Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,721 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:59 AM

Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance (13736 Views)

Rihanna Canceled Her Grammy Performance / Fans Blast Basketmouth After He Uploaded This On Facebook (pics) / Nicki Minaj Before And After Plastic Surgery And Implants(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by Demdem(m): 8:22am On Feb 14, 2012
Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on what happened last night at the Grammys:
Nicki Minaj, fresh off looking like a fool with Madonna at the Super Bowl, showed up last night on the red carpet at the Grammys with a guy dressed like the pope. This was just a prelude of what was to come.

Minaj’s performance began on stage with a mock confessional skit. This was followed by a taped video depicting a mock exorcism. With stained glass in the background, she appeared on stage again with choir boys and monks dancing.

Perhaps the most vulgar part was the sexual statement that showed a scantily clad female dancer stretching backwards while an altar boy knelt between her legs in prayer. Finally, “Come All Ye Faithful” was sung while a man posing as a bishop walked on stage; Minaj was shown levitating.

None of this was by accident, and all of it was approved by The Recording Academy, which puts on the Grammys. Whether Minaj is possessed is surely an open question, but what is not in doubt is the irresponsibility of The Recording Academy. Never would they allow an artist to insult Judaism or Islam.

It’s bad enough that Catholics have to fight for their rights vis-à-vis a hostile administration in Washington without also having to fend off attacks in the entertainment industry. The net effect, however, will only embolden Catholics, as well as their friends in other faith communities.

Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by jtkoko9(f): 6:41pm On Feb 14, 2012
People jus don't know where to draw the line. i hated her after sunday's grammy.

1 Like

Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 14, 2012
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by LagBlogger(m): 12:58pm On Feb 15, 2012
Don't mind Nicky. She likes to make trouble sometimes for reasons best known to her.
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 15, 2012
Religion as an opium. Nicki all the way. Make fun of dogma.
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by Wexelion(m): 1:01pm On Feb 15, 2012
, Disappointed
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by dare2think: 1:04pm On Feb 15, 2012
Demdem:

Never would they allow an artist to insult Judaism or Islam.

The fear of the *coughs* *coughs* is the beginning of wisdom.

Woe betide thou to attempt such!!!
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 15, 2012
Hey Nicki, Hey Nicki!
She's contending with Lady Gaga. Lol. Great performance btw, but I'm afraid it'll never outdo Judas.
Monsters all the way!
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by Basics007: 1:10pm On Feb 15, 2012
Would've been suprised if they didn't condemn it. She didnt want lady gaga to steal the whole show so she'd to do something.
I dont think the catholic league need to bother,in less than 2yrs she will be history

1 Like

Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by dmxqo(m): 1:20pm On Feb 15, 2012
Father forgive them they do not know what they are doing.
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 15, 2012
I was always confused about her appeal but that performance was painful to watch. I've never been a fan but I was truly embarrassed for her. I don't know what she was thinking or why the shows producers let this happen. Shameful & ridiculous. Sadly she looked more foolish than controversial which I'm sure was what she was going for.
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:45pm On Feb 15, 2012
[size=13pt]Nicki Minaj is always my next girl after Lady GaGa! grin

I was so proud to see her performance like this one --- Yeah , we ruling the entire World . Bleep their Religions and give our infernus order !! wink wink
[/size]
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by elampiro(m): 1:50pm On Feb 15, 2012
This is the hour of evil. Evil is allowed a temporar time and it can only get worse for now till the great victory.
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by PrinceDudu(m): 1:56pm On Feb 15, 2012
Demeaning Catholicism.
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by Pappij: 1:56pm On Feb 15, 2012
Sad, what we call entertainment nowadays. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Nicki Minaj is always my next girl after Lady GaGa! grin

I was so proud to see her performance like this one --- Yeah , we ruling the entire World . Bleep their Religions and give our infernus order !! wink wink
[/size]

No, you dont mean that now, do you?
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by obowunmi(m): 2:07pm On Feb 15, 2012
Extremely Boring performance by Nicki.
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by 9jvirgin(m): 2:10pm On Feb 15, 2012
if she had been clad in an islamic robe, hell would have been let loose by now lipsrsealed
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:12pm On Feb 15, 2012
cool cool
elampiro:

This is the hour of evil. Evil is allowed a temporar time and it can only get worse for now till the great victory.

1 Like

Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by obowunmi(m): 2:12pm On Feb 15, 2012
Or if she made fun of Jews. She would hv been boo'ed of stage.
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by 9jvirgin(m): 2:13pm On Feb 15, 2012
9jvirgin:

if she had been clad in an islamic robe, hell would have been let loose by now lipsrsealed

if the guy beside her was also wearing an islamic robe to perform alongside her, disaster would have struck by now lipsrsealed
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by 9jafreak: 2:13pm On Feb 15, 2012
[size=16pt]From the comments and video responses the world over, it's clear people are way off the BIG PICTURE.

She did what she did so the whole world will do what they are doing right now.

The American Jewish Elites, who control the world, are never going to relent on their REVENGE MISSION against Catholicism, other forms of Christianity, Islam or any opposing ideology

" The ideological war is the real war. It's the war of all wars." It's what Hitler fought and died for. It's what America is about!

Enjoy the show folks!
[/size]
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:19pm On Feb 15, 2012
[size=13pt]Yeah - entertaiment of olden days isn't the same dear-- like u can see things have changed . nowadays , we bring it out in the real way . Well , i mean everything about the new WORLD order -- their one world order is off , our time is now and blessed is the name of SATAN , Lucifer , demons and all his agents like us .

hehehe --- what we sing would surely influence the entire World. , grin smiley

Infrus. ,

[/size]
Pappij:

Sad, what we call entertainment nowadays. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

No, you dont mean that now, do you?
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by Efizzi: 2:25pm On Feb 15, 2012
What is happening to the knights? What happened to the crusaders? Why do they remain silent for this slut? NIKKI SHOULD HAVE TRIED THE ISLAMIC VERSION OF THIS NONSENSE AND I KNOW THE KILLING SPREE THAT WOULD TAKE PLACE ROUND THE WORLD.
That being said, I really dont like this lady right from time and I dont listen to her music either,
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by stagger: 2:36pm On Feb 15, 2012
This Minaj woman pisses me off anytime I see her. Most naija girls are even finer than she is by far. Don't really know what the whole Nicki Minaj stuff is all about anyway.
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by Agimor(m): 3:04pm On Feb 15, 2012
Let them try it with the islamic religion.
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by okpurukata(f): 3:05pm On Feb 15, 2012
The height of satanism at display.
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by chux76(m): 3:21pm On Feb 15, 2012
Everybody knows what would have transpired by now if the little slut had made mockery of the Islamic faith, Some parts of the world would have erupted in unwanton violence, Nothern part of Naija not excluded, She is sick though
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by Limaoscar: 3:33pm On Feb 15, 2012
Yeah - entertaiment of olden days isn't the same dear-- like u can see things have changed . nowadays , we bring it out in the real way . Well , i mean everything about the new WORLD order -- their one world order is off , our time is now and blessed is the name of SATAN , Lucifer , demons and all his agents like us .

hehehe --- what we sing would surely influence the entire World. ,

Infrus. ,

You have this moment to repent and Turn to Jesus, you may not live one more day to mock God , Neither do I want you to join satan in Hell because Hell is real---I tell you my friend.
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by Koolking(m): 3:55pm On Feb 15, 2012
Abuse of freedom in Christianity. Minaj should thank her star, that blunder of a show was not staged in Iran or Iraq trying to mimic Islam as she mimicked Xtianity. She would have been given a gift of a grave before Val.
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by teskyg: 3:56pm On Feb 15, 2012
Just deleted all her songs from my albums immiediately I read the post.Couldn't watch the Grammy yesterday.She will pay dearly for this.Serpent
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by megawax8: 4:00pm On Feb 15, 2012
i'm so so sorry for nicki
Re: Catholic League Blast Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performance by Coenvict: 4:05pm On Feb 15, 2012
I agree wit u dear[color=#000099][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

KADA RIVER Big Churchill Foundation Feeds Over 1000 Indigenes Of Southern Kaduna / Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother / Reverend Sister In Trouble For Looking Too Sexy [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.