Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

The Real Solution To Nigeria's Problems - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Real Solution To Nigeria's Problems (1483 Views)

Fashola: Jonathan Lacks The Knowledge To Tackle Nigeria’s Problems / “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out / Solution To Nigeria's Problems.let Us Suggest. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Solution To Nigeria's Problems by Sweetlemon(f): 4:48pm On Feb 13, 2012
I actually registered here today but I have been a 'visitor' here for the past 3 yrs now and for a while now, I have watched in total dismay, the rate at which this site has turned into a tribal war site due to the rising belief among Nigerians that a split up of Nigeria will automatically solve Nigeria's problems.
My dear brothers and sisters, this belief, I must say, is a lie directly from the pit of hell!
Oh! so you guys think that spliting Nigeria will save you from boko haram huh? Well, I have news for you, Nigeria will keep spiliting into many tiny countries as long as the root of our problems remain in tact because we will still be stuck with the same evil breed of politicians who wll continue to sponsor more groups like they have been doing with MEND, boko haram, OPC, etc. More groups will continue to spring up from no where in our new countries! cant you guys see that!!!!
Cant you see that the real problem with Nigeria is LACK OF LOVE for one another and PRIDE?
Let me break it down, look at the west, let's pick lagos as a case study. We have the Ijebus and Aworis at each others throat on the issue of who the real settlers are. Imagine Nigeria breaking up, wont these groups also fight for who should govern over them?  Would an Ijebu man vote for an Awori man for president?
Let's look at the Niger delta region, we are all aware of the age old beef btw the ijaws and the Itshekiris. How would they cope with leadership if that region becomes a country?
In my state, the three ethic groups hardly see eye to eye. Imagine Akwa-Ibom and Cross-River as one state, the Oron and Calabar people will never be comfortable with the Ibibios ruling them. We will be back to that 'zoning' crap.
Look at the recent tribal clashes in Ebonyi state. Na boko haram cause am?
Think guys! dont allow the devil make us think that breaking up a family will solve its problems. look at India, it broke into pakistan, then bangladesh. Are they now living happily? tell me!
Look at Sudan, south sudan has been crying for 'independence from the northern part. now they have it. But guess what? Thousands have fleed south sudan due to fresh crisis in south sudan!
Let us love and respect each other's tribes, languages, cultures, and religion. That is the ONLY thing that can bring lasting solution to our problems! Where there is love and respect, people will start considering others in whatever they do or say. when this happens, corruption will die a slow but steay death which will then pave way for better governance.

1 Like

Re: The Real Solution To Nigeria's Problems by Sweetlemon(f): 4:57pm On Feb 13, 2012
Look at the U.S.A, if there is any country in the world that should be having 'tribal' problems, it should be America because se has an assortment of not just different RACES but also different NATIONS from all over the world. there are also different religions such as Christianity, islam, Jewism, Hindu, etc. This is because there are African Americans, Asian, Americans, European Americans, etc.
But do you see a New Yorker thinking that a Texan cannot 'rule' him?
Hell No!
Why?
Because although they may useifferent platforms, Americans generally speak up with ONE voice! they are together, they are united. do a research and you will see that is why they are still the most powerful country in the world.
Think about it guys!

1 Like

Re: The Real Solution To Nigeria's Problems by hakanai(m): 4:58pm On Feb 13, 2012
^^^ Fair enough but the evil breed politicians have succeeded in making you and i enemies.Alot of Nigerians are sniffing,eating and sleeping over this and believe its right.It takes two to tango.What is good for the goose is good for the gander.Split Nigeria is the way outta this thingy. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: The Real Solution To Nigeria's Problems by mensdept: 5:01pm On Feb 13, 2012
@ poster

BOOOOOOO!!! Your brain has been substituted by "Nigeria"

I guess you are drinking the One Nigeria 100% proof alcohol. Cant you too open your eyes and shin em well?

India is a better country today than Nigeria and if not for the partitioning there would have been a great blood bath. There are other examples of countries disentegrating for the better and unifying for the better boy.

Czech Repub and Slovak, the former Soviet counties (like Ukraine thats more peaceful than under the Russians), Kuwait, and those that unified-East and West Germany, Italy, UAE.

We dont even have to go globe trotting, because in "Nigeria's" history (by the way, can you tell us who gave us such a beautiful name) we were more peaceful and better organized in a quasi confederate, quasi independent, regional system in the 50s, 60s, and a bit Shagari's regime.

Then we had good roads, National airlines, a strong currency, good leaders and development, real community, and not like todays gele tying, pastor flocking, aristo bonning, give me n20,000 for transcript country.

So get off the self deceit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Real Solution To Nigeria's Problems by Arosa(m): 5:21pm On Feb 13, 2012
Sweetlemon, you are right that we need love and respect. But its injustice that has lead to the chaos we have now.

"In the absence of justice anarchy rules"
Re: The Real Solution To Nigeria's Problems by mensdept: 5:38pm On Feb 13, 2012
Sweetlemon:

Look at the U.S.A, if there is any country in the world that should be having 'tribal' problems, it should be America because se has an assortment of not just different RACES but also different NATIONS from all over the world. there are also different religions such as Christianity, islam, Jewism, Hindu, etc. This is because there are African Americans, Asian, Americans, European Americans, etc.
Hell No!
Why?
Because although they may useifferent platforms, Americans generally speak up with ONE voice! they are together, they are united. do a research and you will see that is why they are still the most powerful country in the world.
Think about it guys!

Nonsense. The U.S. was colonized by the same Queen Eliza's and instead of waiting to be dashed a fake independence took to the streets and shed blood for their freedom. They then saw that all those things done wrong by the British (including wearing of wigs like our fool Judges) were going to stop at the Atlantic Ocean. They decided to coin their own name and live by laws.

Also, they had a MAJORITY-White, Christian, literate, that decided to ensure that minorities and women, and difference of opinion would be protected. Today you see National Awrads received by people who made a difference, and not crooks and thieves that would rather die in hospitals abroad than in their papa land.
Re: The Real Solution To Nigeria's Problems by orisa37: 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2021
YOU SAID THE PROBLEM IS HATE AND PRIDE BUT I SAY THE PROBLEM IS COVETOUSNESS AND JEALOUSY.
Re: The Real Solution To Nigeria's Problems by referendum01(m): 8:20pm On Aug 15, 2021
Sweetlemon:
Hell No!
Why?
Think about it guys!

Op, I don't agree with your analysis. By the way you mentioned countries that splitted and are having issues, but I think your write up would have been rather balanced if you had mentioned nations that splitted and are living in peace.

Secondly, we must jettission this mindset that every nation that splits must have issues. For the fact that some splitted and are having issues does not in anyway mean others must tow that path. We can't continue to do same thing and expect a different result.

Let's try something new and see what becomes of it.
Re: The Real Solution To Nigeria's Problems by mrvitalis(m): 8:24pm On Aug 15, 2021
Sweetlemon:
I actually registered here today but I have been a 'visitor' here for the past 3 yrs now and for a while now, I have watched in total dismay, the rate at which this site has turned into a tribal war site due to the rising belief among Nigerians that a split up of Nigeria will automatically solve Nigeria's problems.
My dear brothers and sisters, this belief, I must say, is a lie directly from the pit of hell!
Oh! so you guys think that spliting Nigeria will save you from boko haram huh? Well, I have news for you, Nigeria will keep spiliting into many tiny countries as long as the root of our problems remain in tact because we will still be stuck with the same evil breed of politicians who wll continue to sponsor more groups like they have been doing with MEND, boko haram, OPC, etc. More groups will continue to spring up from no where in our new countries! cant you guys see that!!!!
Cant you see that the real problem with Nigeria is LACK OF LOVE for one another and PRIDE?
Let me break it down, look at the west, let's pick lagos as a case study. We have the Ijebus and Aworis at each others throat on the issue of who the real settlers are. Imagine Nigeria breaking up, wont these groups also fight for who should govern over them?  Would an Ijebu man vote for an Awori man for president?
Let's look at the Niger delta region, we are all aware of the age old beef btw the ijaws and the Itshekiris. How would they cope with leadership if that region becomes a country?
In my state, the three ethic groups hardly see eye to eye. Imagine Akwa-Ibom and Cross-River as one state, the Oron and Calabar people will never be comfortable with the Ibibios ruling them. We will be back to that 'zoning' crap.
Look at the recent tribal clashes in Ebonyi state. Na boko haram cause am?
Think guys! dont allow the devil make us think that breaking up a family will solve its problems. look at India, it broke into pakistan, then bangladesh. Are they now living happily? tell me!
Look at Sudan, south sudan has been crying for 'independence from the northern part. now they have it. But guess what? Thousands have fleed south sudan due to fresh crisis in south sudan!
Let us love and respect each other's tribes, languages, cultures, and religion. That is the ONLY thing that can bring lasting solution to our problems! Where there is love and respect, people will start considering others in whatever they do or say. when this happens, corruption will die a slow but steay death which will then pave way for better governance.
South Sudan is now growing ooh .. building two refinery ooh

Love and respect without equity ?

Your analogy is fundamentally wrong with the fact that u assume the new countries would be anything like Nigeria ....this is the thing that's wrong with all of u guys

Which is easier ...for Niger deltans to come together and agree to love themselves or for Nigerians to come together and love themselves

Which is easier..... for Nigerians to come together and fight bad politicians or for igbos to come together and fight bad politicians

Which is easier .....for Yorubas to form a country of equity or Nigeria reverting to equity

The solution u profered for Nigeria would only work in a country of people with similar value system

No body is saying breaking Nigeria would bring solution ...we are saying it would make solving the problem easier

(1) (Reply)

Only A Fool Will Call The North Parasites / On Behalf Of Myself, Beaf And All GEJ Supporters / Lagos State Begins Construction On 4th Mainland Bridge (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.