Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,776 members, 7,862,559 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:33 PM

Constitution And Its Prohibitions - North Under The Microscope! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constitution And Its Prohibitions - North Under The Microscope! (1691 Views)

North Under Siege Because Of Buhari —gov Lamido / INEC Demands Copies Of APC Constitution And Manifesto / Nigeria Constitution And Human Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Constitution And Its Prohibitions - North Under The Microscope! by Nobody: 6:45am On Feb 15, 2012
Can somebody help me to put them into their various regions please, it's hard nowadays for me to tell if Lagos is East or not. . . . or if Kano is North or South.

LOL, you do it yourself, its simple. I think southern Nigeria nowadays are in big mess cos they are totally divided and see themselves as enemies to themselves more than those abokis, that is one reason Nigeria will never ever divide.

divide those states btwn ss, se,sw in one category and north inthe other. why I did it like this is that they have one thing in common , law to control its security,resorces etc
Re: Constitution And Its Prohibitions - North Under The Microscope! by Nobody: 6:49am On Feb 15, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Fashola, Fayemi, and other SW governors are already talking about SW integration. Note that there are more Muslims in the SW than any other religion and these Muslims prefer Shariah as a way of life, as opposed to the extremism which is typically associated with Shariah. You may very well end up with a SW with Shariah and Hisbah police unless you people are only paying lip service to democracy. I dey laugh o.

Tho Im not from the region but I doubt this! where do you get that bold from? undecided
Re: Constitution And Its Prohibitions - North Under The Microscope! by DuduNegro: 6:49am On Feb 15, 2012
Toask,

Dont we have lke ten zones now?  I mean its like SW, W, NW, NC, MW, SS, SE, EAST, , I dont know it all.  Can you help?
Re: Constitution And Its Prohibitions - North Under The Microscope! by ektbear: 6:57am On Feb 15, 2012
When did there before more muslims than christians in the SW?

At least as of 1958 when the Willinks report was written, there was rough parity.

There might possibly more Yoruba Muslims than Yoruba Christians, since I'm guessing that Kwara Yoruba are probably more Muslim.

But in the SW zone of Nigeria, probably not.

By the way, when did an aboki like you become authorized to speak on what Yoruba Muslims want or do not want?

Also, it appears that you may have missed this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=870103.msg10198490#msg10198490
Re: Constitution And Its Prohibitions - North Under The Microscope! by naptu2: 7:39am On Feb 15, 2012
Bola Tinubu was one of the champions of state police. He cleverly started implementing his ideas until the Nigerian Police Force realised what he was doing and tried to stop it.

LASTMA=Lagos State traffic police.

KAI=Lagos State Environmental Police.

Neighbourhood watch=Security

RRS=Federal police with some state control.

However, when he started implementing his neighbourhood watch idea, the NPF became nervous. Members oof the neighbourhood watch were even attacked along Keffi St in Ikoyi.
Re: Constitution And Its Prohibitions - North Under The Microscope! by Nobody: 1:33am On Feb 18, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Toask,

Dont we have lke ten zones now? I mean its like SW, W, NW, NC, MW, SS, SE, EAST, , I dont know it all. Can you help?

right now there is nothing like EAST or WEST, its ss,mw,se,sw etc, be real bro.
Re: Constitution And Its Prohibitions - North Under The Microscope! by DuduNegro: 1:45am On Feb 18, 2012
I dont know about you, but I have a West. Yorubaland is West, not SW. I dont know about others either. . . .whatever they call their part of Nigeria.

Anyway, you going to help or what. . . whats taking so long?
Re: Constitution And Its Prohibitions - North Under The Microscope! by SamIkenna: 4:49am On Feb 18, 2012
Interesting. Negro looks like you studied law.

Anyway, I think we seem to be weak in the south because of same old same old rivalry. I do not blame the North for anything wrong in Nigeria, they only cashed in - that's all. Today the Brits are long gone and we're stuck with a still nation that's no longer working for any region - me thinks that somehow we all going to sit down and hammer out our differences in a mature way or face the obvious.

One more thing, Ndu_chuks, where did you get the SW muslim/christian census because you seem to have it as absolute truth. For me, theres one particular thing I find difficult to believe in Nigeria and that is census figure. No body knows how many we are, we might be in 200 millions - you never know. Maybe Nigerian muslims are the majority or they may turn out to be a tiny minority, one never knows what hes getting in this country and that's precisely why I don't like to be throwing up numbers or referring this or that group as the majority. I guess it would be wise if we say things are 50/50 right now until we conduct a reliable census. We live in a highly volatile nation so designating groups as majority or minority can be explosive.

Anyway, Negro, I hope I didn't derail your thread.
Re: Constitution And Its Prohibitions - North Under The Microscope! by Nobody: 7:25am On Feb 18, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

I dont know about you, but I have a West. Yorubaland is West, not SW. I dont know about others either. . . .whatever they call their part of Nigeria.

Anyway, you going to help or what. . . whats taking so long?

I see you still living in denial bro. Ok as Im not from your region maybe Im wrong tho.

I dont think my help is of any use tho.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan's Press Conference on How to Make Nigeria Great Again / Picture Of A Hypothetical 1 Million Naira Note! / Delta State Governor's Cup Football Competition Among Secondary Schools Begin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.