Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,456 members, 7,958,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:17 PM

N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi (5003 Views)

EFCC May Go After Ex-first Lady Over N1trn Campaign Funds’ Disbursement / Reps Invite Amaechi Others Over Alleged N1trn Rail Contract Scam / Lamorde’s ‘disappearance’ Stalls N1trn Probe – Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi by nduchucks: 6:05am On Feb 15, 2012
Talk about misplaced anger fueled by tribalism, bigotry, ignorance or outright foolishness - Nigerians criticize Sanusi and CBN for N100 million grant provided for disaster relief in Kano, while their leaders are busy robbing them blind. SMH

The Senate Committee on Appropriation has announced that some ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs) of government secretly smuggled over N1 trillion on projects into the N4.7 trillion budget for 2012, and may have shot up the budget to N5.7 trillion. shocked shocked

This disclosure coincided with the approval sought by President Goodluck Jonathan from the National Assembly to borrow $7,905,690,000 to enable the Federal Govern-ment execute pipeline projects under the Medium Term Fiscal Framework (2012 – 2014).

It also emerged yesterday that the National Assembly may complete legislative works on the 2012 Appropriation Bill next week.

Chairman of the Senate Committee on Appropriation, Senator Ahmed Maccido, who opened the can of worms on the padding up of their respective budgets by the MDAs, alleged that over 40 per cent of the projects were not captured in the budget presented to the National Assembly by the president on December 13 last year, adding that the National Assembly would discard the projects.

He said: “These projects were smuggled into the budget by the MDAs and we at the committee level would jettison them because they are not in the original budget.”

Maccido insisted in a statement that the committee would subject the budget to thorough scrutiny to expunge all the unauthorised projects.

The Appropriation Committee chairman said: “The problem is that we are seeing projects that are not in the original version of the budget presented to us by President Goodluck Jonathan and substantial parts of these projects are being smuggled into the budget by the MDAs and ministers.

“Over 40 per cent of the projects in the budget were not in the original budget. And we are saying no to this.
“The items so smuggled into the budget are over N1 trillion. So we are right now comparing the budget as originally presented by the president and the version presented by the MDAs.

Read the Rest of the Pathetic News Here

Re: N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi by MrGlobe(m): 6:21am On Feb 15, 2012
Sanusi's case is an entirely different case of tribalism, bigotry and nationalising the islamic agenda while this is another different case of the gross corruption in GEJ's administration we already know. This nation has always been a jungle where different things happen concurrently. You cant expect us not to discuss kindnapping with boko haram at the same time. They all affect us. We must criticize sanusi!
Re: N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi by nduchucks: 6:30am On Feb 15, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Sanusi's case is an entirely different case of tribalism, bigotry and nationalising the islamic agenda while this is another different case of the gross corruption in GEJ's administration we already know. This nation has always been a jungle where different things happen concurrently. You cant expect us not to discuss kindnapping with boko haram at the same time. They all affect us. We must criticize sanusi!

I wonder why you didn't find it compelling to express your outrage, in a vigorous manner, at the corruption in question, but found it necessary to explain why Sanusi should be criticized. I think you just buttressed my point, pally.
Re: N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi by bloodless: 6:38am On Feb 15, 2012
I WEEP FOR THIS NaTION! Whether it be that this is ridiculously sad or that there is even the slight possiblity that this story is false but printed on a national daily,

Some people on here still defending the ridiculous salaries and benefits of politicians, the wastage, I cant scream
Re: N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi by gists: 7:47am On Feb 15, 2012
ndu_chucks:

I wonder why you didn't find it compelling to express your outrage, in a vigorous manner, at the corruption in question, but found it necessary to explain why Sanusi should be criticized. I think you just buttressed my point, pally.

Of course the foolishness will not allow them to cry out loud with the same vigour. Anything SLS/North/muslim/islam just keep eating them up no matter how reasonable/factual the stand is. Even though corruption (IMO) is the number one killer in this country, it appears to them that is a "lesser" crime so they'll keep mute especially because its GEJ - who according to them is just a victim.

Having said that, I think SLS just rubbed crude oil on his body for his enemies to roast him. I have not read/heard anywhere where he explained his action (For all we know it might have been his personal money) but you can't blame people for complaining if he didn't do the same for bomb blast victims in other states.
Re: N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi by aljharem(m): 8:00am On Feb 15, 2012
what is new

7.5 million to change toilet door

etc
Re: N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi by DuduNegro: 8:48am On Feb 15, 2012
_chuks, do you know how many such contracts have inflated the budget even when Sanusi was not in the news? Besides, how would the citizenry block the inflation if the disclosure was the only item in news and discussion?
Re: N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi by BashMe1(m): 2:56pm On Feb 15, 2012
Revolution go make sense for this country o!
Re: N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi by PHIPEX(m): 3:07pm On Feb 15, 2012
ndu_chucks:

I believe by calling Nigerians who criticise Sanusi "Foolish" in your topic, you have made a mess of the wonderful issue you just raised. If I have my way I will liken Sanusi's action to those of our MDAs who believe that our annual budget is nothing but a festival of waste. I am completely disappointed with the leadership of this country. Can't the National assembly reveal the names of the Agencies involved? I don't trust this half baked info.
Re: N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi by dein77(m): 3:14pm On Feb 15, 2012
I weep for this nation! What if a few thousand of us OCCUPY NASS? What a joke of a nation! Dont know what to say, *shedding tears in my heary*,
Re: N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi by logica(m): 3:14pm On Feb 15, 2012
So is this supposed to act as a diversion from Sanusi's nepotism and flagrant disregard for CBN guidelines? Yes, noise will be made on this issue as well, but I (speaking for myself) will not forget about Sanusigate. Every single week, he appears to engage in an act to top the previous week's gaffe; his nickname should be "One Week One Trouble".
Re: N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi by Okijajuju1(m): 3:27pm On Feb 15, 2012
What has budget got to do with Sanusi biko nu?! undecided
Re: N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi by Baawaa(m): 3:31pm On Feb 15, 2012
Revolution go make sense for this country o!

That is the key words
Re: N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:09pm On Feb 15, 2012
Ohh please why are you all complaining bitterly grin grin grin the man was pregnant with praises aplomb a few years back, what has happened between then and now. is his character now showing through - his probing disposition now looking like a facade! Maga (Nigerians) don pay - Shout Alleluyia!!!! grin grin
Re: N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi by dmainboss: 4:29pm On Feb 15, 2012
gists:

Of course the foolishness will not allow them to cry out loud with the same vigour. Anything SLS/North/muslim/islam just keep eating them up no matter how reasonable/factual the stand is. Even though corruption (IMO) is the number one killer in this country, it appears to them that is a "lesser" crime so they'll keep mute especially because its GEJ - who according to them is just a victim.

Having said that, I think SLS just rubbed crude oil on his body for his enemies to roast him. I have not read/heard anywhere where he explained his action (For all we know it might have been his personal money) but you can't blame people for complaining if he didn't do the same for bomb blast victims in other states.

You are the one that is expressing hate and bigotry here. The article never said GEJ was involve in any corruption. It clearly said the MDAs criminally smuggled projects into the initial project GEJ submitted. It is not an indictment of GEJ but a vindication because it shows GEJ did not allow them to add those projects in the first place
Re: N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 15, 2012
@ Poster.

1. Those that smuugled the 1Trn into the budget are wrong very wrong.
2. Sanusi as the head of the Bankers Bank, donating N100m to Kano State is wrong, very wrong.
3. You comparing the two and excusing Sanusi is wrong, very wrong.

I stand here to condemn all three.
Re: N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi by sharpman1(m): 5:30pm On Feb 15, 2012
The OP is a joke.

How can you try to bring together two mutually exclusive events?

I do not understand your point. Are you saying Sanusi did the right thing by donating tax payers fund to his own people?

Why did he not donate his personal funds if he really wanted to help?
Re: N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi by Zulele: 5:42pm On Feb 15, 2012
Any administration that borrows peter to pay paul,will forever be at the mercy of paul. My fear is that soon Nigerians will import toxic wastes and dead bodies, they will even borrow for the 5th generation to pay back. I think an average Nigerian leader should undergo IQ test,to ascertain his fitness to take up responsibilities. Pls Nigerian leaders need a pendulum clock and a compass. This is both for direction and speed.
Re: N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi by Zulele: 5:52pm On Feb 15, 2012
Just hang them all, they are criminals. Too many criminals
in the goverment.
Re: N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi by REVOLUTNIS: 6:14pm On Feb 15, 2012
Your region will remain the list developed and educated in Nigeria as long as your future generation continue to celebrate mediocre without asking questions.It came as a no surprise to me when I saw how docile and ill informed some northerners are by using defense mechanism to justify CBN governor misdeed.These are the same sycophants that refused to confront Turai yar Adua and her Katsina Cabal when she held the whole country hostage. Rochas Okorocha recently announced free education and free money for Imo state indigence that are willing to make their life better through education, why can't your youths pressure your state governors to do the same? Sanusi giving tax payers money to his own state has exposed segregation in Northern Nigeria by their ruling class. Kaduna,Maiduguri,Niger state,are they lesser northerners?
Re: N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 16, 2012
[s]CORRUPTION!

CORRUPTION!!

CORRUPTION!!!
[/s]
Re: N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi by bigsean(m): 2:37pm On Feb 16, 2012
I dont have anything to say, Nigeria is so messed up its a joke!

(1) (Reply)

Giant Hailstones Batter China's Southern Provinces / Check Out This Picture Of Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Wife / Photo News:osun Huge Model Schools : Shoes Have Sizes!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.