Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,134 members, 7,829,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Migrating Back To Nigeria From The Western World - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Migrating Back To Nigeria From The Western World (741 Views)

Do Men In The Western Society Pay Bride Price ? / Nigerian Living In China Says 419 SCAM Is A Payback To The Western World: / Migrating From Glo Instant Surf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Migrating Back To Nigeria From The Western World by BeckyUK(f): 1:51pm On Oct 19, 2007
Dear Naijaland Friends, are there people out there thinking or perhaps with a vision of migrating back to our land Nigeria from the western world? What are your thoughts, views, opinions and most importantly how will you go about planning the move?
Re: Migrating Back To Nigeria From The Western World by kemmy100: 9:51am On Dec 04, 2007
yes i am
Re: Migrating Back To Nigeria From The Western World by lucabrasi(m): 7:05pm On Feb 24, 2008
i am as well after uni,dnt realli understand ur ?? tho,
Re: Migrating Back To Nigeria From The Western World by ArseQPR(m): 12:38am On Feb 25, 2008
I think it is a good ting to go back home after studies most especially if you are still a young person. The longer you stay here in search of ''money'' the harder it becomes to go home. I am planning to return home this year but most pple are often afraid of what tomorrow holds for them. I was surprised to see loads of developments when I visited Nigeria last year. Young pple are really doing great things back home now.
Going home in my opinion would need alot of planning. Securing a job in Nigeria from here (western world) would be a good start. Most Nigerian employers often ask this question, ''how much do you want as your salary'' or ''what is your current pay package like''. Immediately they change whatever you say to Naira and BANG you've struck them where it hurts the most. Cos after the convertion, their tune changes.
But really it is a good thing to go back home no matter what because that is where development is currently happening. Pple are now getting jobs and living confi within their reach. It may not be for everybody now but there are loads of things we can come up with as young pple to make that country great again. For a start, we can use our experience and exposure here (western world) in what we do at home. We can intoduce new things that are here to the guys at home which would give pple jobs and put us where we wanna be. I strongly believe we all have the keys to making that country great again. We came here for a reason, nothing in life happens by chance. There is a divine plan for all of these (just as in the hit TV series LOST or PRISON BREAK lol cheesy) but jokes apart like minded pple from here can come together and do something at home.
I studied food safety & quality management where I studied how to maintain the quality of food produced and also food laws. Everytime I think about how our own food laws could be changed so all Nigerians would be assured that eating a mama put food is as safe as eating indomie noddles or some Nigerian made orange juice.
Like I wrote earlier, it is for a purpose that we are here and let us learn all we can and use it to build our home because come to think about it, no foreigner would develop our home for us.

(1) (Reply)

I Need An It Job / How Are You Guy / Makinde Adewale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.