Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria (10177 Views)

Cybermetrics Ranks OAU Best Varsity In Nigeria / A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / Covenant University Emerges Best Private Varsity In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by ACM10: 11:02am On Feb 16, 2012
DrummaBoy:

While the OP cannot write correct English he wants ABU to give him admission
Abeg, leave my alamanata alone!

Haba!
Why murder it?

DrummaBoy:

That is almanata. Sorry
Before the vultures swoop on me!
lol!!

Your problem is deeper than I previously imagined
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by chinnyonwu(m): 11:07am On Feb 16, 2012
^^
Rotflmao
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by olsmade(m): 11:08am On Feb 16, 2012
Guy u got me all cracked up n laffing lyk a mad man. U no try @ all o - see as u dey mess ABU.
DrummaBoy:

I meant almanata
Guess OP is justified
Lol!!!
grin grin
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by pcicero(m): 11:27am On Feb 16, 2012
Is it true that northern universities (including ABU) accept passes in O'level English and Maths for admission?
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 16, 2012
DrummaBoy:

While the OP cannot write correct English he wants ABU to give him admission
Abeg, leave my[b] alamanata[/b] alone!

The heck is wrong with Nigerian graduates, i mean really??

The quoted, even after 3 tries, was still unable to get the spelling af ''alma mater'' right but was still swift to call out another.

This is a big show of shame and the world is watching.
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by lafuria1(m): 11:44am On Feb 16, 2012
The guy shld knw he is not d only one with a simliar story. ABU has an admission policiy where certain numbee of qualified candidate are taken from each state with the northerners getting more slot. If the ABU were to give admission base jamb score, the number of northerners to get admission will small, mark u, u hardly see northerners going to uni in d south. Therefore the northerners even with a jamb score of 200 are more likely to get d nod.
One thing of fact is dat the best few from each state in d south will be given admission.
@peciro, that was in d past, Most northern uni no more give admission with passes in maths or English
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by hardbody: 11:49am On Feb 16, 2012
@Joeblis, If that guy writes and spells like you, there is no justification for admitting him into any high institution let alone a university. Ponder over this and step up in your English grammar or write in vernacular in the alternative.
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by hardbody: 11:54am On Feb 16, 2012
@ Bandit C, it is so funny. Its not about Nigerian graduates, its not even about the Uni, its just a problem of the individual. some people can't just get it right, let us rather have pity on them and keep praying, while we hope they also manage to cover their shame. Having said that, quite a number of the posts i read, written by the owners of the language also leaves a lot to be applauded, essentially therefore, it is the person and not necessarily the institution.
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by alahamad(m): 12:21pm On Feb 16, 2012
In Nigeria of today, as much as we all know the dept of corruption in every sector, only in ABU will a senator"s kid Fail and have to repeat. Lecturer-kids fail and repeat, if such peeps cant bye their way out then your sorry ass aint getting nothing,  tongue

Of all schools you can say crap about, na ABU you choose angry, Your just a fool nd your friend aint worth even S.B.R.S(school of basic and remedial studies) which is Pre-ABU,  tongue

Like someone said above, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, AN ABUSITE IS AHEAD OF YOU NATURALLY!!!!!! wink

GREATEST ABUSITES!!!!!!!!!!!! smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 16, 2012
I love ABU, what a privilege to have passed through this great school.[/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size]
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by otokx(m): 1:32pm On Feb 16, 2012
Happy to see people speaking up against the rantings of the poster.
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by GWslim(f): 1:37pm On Feb 16, 2012
Admission is based on connection in this country no matter your score. Passing an exam ia not enough o boy, you still need to go forth.
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by mykejones(m): 1:39pm On Feb 16, 2012
I almost got in2 a panic attack wen i saw d headline,it even made d home page!
Rubbish.
U dnt tink der were other better scores dan urs?
There wer over 99,000 applicants and 20,000 of those applied to the faculty of medicine. U surely dnt tink there wer peopl who scored 300 and above?
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by 1Dray(m): 1:47pm On Feb 16, 2012
The school sucks wt corruption. . . My lil sister scored the highest score in Mass Com last 2years yet she was not offered admission, even when the HOD of the Dept promised 2 include her name in the 2nd list. They only made the poor hardworking girl cry. . . Shame on you ABU!!! The school that prefers offering admission to low scoring candidates to hardworking candidates wt high score. Shame! Shame!! Shame!!!
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 16, 2012
^^let the world know. . . SHAME SHAME SHAME on that aboki fulani nunu school!
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by Mcdondayan: 2:16pm On Feb 16, 2012
@balimuazu or what ever u call yourself, go back 2 nursery 2 and b taught how 2 speak English. You cant be defending a university with grammatical blunders. And i guess you studied English in A.B.U Zaria
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by pssword: 2:49pm On Feb 16, 2012
Check out this guy ohh - im name na Hassan, Mohammed or Shehu wey im dey come find admission, better mind ya sef ohhh tongue
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by Sike(m): 3:03pm On Feb 16, 2012
otokx:

Happy to see people speaking up against the rantings of the poster.
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by demmykay: 3:44pm On Feb 16, 2012
The fact dat ABU denied d guy admission does nt make d school a corrupt one. May be luck ran out on him or probably he wasnt destined to be an abusite. Proud to be an ABUSITE. An ABUSITE is ahead of you “naturally“. the guy can try again or else where
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by ortopazz(m): 4:46pm On Feb 16, 2012
NAIJA epileptic fraudulent yet but effective corrupt system
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by Harzan(m): 4:59pm On Feb 16, 2012
DrummaBoy:

That is almanata. Sorry
Before the vultures swoop on me!
lol!!

DrummaBoy:

I meant almanata
Guess OP is justified
Lol!!!

Wislet:

Bros, no dey point finger wen u too no know. Ok??
Anyways it's ALMA MATER.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by Homonide: 5:28pm On Feb 16, 2012
First, i am disappointed that this kind of post made it to the front page. When i saw the post, i thought it was about some serious allegation of corruption, or a racket going on in ABU which was just uncovered. That in itself would have been a big let down to me, being a graduate of this prestigious citadel of learning- A.B.U., Zaria.

Alas, it turned out to be the baseless ranting of a disgruntled poster. OP himself isn't the affected admission-seeker, so in effect he is holding brief for someone and he will have us believe that ABU is the most corrupt University in Nigeria simply because someone was purpotedly denied admission! The operative word is "corrupt". If OP had used the word biased, i wouldn't have even bothered to respond to his rant.

Every school has her admission policy and ABU is no different. Assuming the story is true, then this is unfortunate and a manifestation of the rot in our higher institutions in particular, and all spheres of our National Life in general where ethnicism, nepotism, and "who you know syndrome" has become the accepted norm.

ABU is a very good university, obviously one of the best in Nigeria. It is an open secret that gaining admission to our universities, especially the first generation ones is not an easy feat. Even those that pride themselves as recognizing merit still fall prey to the "who you know syndrome". So OP should just advise his friend to take heart, be strong, and try again if indeed his story is true. He should refrain from making misleading statements like the one above. Nairaland is not only for Nigerians, but also for friends of Nigeria- remember.

GOD bless ABU, GOD bless Nigeria, GOD bless us all.
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by kheart(m): 8:52pm On Feb 16, 2012
since when do aliens started posting topics on NL.
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by Jeel: 9:18pm On Feb 16, 2012
Abu is an islamic university,only living in past glories
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by Jeel: 9:21pm On Feb 16, 2012
Abu is an islamic university,only living in past glories
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by Redstone(m): 10:49pm On Feb 16, 2012
Drummerbooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, haba, wetin happen to your english, abegiiiiiiiiiiiii.
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by pcicero(m): 12:03am On Feb 17, 2012

al-ahamad:
In Nigeria of today, as much as we all know the dept (depth) of corruption in every sector, only in ABU will a senator"s kid Fail and have to repeat. Lecturer-kids fail and repeat, if such peeps cant bye (buy)their way out then your sorry Bottom aint getting nothing, 

Of all schools you can say crap about, na ABU you choose , Your (you are)just a fool nd your friend aint worth even S.B.R.S(school of basic and remedial studies) which is Pre-ABU, 

Like someone said above, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, AN ABUSITE IS AHEAD OF YOU NATURALLY!!!!!!

GREATEST ABUSITES!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^
You should be proud of the school that produced you! ABU my foot!
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by Heavensent(m): 7:23am On Feb 17, 2012
undecided BOO HOO saddest trend, u guys keep on posting while im rising in dis xtraordinary sch tongue
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by ImperialMcHael(m): 7:49am On Feb 17, 2012
Still laughing.
Alamanata?
Almanata? Hahaha
Then, I'm sure you are an 'aluminiun' of the school.
A graduate for that matter!
LWKMD4H
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by alahamad(m): 8:00am On Feb 17, 2012
@pcicero,

For sure i am proud of the varsity that produced me, 100% ABUSITE for life!!!!

@poster,
  Do you actually think you can just apply to schools abroad and they just invite you over? let alone prestigious schools like Harvard, Oxford , e.t.c, well sorry to burst your bubble in Nigeria and even west Africa as a whole, ABU is the only school with all the bells and whistles , I am based in Lagos and until my ABU days, i never came across peeps  from all parts of this country.

Only in Abu will you find all the tribes living in peace and Harmony. no corruption, no difference of any sort{religious, ethnic, tribal or any sort} and definitely, no cultism , at least for the whole 7 years i spent there, nothing of such nature,

you can carry on with you mission of trying to dent the image of the school but i bet you, you will only bring out the best in Abu cos about 60% of top players in our country are one way or the other products of either ABU or Affiliates.

GRATEST ABUSITES, !!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by plentykola(m): 10:50pm On Jun 30, 2012
Jeel: Abu is an islamic university,only living in past glories
Thunder fire u with dis ur useless comment
Re: Abu Zaria The Most Corupt Varsity In Nigeria by plentykola(m): 10:55pm On Jun 30, 2012
PROUDLY ABUSITE

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice / Download Unilag Cut-off Marks 2012/2013 Released-very Low / How To Get Admission Into Nigerian Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.