Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,281 members, 7,829,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

How Do I Get Gov Fashola To Know This? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do I Get Gov Fashola To Know This? (671 Views)

BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges / Gov. Fashola Appoints New Vice Chancellor For Lasu / Latest Info On Lasu Crisis ! Fashola To: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get Gov Fashola To Know This? by 2Mekus: 10:36am On Feb 14, 2012
[b]I have kids in Lagos public Secondary schools. It is supposed to be free, but the extortions by Teachers through several coinages are alarming.

Everyday, the students are told to pay one form of levy or the other; failure which they are flogged like cows. When Inspectors are about to come visiting, the students are warned never to say anything about the levies or even speak to any of the inspectors. My Children have complained to no end.

Once, I got a phone number of a teacher in the school (Oshodi Comprehensive Junior High School) and threatened him and the following day a levy that was imposed on the pupils were cancelled. Yet, they never stop imposing another.

Some of the levies include payment for:

Internet connection in the school that does not have computer classes

Monthly payment for cleaning of toilets (whereas they have cleaners in the payroll of the government)

Payment for photocopies of documents that were never given to them

Payment for cutting of grass in and around the school (yet the students are forced to do it manually by themselves)

Payment for a send off party to teachers that were leaving the school

The list is endless and all are compulsory.

I have not confronted the Principal on this for fear of reprisal on my kids.

How do I bring this to the notice of Lagos State Education Board?[/b]
Re: How Do I Get Gov Fashola To Know This? by gendebs(m): 5:19pm On Feb 14, 2012
Oshodi high school, oshodi. Thas my sec school. In my days in dat school, it was corrupt free, no extortation. The only thing i rem buyin was broom and cane. I am nt falsifing ur observation cos it's been 8yrs i graduated from the school
Re: How Do I Get Gov Fashola To Know This? by 2Mekus: 9:34am On Feb 16, 2012
gendebs:

Oshodi high school, oshodi. Thas my sec school. In my days in dat school, it was corrupt free, no extortation. The only thing i rem buyin was broom and cane. I am nt falsifing ur observation cos it's been 8yrs i graduated from the school

Well, you will be shocked to discover that it is now worse than Police Station. Extortion galore. I do not doubt you; in fact I enrolled my kids there based on recommendation from a fellow Parent who said it was better than Ikeja High School in terms of extortions. Alas, I have found out it is worse.

The population is something else. The pupils are over 60 per a class and each class has about A - D (that is JSS1A - D, JSS2A - D etc). It is that pitiful.

How do I get the education board to know about this extortions because they closely guarded secrets amongst the teachers?

(1) (Reply)

Poly Ibadan / Waec GCE / STUDY IN AMERICA WITH LIGHT HEIGHTS STEM SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.