Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Benefits working with Daar Communcations? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Benefits working with Daar Communcations? (9304 Views)

Working With National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) / What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? / Working With Arik Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benefits working with Daar Communcations? by kelvincoll(m): 10:52pm On Feb 15, 2012
Hi NLers,

I got a text msg and an email from Doheney services inviting me for the FINAL INTERVIEW with the management of DAAR COMMUNCATIONS this Friday.

Pls i need your help on what to expect.  Also i will like to know the remuneration package involved in DAAR Comms for a Trainee Engineer. 

Ok guys help a Broda here, I will really appreciate, thanks
Re: Benefits working with Daar Communcations? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 16, 2012
Use a blackberry? Add me on BBM! Pin;26BE3874.
Re: Benefits working with Daar Communcations? by niddamugu(m): 4:02pm On Feb 16, 2012
Ask those who have just been sacked today and they will tell you. Just pray that you get the job first. And if the package is not better than what you already have then you either remain where you are or use the platform to boost your CV as one of the places you worked. Wise up brother! angry angry angry angry
Re: Benefits working with Daar Communcations? by Ninapha(f): 4:07pm On Feb 16, 2012
well first thing first, go for the interview first. their pay is average but I hv a cousin who works there and he always complain of non payment of salary.  Its almost natural with most media houses anyway.  But hv u considered the exposure that might give u to communication gadgets.
Re: Benefits working with Daar Communcations? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 16, 2012
Benefit:

If u are a lady and good at what you are doing, u can get married to the big man! That's a hell of a benefit, u get loads and loads of c-m!
Re: Benefits working with Daar Communcations? by kokoye(m): 4:32pm On Feb 16, 2012
niddamugu:

Ask those who have just been sacked today and they will tell you. Just pray that you get the job first. And if the package is not better than what you already have then you either remain where you are or use the platform to boost your CV as one of the places you worked. Wise up brother! angry angry angry angry

good advice.
Re: Benefits working with Daar Communcations? by floriana(m): 5:02pm On Feb 16, 2012
Daar Communications is an ad-hoc organisation. Anything you see you take. Any advice given here will have changed by the time you resume. Take the offer if you don't have anything better to do with your time.
Re: Benefits working with Daar Communcations? by omoboy08(m): 5:09pm On Feb 16, 2012
slimdamatrix:

what of if he/she doesnt ve a crack oh sorry blackberry? Pray u get d job 1st
Re: Benefits working with Daar Communcations? by Afam4eva(m): 8:44pm On Feb 16, 2012
Just know that working for Daar communications means that you'll get old before your time.
Re: Benefits working with Daar Communcations? by kelvincoll(m): 10:25pm On Feb 16, 2012
I wish i did but im sowi i dont, kelvincoll@yahoo.com

Ask those who have just been sacked today and they will tell you. Just pray that you get the job first. And if the package is not better than what you already have then you either remain where you are or use the platform to boost your CV as one of the places you worked. Wise up brother!

Thanks a whole lot, i think i get the msg now

well first thing first, go for the interview first. their pay is average but I hv a cousin who works there and he always complain of non payment of salary. Its almost natural with most media houses anyway. But hv u considered the exposure that might give u to communication gadgets

It is that bad dere? i got the same gist of owed salaries today from a friends too, communication gadget wouldnt pay ma bills

Just know that working for Daar communications means that you'll get old before your time.

lol!

Thanks all, u re some inspiration. I guess i'll keep ma fingers crossed den!
Re: Benefits working with Daar Communcations? by kizito96(m): 10:57pm On Feb 16, 2012
I thought Daar has gone bankrupth
Re: Benefits working with Daar Communcations? by unclesamtech(m): 5:13am On Feb 17, 2012
Endeavor to  know all existing Mobile phones .

if you have any relating questions ; you can call and ask me.

Sam A., M.sc
UNCLESAMTECH
Re: Benefits working with Daar Communcations? by sylve11: 7:15am On Feb 17, 2012
floriana:

Daar Communications is an ad-hoc organisation. Anything you see you take. Any advice given here will have changed by the time you resume. Take the offer if you don't have anything better to do with your time.

i think i like ur yans on this one. cool
Re: Benefits working with Daar Communcations? by MrMurdah: 8:17am On Feb 17, 2012

No benefits bro.

I got a text saying I was primed for a final interview with Management.

When I saw it was Daar?

Damn, even if I was unemployed I would not touch that job with a 30-foot pole.

I got a call telling me to come today. I said I was not interested.

You will be so overworked, a slave-horse's work rate would look like a vacation.

Your salary would be crap and grossly inconsistent.

Don't bother my friend.

I applied there.

By the time I went for the 1st interview and even saw the sordid state of Doheney Services and the grumpy tired look of the staff, I knew they could not give me the type of job I was looking for.

God gave me a job on the island.

6-figure salary with other perks attached.

And that is only the beginning.

If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Just focus and persevere something good will hit you soon.

Glory!
Re: Benefits working with Daar Communcations? by gempo(m): 10:03am On Feb 17, 2012
There is no harm taking the job if you currently don't have anything doing or planning to start up anything right now. The job market is so competitive now that some people don't mind going for an internship for at least six months even without pay as long as they can get valuable experience.
At least you will be earning something even if it is average and not paid regularly as long as you can get valuable experience while waiting for your dream job. Not everybody are lucky to get their dream job as their first job. You never can tell if this will provide the platform for your dream job. Stop looking at bills after all you have no job at the moment and still surviving. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Benefits working with Daar Communcations? by Tokotaya: 11:12am On Feb 17, 2012
The media in Nigeria is going to the dogs. Salaries are owed. Working tools are not provided. Yet they criticise others. Mtcheew!
Re: Benefits working with Daar Communcations? by Pukkah: 11:19am On Feb 17, 2012
DAAR is not a well-run company and there are many signs of liquidity problems.

You may also want to see this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-806027.0.html
Re: Benefits working with Daar Communcations? by kelvincoll(m): 8:22pm On Feb 17, 2012
Stop looking at bills after all you have no job at the moment and still surviving. A word is enough for the wise.

@Gempo i really appreciate your advice from the first paragraph of your post but im not buying into the qouted above. I do have something small doing at the moment thanks to God. im only seeking to build on one's chosen career with a company with better prospects. with the above posts from others and after considering transportation in lagos as well as other logistics involved with survivng, i think like you said
A word is enough for the wise

(1) (Reply)

Job Openings At Kidney Clinics Nigeria( Apply Now) / Voda Paint Calling / Offshore Operations & Technical Job Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.