Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,275 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Real Estate 'Build & Sell' Project In Lagos (advice & Contributions Needed) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Real Estate 'Build & Sell' Project In Lagos (advice & Contributions Needed) (1962 Views)

Another Narialander Roofing Project In Umuahia / A Nairalander's Roofing Project In Umuahia / Another Roofing Project In Port Harcourt For A Nairalander By H$lbroker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Estate 'Build & Sell' Project In Lagos (advice & Contributions Needed) by CraigKim: 3:54pm On Feb 15, 2012
Hello Friends,

I need advice on how best to go into a Real Estate 'Build & Sell' Project in Lekki-Ajah axis of Lagos. I intend to build beautiful design of modern houses and put them up for sale.  As stated, my preferred location is the Lekki-Ajah axis.

My questions are:

1). How viable is this business in my location of choice (Lekki-Ajah)?

2). What kind of apartments would be in high demand?

3). What kinds of facilities would buyers be looking out for in these apartments?

4). Are there going to be competitors for me to struggle with in view of marketing and pricing?

Your advice and contributions would be highly appreciated as they would form my guide in decision making. Thank you.
Re: Real Estate 'Build & Sell' Project In Lagos (advice & Contributions Needed) by CraigKim: 4:18pm On Feb 16, 2012
Your contribution is needed on this topic. Please share your thoughts.
Re: Real Estate 'Build & Sell' Project In Lagos (advice & Contributions Needed) by CraigKim: 12:25pm On Feb 18, 2012
Your contribution is needed on this topic. Please share your thoughts.
Re: Real Estate 'Build & Sell' Project In Lagos (advice & Contributions Needed) by walus01: 4:11pm On Feb 18, 2012
Dear Friend, u r hvn a gud taught, bt u v answered most of dese questions urself, so u shud bware of competitor in d biz nd if u can nw brand ur own product n terms of marketin and wat u incorporate lik d design of d build hw attractive it is. Then u can penetrate d market am sure. If u need more info don't hesitate 2 contact me back. My company is also a developer,s company that can render both consultancy and construction service 4 u, 2 v value 4 ur money, we will like 2 giv ur som architectural drawings which meet international standard 2 get ur money back easily. Here is our contact. Walus Richmonds Limited. 08188447496, 08036140356. walusrichmonds@yahoo.com. Tanks
Re: Real Estate 'Build & Sell' Project In Lagos (advice & Contributions Needed) by Realtors: 3:55pm On Feb 21, 2012
this indeed a good vision and unique project, you will realize your money. 1. get ur land in marketable location.
2. have a good architectural drawing and plan. 3. consult good property outfit.

believe me the rest is story. We are into property consulting and management and our office within ur choice area 08022132445, 07041475613 dan4pastor@yahoo.com
Re: Real Estate 'Build & Sell' Project In Lagos (advice & Contributions Needed) by CraigKim: 7:47pm On Feb 23, 2012
Thank you all for the contribution so far. However I am still hoping to get more contributions that will guide my plans and action before finally embarking on this project. Can I get comments from someone who has practically been involved in this. His/her contribution would go a long way because he would be able to advice from a pragmatic point of view.
Once again I appreciate the comments received so far. I would be glad to receive more. Thank you all.
Re: Real Estate 'Build & Sell' Project In Lagos (advice & Contributions Needed) by CraigKim: 8:54pm On Feb 28, 2012
Re: Real Estate 'Build & Sell' Project In Lagos (advice & Contributions Needed) by thirdeye(m): 10:41pm On Feb 28, 2012
@Craig_Kim,
Investment in construction in that axis will be good for years to come however you must consider this or you'll end up like others with structures built with millions but without buyers/tenants.
Gone are the days when bankers rent/buy buildings along that axis with upfront cash, now those luxuries are no longer there, most people now buy land and build rather than spend millions to acquire an already built one so that they can save money, but any buildings that sells quickly are always the ones surrounded by good roads, electricity, clean neighbourhoods and water. So if you are thinking of investing at all you must consider providing most of these infrastuctures, Nigerians love exclusive neighbourhoods. Bad roads is always a turnoff.
Re: Real Estate 'Build & Sell' Project In Lagos (advice & Contributions Needed) by violent(m): 11:11pm On Feb 28, 2012
could the mods kindly help promote this topic to the front page? I'm also very interested to read people's views on OPs questions.
Re: Real Estate 'Build & Sell' Project In Lagos (advice & Contributions Needed) by CraigKim: 9:44am On Feb 29, 2012
thirdeye:

@Craig_Kim,
Investment in construction in that axis will be good for years to come however you must consider this or you'll end up like others with structures built with millions but without buyers/tenants.
Gone are the days when bankers rent/buy buildings along that axis with upfront cash, now those luxuries are no longer there, most people now buy land and build rather than spend millions to acquire an already built one so that they can save money, but any buildings that sells quickly are always the ones surrounded by good roads, electricity, clean neighbourhoods and water. So if you are thinking of investing at all you must consider providing most of these infrastuctures, Nigerians love exclusive neighbourhoods. Bad roads is always a turnoff.

Great comments and an eye-opener one too. Your comments are highly appreciated. Will take those into consideration. However you are of the opinion that most people now prefer to buy land rather than already built up apartments. I am still wondering how this could be true. Even if these people will buy land and build as you said, would they not still end up spending millions to build their dream homes? Or would they rather prefer to buy the land and build just anything in order to save money?

Like I mentioned before, I am considering the Lekki-Ajah axis. I stand to be corrected, but the kind of homes I find in this axis are not the types that are built trying to save money. You also mentioned that bankers do not have access to upfront cash to acquire properties these days as used to be obtained. That comment worries me. Are bankers the main target market for properties in Nigeria?
Once again, I really appreciate your candid comments. Let me know what you think about my questions?
Re: Real Estate 'Build & Sell' Project In Lagos (advice & Contributions Needed) by CraigKim: 9:46am On Feb 29, 2012
violent:

could the mods kindly help promote this topic to the front page? I'm also very interested to read people's views on OPs questions.

Thank you for your view on the topic. I agree that more people may also benefit from this topic. How do we make the moderators put this topic on the frontpage? Anyone who can help should kindly do something.
Re: Real Estate 'Build & Sell' Project In Lagos (advice & Contributions Needed) by CraigKim: 8:25pm On Feb 29, 2012
Re: Real Estate 'Build & Sell' Project In Lagos (advice & Contributions Needed) by laroche(m): 5:13pm On Mar 02, 2012
Craig_Kim:

Thank you for your view on the topic. I agree that more people may also benefit from this topic. How do we make the moderators put this topic on the frontpage? Anyone who can help should kindly do something.

Hello Moderators, I believe this topic should go to the front page. Please kindly help to promote it.
Re: Real Estate 'Build & Sell' Project In Lagos (advice & Contributions Needed) by CraigKim: 1:45pm On Mar 04, 2012
Still hoping that the moderators would do something to help promote this thread to the front page to allow for more contribution. Please moderators help do something.
Re: Real Estate 'Build & Sell' Project In Lagos (advice & Contributions Needed) by CraigKim: 11:55am On Mar 05, 2012
Re: Real Estate 'Build & Sell' Project In Lagos (advice & Contributions Needed) by CraigKim: 4:48pm On Mar 07, 2012
Anyone else kind enough to share their knowledge and experience on the topic?
Re: Real Estate 'Build & Sell' Project In Lagos (advice & Contributions Needed) by CraigKim: 8:55pm On Mar 08, 2012
Re: Real Estate 'Build & Sell' Project In Lagos (advice & Contributions Needed) by CraigKim: 10:23am On Mar 10, 2012
Re: Real Estate 'Build & Sell' Project In Lagos (advice & Contributions Needed) by CraigKim: 1:10pm On Mar 14, 2012

(1) (Reply)

4 Plots Of Land For Sale @ Majek #28m / Window Blinds / The Riverline Estate Ogudu Lagos. AKA Mainland Paradise, Buy Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.