Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

How to know people who are new to watching football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How to know people who are new to watching football (2570 Views)

Conversation Between Husband And Wife watching Football Match / Which Football Player Made You To Start Watching Football? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How to know people who are new to watching football by folahann(m): 8:02pm On Oct 19, 2007
grin
Got tips of new supporters of football
1 They support teams who have just started to do well
2 They jumped from team to team according to performance of the team
3 You may want to continue

We have a lot of them at nairaland
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by finekid(m): 8:42pm On Oct 19, 2007
Nna this one na exam? grin
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by folahann(m): 4:55pm On Oct 22, 2007
They are so many supporting one certain team in england
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by tkb417(m): 8:35am On Oct 25, 2007
This guy with plenty bullocks on NL
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 25, 2007
Lovely trend.

You know them by the way they argue:

[list]
[li]Fabregas is better than Lampard
Wenger hates Ronaldinho
some even say Van Der Sar is better than Henry lipsrsealed[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by somze(f): 11:55am On Oct 25, 2007
Oh don't forget Arsene wenger is the best Coach in the world
and German league is superior to English counterparts  grin
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by folahann(m): 11:58am On Oct 25, 2007
Some arguments are so stupid and worthless.
Let us expose them
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by A40(m): 1:46pm On Oct 25, 2007
HINT: On current form Fabregas is actually better
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by folahann(m): 2:46am On Oct 26, 2007
Do you want to know the team most of them are supporting
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by tkb417(m): 8:22am On Oct 26, 2007
ill pick Fabreags ahead of lampard even when he's injured tongue
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by dayokanu(m): 12:39pm On Oct 26, 2007
They support new generation teams like Arsenal and Chelsea. tongue

All those Chelsea supporter ask which team they were supporting 5-10 years ago.

Same with Arsenal ask them which team they were supporting 10-15 years ago if they would be truthful.

Meanwhile it is not a sin to be new to watching football.
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by somze(f): 12:50pm On Oct 26, 2007
Sharrap dia tongue grin
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by folahann(m): 3:12pm On Oct 26, 2007
dayokanu:

YEAH! it is not a sin but let them keep quiet and learn from the experinced ones also let them not bring up foolish arguments
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by Vieira(m): 2:30am On Oct 27, 2007
dayokanu:

They support new generation teams like Arsenal and Chelsea. tongue

All those Chelsea supporter ask which team they were supporting 5-10 years ago.

Same with Arsenal ask them which team they were supporting 10-15 years ago if they would be truthful.

This is how you disgrace yourself. You talk about certain people being new to football and yet you call Arsenal new generation team?

The team with the longest time in top flight football

Only two other teams can claim to have more history!

New generation team. ha ha ha

Now we know the newbies to football.
Maybe if you ask a 20 year old what team he was supporting 15 years ago it might be hard for him to remember when he was 5!
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by Vieira(m): 2:32am On Oct 27, 2007
dason4life:

Lovely trend.

You know them by the way they argue:

[list]
[li]Fabregas is better than Lampard
Wenger hates Ronaldinho
some even say Van Der Sar is better than Henry lipsrsealed[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

Fabregas is better than Lampard.

Van der sar is better than Henry? i wonder where you dey that such a comparison of a golkeeper to a forwrd came about??
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by ritchboy(m): 6:42am On Oct 27, 2007
"they support new generation teams like arsenal or chelsea"
dat must
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by ritchboy(m): 7:09am On Oct 27, 2007
dat must b d dumbest statement ive heard dis year
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by eldee(m): 9:43am On Oct 27, 2007
ritchboy:

that must b d dumbest statement ive heard this year

i second that opinion
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by eldee(m): 9:47am On Oct 27, 2007
@dayokanu
15 years ago, you were watching the english league, lol
and ur posts are still as lame as this
Honestly, the only football team i supported that time was super eagles
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by nnenneigbo(f): 2:10am On Oct 28, 2007
you know them when they start a silly thread like this grin grin
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by debojyde(m): 5:03am On Oct 28, 2007
nnenneigbo:

WORD!! WHAT has "i started watching football b4 u" got 2 do with anything. Abi dem dey give trophy to who first start to watch ball. Nonsense thread.
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by folahann(m): 3:02pm On Oct 28, 2007
nnenneigbo:

You don't need this, if you call this thread silly then you are silly fo posting here.

debojyde:

WORD!! WHAT has "i started watching football before u" got 2 do with anything. Abi them dey give trophy to who first start to watch ball. Nonsense thread.
Let respect be given to those respect is due. you should not have posted here
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by dayokanu(m): 6:25am On Oct 29, 2007
10-15 years ago Arsenal was just another mid table team. The influx of Nigerian fans coincided with the time Kanu Nwakwo joined and that is 1998-1999.

So you may deny it but all these new generation fans can scream but the truth hurts. The number of fans Arsenal had then would be less that the number of Everton fans now in Naija.

@eldee, 15 years ago I was already a fan of Bayern courtesy of the Transtel Football made in Germany we watch those days in Lagos. I caught the bug ever since.
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by ritchboy(m): 7:10am On Oct 29, 2007
"10-15 years ago arsenal was just another mid table team".
now i've confirmed u just started watching football.
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by tkb417(m): 8:24am On Oct 29, 2007
@eldee, 15 years ago I was already a fan of Bayern courtesy of the Transtel Football made in Germany we watch those days in Lagos. I caught the bug ever since.

By the Self acclaimed Football Afficionado. Godwin Dudu Orumen.
But, those werent live games i think.
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by dayokanu(m): 9:17am On Oct 29, 2007
It is a fact that Arsenal was a mid table team those time

Teams like Leeds, Blackburn even Norwich were more reckoned with.
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by bolaoni(m): 9:46am On Oct 29, 2007
10 years ago if I am correct is 1997. Arsenal a mid-table team?

My guy 15 years ago was 1992 if I am correct, Arsenal wasn't a mid-table team then as well.
The days of that fabulous 4: Tony Adams, Winterburn, Nixon and Keown. I remember those
glorious days of Ian Wright and Co and I beg to disagree that the Gooners were midtable
o. If my memory serves me right, they won the last League before the Premiership.

How are they a mid-table team?

tkb, those matches weren't live but they were still something worth looking forward to. wink

Thanks for bringing back memories. kiss
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by dayokanu(m): 10:50am On Oct 29, 2007
10 years ago if I am correct is 1997. Arsenal a mid-table team? Huh Huh

My guy 15 years ago was 1992 if I am correct, Arsenal wasn't a mid-table team then as well.
The days of that fabulous 4: Tony Adams, Winterburn, Nixon and Keown. I remember those
glorious days of Ian Wright and Co and I beg to disagree that the Gooners were midtable
o. If my memory serves me right, they won the last League before the Premiership.

How are they a mid-table team?

tkb, those matches weren't live but they were still something worth looking forward to. Wink

Thanks for bringing back memories.

I don't understand what you mean by Arsenal won the last league before the premiership

The FA Premier League (as it was then known) was formed in 1992 from the clubs in the top division of The Football League, and is currently contested by twenty clubs. In a total of fifteen seasons, the title has been won by only four teams: Manchester United (nine times), Arsenal (three times), Chelsea (twice), and Blackburn Rovers (once).

1991/92 Arsenal was 4th

1992/93 season

1 Manchester United
2 Aston Villa
3 Norwich City
4 Blackburn Rovers
5 Queens Park Rangers
6 Liverpool
7 Sheffield Wednesday
8 Tottenham Hotspur

93/94 Arsenal was 4th

94/95 Arsenal 12th

95/96 Arsenal 5th

96/97 Arsenal 3rd
9 Manchester City
10 Arsenal
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by dayokanu(m): 10:53am On Oct 29, 2007
between 1992 and 1997, Arsenal was between 3rd position (1996/97) the highest and 12th in 1994/95 which is 13 years ago which makes my statement right
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by A40(m): 10:55am On Oct 29, 2007
@dayokanu
Quit spitting fuckery since when did 4th place become a mid-table finish? A team that has won the league 13 times is a midtable club? what wont i hear on NL?
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by dayokanu(m): 11:29am On Oct 29, 2007
@ A-40,
Is it my fault if you cant read English and make sense out of it? That was my quote

10-15 years ago Arsenal was just another mid table team.

now tell me how many of the 13 titles they won between 1992 and 1997 which is 10-15 years ago?
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by dayokanu(m): 11:31am On Oct 29, 2007
Everton finished 4 some years back, does that mean that they are not a mid table team?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FCB Vs Juventus In Ucl-messi Scores 2 Goal To Make 3-0 / Cash Out Today And Smile To The Bank! Scrutinised Odds Daily At No Cost.. / DOWNLOAD VIDEO : Barcelona 1-0 Atletico Madrid Goal And Highlights.mp4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.