Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,108 members, 7,867,185 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:58 AM

Valentine Service In The Church Of God. Does It Make Any Sense? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Valentine Service In The Church Of God. Does It Make Any Sense? (824 Views)

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Valentine Service In The Church Of God. Does It Make Any Sense? by Acidosis(m): 7:13am On Feb 14, 2012
I think some pastors don't even have a calling. They are so carried away with the things of the world. I don't see any correlation between valentine and the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, so why are these people deceiving the young men and ladies who are not ready to forfeit the worldly affections for the true word of God. Valentine is worldly, ungodly, its all about sex, hypocritical love and lust so it shouldn't be substituted for church services.
Re: Valentine Service In The Church Of God. Does It Make Any Sense? by mabell: 7:19am On Feb 14, 2012
Well that's why the pastors should have them in a service, an event or in a meeting for that same purpose. Many of them are kept back in their faith for that purpose
Re: Valentine Service In The Church Of God. Does It Make Any Sense? by LagosShia: 9:56am On Feb 14, 2012
"Saint Valentine's Day, often simply Valentine's Day,[1][2][3] is a holiday observed on February 14 honoring one or more early Christian martyrs named Saint Valentine. It was first established by Pope Gelasius I in 496 AD, and was later deleted from the General Roman Calendar of saints in 1969 by Pope Paul VI. It is celebrated in hundreds of countries around the world, mostly in the West, although it remains a working day in all of them".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine%27s_Day#Saint_Valentine
Re: Valentine Service In The Church Of God. Does It Make Any Sense? by Knight1(m): 11:13am On Feb 14, 2012
Is it not better that the CHurch teaches how to celebrate love than for people to learn from outside? undecided
Re: Valentine Service In The Church Of God. Does It Make Any Sense? by dekung(m): 10:54am On Feb 15, 2012
Very soon, Valentine's day will become a Christian celebration day just like Christmas, Easter and all other pagan holidays that have been absorbed into Christianity.
Re: Valentine Service In The Church Of God. Does It Make Any Sense? by mabell: 11:01am On Feb 15, 2012
It's all about soul winning and soul saving
Re: Valentine Service In The Church Of God. Does It Make Any Sense? by newmi(m): 2:51pm On Feb 15, 2012
Someone is asking "does it make sense"?
That is WISDOM!!!
ANYONE WHO HAS A PROBLEM WITH IT IS SIMPLY THE OPPOSITE OF BEING WISE. . . . NO BI MY MONTH YOU HEAR SAY . . . grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Jehovah Witnesses And Blood? / Open Heaven Today - "When It Is Time" / Believing God For A Miracle- Join Me In Prayers!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.