will suffer for it. Its a shame to see someone go from being such a success to person who has become consumed by drugs. I don't wanna appear to be insensitive to her personal struggles but its the truth.

Mrs, Chima:

[size=44pt]Noooooooo.  cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry[/size]

(taking off clothes and running outside shouting Nooooooooo)

Put your damn clothes back on tongue
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead by MarcAnthon(m): 5:20am On Feb 12, 2012
I'm so so sad. Always loved her, always will. Always rooting for her to come back and was cheering loudly when she returned to sing "like I never left" with Akon. But she never quite made it back all the way. RIP Whitney!
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead by LaParisienne(f): 6:59am On Feb 12, 2012
RIP Whitney. You'll be missed and your songs will live on.

Sad but hardly surprising.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead by claremont(m): 9:22am On Feb 12, 2012
As far as I'm concerned, I don't give a hippopotamus balls if she used drugs or NOT. What matters to me is not how long she lived or how she died; the bottom-line is that she made an indelible mark for herself during her time here on earth, and she will be sorely missed by millions.

R.I.P WH.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead by phraoh(m): 11:50am On Feb 12, 2012
claremont:

As far as I'm concerned, I don't give a hippopotamus balls if she used drugs or NOT. What matters to me is not how long she lived or how she died; the bottom-line is that she made an indelible mark for herself during her time here on earth, and she will be sorely missed by millions.

R.I.P WH.

Yeah,word.
Inked_Nerd:

Was she vulnerable? Yes. Was she weak?  Yes, but unless he put a gun to her head and forced her to take those drugs, I will in no way lay blame to him. I'm quite sure he was probably controling but ultimately she had the power and choice to turn her life around. She was not a child and with all the people around her who cared for her, she had the backing and financial means to leave his äss. I could understand if she had been a spouse who was in a relationship where she had no finacial means to support herself had she left or if she had no family, but that just wan't the case. Sadly, she made bad choices which may or may not have resulted to her death.  Yes, it is indeed a tragedy and a great loss to those who loved her and her music but to put all blame on him and only him is wrong. I'm not a Bobby Brown sympathizer but I'm not gonna blame him for something she could have stopped or prevented on her own. Now that she has divorced him and is no longer has her to egg her on to do these drugs, I suppose when the coroners report comes out and we discover that it was a relaspe in drug use that lead to her death [if that was the cause] are you going to continue to sit and blame Bobby Brown even though he is out of her life as her partner? If I am a video game fanatic who loves to play violent video games and my mother or father buys me violent and graphic video games and I then go out and kill people, should I then put the blame on the video games or my parents for me having committed those acts. As much as it pains me to say this, she made her bed. I will admit, not everyone is strong enough to get through drug abuse. I have a friend who's mother is a avid drug user and till this day this woman despite her son's pleas, she still does drugs. We know someday these drugs will claim her life but, its her choice and unfortunately those around her will suffer for it. Its a shame to see someone go from being such a success to person who has become consumed by drugs. I don't wanna appear to be insensitive to her personal struggles but its the truth.

Put your damn clothes back on tongue

I did say,yu are quite right.She is to be blamed,buh wriggling Bobbee's neck is my own personal way of dealing with her death.I just hate it when real music stars die,especially those whose music are quite global phenomena.I did feel like that too when Micheal Jackson died.Alwaiz wishd that they could live longer than normal (my thoughts.)

toyemz:

^^^
That alone is the sin

Yu and I have the same personal feelings.

But she is dead and we apparently cant get to wriggle smeones neck.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead by Goldieluks: 12:00pm On Feb 12, 2012
What a sudden and unfortunate death. We all miss you W.H.
R.I.P
cry cry cry cry sad cry

(1) (Reply)

Producer Of The Popular Nigerian Sitcom, "Clinic Matters" Honoured In Paris / Former Mr Nigeria 2010, Kenneth Okoli Was Kidnapped Along With Nkiru Sylvanus / Deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.