Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

It's A Pleasure To Be A Member Of This Forum. My Love Of Nigeria From The USA - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / It's A Pleasure To Be A Member Of This Forum. My Love Of Nigeria From The USA (783 Views)

Golden Opportunity: Be A Member Of This New Nigerian Forum Site / What Other Forums Are You A Member Of? / *~ BlueSpice Voted The Literature/writing Section Member Of The Year*~ !! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's A Pleasure To Be A Member Of This Forum. My Love Of Nigeria From The USA by nikolai(m): 10:40am On Oct 19, 2007
My name is Nicholas and I have a deep interest for Nigerian culture, politics and its people.

It started when I went off to boarding school in the 8th grade. I had a teacher who was born near Lagos who had fought in the Biafran war. Another close mentor  introduced me to Fela and Femi Kuti. Being I have always loved Funk music I instantly loved Afrobeat as if it was the music that flowed in my blood and by discovering Fela Kuti I had discovered a part of myself. Another attraction I had to Nigeria is its people. In my experience it seems it has collective genuity. The reason I say this in my brief encounter with the history of Nigeria's military coup's, inefficient and corrupt bueracracies, and so many daily struggles the people are warm, genuine,and positive. In the face of so much adversity there is an optimistic outlook on life, a unified joy of living and of it's experiences, lessons, and opportunities that bring out the best in hummanity

This has been my observation and I couldn't be more impressed, so much so I plan on going to Nigeria in the next few years.

Sincerley,
Nicholas
Re: It's A Pleasure To Be A Member Of This Forum. My Love Of Nigeria From The USA by Seun(m): 10:44am On Oct 19, 2007
Welcome to the home of Nigerians on the net. A lot of good stuff comes from Nigeria because there are so many of us!
Re: It's A Pleasure To Be A Member Of This Forum. My Love Of Nigeria From The USA by Phiniter(m): 6:22pm On Oct 23, 2007
welcome
Re: It's A Pleasure To Be A Member Of This Forum. My Love Of Nigeria From The USA by realdemi(f): 10:21am On Oct 24, 2007
Nikolai, you are very much welcome on board, It's good to know some one loves who's not Nigerian. You are free to come to Nigeria as soon as you can.
It's a jolly good place!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: It's A Pleasure To Be A Member Of This Forum. My Love Of Nigeria From The USA by funkydot(f): 10:34am On Oct 24, 2007
@Nicolai

Bull, Nicolai or whatever your name is! You are Nigerian alright! Not fooled. tongue tongue tongue
Re: It's A Pleasure To Be A Member Of This Forum. My Love Of Nigeria From The USA by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 24, 2007
funkydot:

@Nicolai

Bull, Nicolai or whatever your name is! You are Nigerian alright! Not fooled. tongue tongue tongue

and whats that
Re: It's A Pleasure To Be A Member Of This Forum. My Love Of Nigeria From The USA by nikolai(m): 1:33am On Nov 01, 2007
@Nicolai Bull, Nicolai or whatever your name is! You are Nigerian alright! Not fooled.   

Thank you, I'll take that as a compliment. smiley I am American and my family is of Eastern European Jewish descent. My name is Nicholas in English but many of my family calls me Nikolai since it is Hungarian and they are from Budapest.
Re: It's A Pleasure To Be A Member Of This Forum. My Love Of Nigeria From The USA by opokonwa(m): 4:39pm On Nov 02, 2007
American dey love Nigerian culture.

Nigerians wan defect go America even to go pack shit embarassed

Welcome bro! Different strokes for different folks!

(1) (Reply)

New Year Message / What Will You Do With Your First Million. / Nigeria's Top 100 Crooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.