Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,172 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

The Bible Code And The End Of The Word - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Code And The End Of The Word (1874 Views)

Various Dates Predicted For The End Of The World That Have Failed / 26 Signs We Are Living In The End Time! Don't Ignore / Signs Of The End Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bible Code And The End Of The Word by charlisco(m): 12:50pm On Mar 20, 2006
the film "the bible code" look very interesting and realistic to me
i have little or no idea about it, that is why i post it here for us to discuss,
What do you know about the Bible Code
Is it real?
How does it affect our life
Should we Start believe in it
Does Jesus speak about it

All these and more i will like to know

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/02/16/D8FQAH2G6.html
http://www.stararticle.com/article_, -breathing.html
http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Toron, /30/692794.html
Re: The Bible Code And The End Of The Word by charlisco(m): 12:50pm On Mar 20, 2006
Re: The Bible Code And The End Of The Word by gidig(m): 3:25pm On Mar 20, 2006
I am yet to wtach the film but i do rememeber that there was a man named who wrote a book called the sugnature of God and the detailed all these hidden codes in the bible and how they were very precise in happening.As a christian, I believe that the word of God is tru and that as the end draw near, God will begin to manifest in ways that those who are discerning will know that the Bible is not just an historical book.
Re: The Bible Code And The End Of The Word by gidig(m): 3:31pm On Mar 20, 2006
Yes, the name of mthe author is grant Jefferey and I think the title of the book is the signature of God.Interestingly, the basic research of the Bible codes were done by Non Christian/non Mesiianaic Jews who were only fidling with a supre computer that could do multiple calcualtions.Will try to get the book and reda through.
ps:I remember that the book can not be used to tell the future but every events as they unfold are written in it through codes of the Hebrew alphabet that are number sensitive.
Re: The Bible Code And The End Of The Word by mlksbaby(f): 8:35pm On Mar 20, 2006
I haven't read the Bible Code, so can't speak much about it. The one thing I'd like to say is that whatever one believes in or finds fascinating, it'd be safer to look into and keep to what the Scriptures say on any subject. The reasons why I may not really be bothered or too excited about the Bible Code (even without having read it) include:

1) The bane of setting prophetic dates or calendars. Jesus tells us plainly that it is not for us to know the times or the seasons - these are the prerogatives of the Father (Acts 1:7). For the Christian, it is more important to be ready for the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, which may happen at any moment.

2) It is interesting to note that computer coding of end-time events using the E[/b]quidistant [b]L[/b]etter [b]S[/b]equence (ELS) technique is not unique to the Bible even though some have claimed that only the Bible could yield ELS. Perhaps, quoting a reference might do it better than I could explain:

Responding to an explicit challenge from Drosnin, who claimed that only the Bible could yield ELS,
Australian mathematician Brendan McKay found many ELS letter arrays in [b]Moby Dick
that contain
ELSs related to modern events. Other people, such as US physicist Dave Thomas, found other examples
in many texts. In addition, Drosnin had used the flexibility of Hebrew orthography to his advantage, freely
mixing classic (no vowels, Y and W strictly consonant) and modern (Y and W used to indicate[i] i[/i] and u
vowels) modes, as well as variances in spelling of K and T, to wrench out the desired meaning. In his
television series John Safran vs God, Australian television personality John Safran worked successfully
with McKay to look for evidence of the September 11 terrorist attacks on New York in the lyrics of
Vanilla Ice's repertoire.

(see reference here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_code )

What this means is that the Bible Code does not guarantee a surefire prophetic message of end time events as confidently as does the Bible. There are many subjects involved in the prophetic drama than are covered by the Bible Code and such other literary works. As noted by gidig, the Bible Code can not be used to tell the future; whereas the prophecies of the Bible warn about things which are yet to occur in a futuristic and predictive manner.

3) On the whole, the illustrations of the Bible Code are intriguing indeed. However, it helps to see the bigger and more complete picture in what the Bible itself says on any subject for that matter.
Re: The Bible Code And The End Of The Word by gidig(m): 7:31pm On Mar 21, 2006
I totally agree with mlks_baby and she has really given some insights into this whole thing that I had not thought about or heard of before.The critical thing is to keep our focus on Him and not be disuaded by what science can prove of God or disprove for that matter.

In the days that are approaching,more and more people will manifest a brazen disrergard for the word of God because even Jesus himself said so.A few months ago when a series of Hurricanes hit the American continent and someone asked me how hurricanes are formed, I wanted to give what I remember of my geography class in secondary school but it then dawned on me that it is God that keeps the elements in check by the boundaries He has set for them.

Science can seek to explain the things that God create but He is still the creator.

I digress.Sorry.but I really agree with mls_baby. really would like to stay in touch.thanks for the learning!
Re: The Bible Code And The End Of The Word by mlksbaby(f): 3:26am On Mar 22, 2006
Glad to be of help - and yes, would like to stay in touch. Welcome anytime. cheesy
Re: The Bible Code And The End Of The Word by allonym: 11:31pm On Mar 22, 2006
its always amazing these codes.

Funny how they never predict the future, they only reveal stuff I already know.

Whoa. . .the bible code revealed things I know. . .maybe I'm the true bible
Re: The Bible Code And The End Of The Word by welborn(m): 4:19am On Mar 24, 2006
Must you really go this far to be ridiculous? If you don't believe in the Bible, why do you strain yourself so much to babble in every thread and make it so obvious? The Bible Code is not the same thing as the Bible, so don't try to make a fool of yourself in quipping that maybe you're the true Bible. There's a very thick line between making good sense and sounding off uncivil. What are you trying to achieve with an attitude like that?
Re: The Bible Code And The End Of The Word by KAG: 4:56am On Mar 24, 2006
Here you go: http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/moby.html, "The Moby Dick codes".

If only someone had thought to warn JFK

what about Rabin?

I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions.
Re: The Bible Code And The End Of The Word by allonym: 5:30am On Mar 24, 2006
welborn:

Must you really go this far to be ridiculous? If you don't believe in the Bible, why do you strain yourself so much to babble in every thread and make it so obvious? The Bible Code is not the same thing as the Bible, so don't try to make a fool of yourself in quipping that maybe you're the true Bible. There's a very thick line between making good sense and sounding off uncivil. What are you trying to achieve with an attitude like that?

I'm the one who is ridiculous? You don't see anything ridiculous in the stupid bible code? Who is fooling who? If there is a bible code, then obviously, I must be God.
Re: The Bible Code And The End Of The Word by gidig(m): 2:52pm On Mar 24, 2006
This is almost like a Deja vu.Why is it that this is such a common practice to this forum.One minute, someone raises a significant issue that draws commnents that nourshes the mind as well as open one to other perceptions;then someone comes on and makes a statement that is so , off.

I thought we were having a lovely discuussion here until allonym comes in.I am not angry with you for your statement but what informs it.This is the religion part of the thread and you already know that this is a christain topic.There are other platforms where you can post your opinions. You are not the Bible and you already know that. I use this forum because it is an oppurtuntiy to learn.

please do not start one of those childish fights here. please!There are more than enough places for displaying that kind of attitude not here.
Re: The Bible Code And The End Of The Word by mlksbaby(f): 4:06pm On Mar 24, 2006
gidig - thanks for that. wink

welborn, it's obvious: the Bible code is not the Bible.

allonym, the bible code - stupid or ridiculous - does not make you God; unless as gidig says, you just want to "start one of those childish fights here". . . then you're in a world of your own.
Re: The Bible Code And The End Of The Word by allonym: 4:51pm On Mar 24, 2006
gidig:

This is almost like a Deja vu.Why is it that this is such a common practice to this forum.One minute, someone raises a significant issue that draws commnents that nourshes the mind as well as open one to other perceptions;then someone comes on and makes a statement that is so , off.

I thought we were having a lovely discuussion here until allonym comes in.I am not angry with you for your statement but what informs it.This is the religion part of the thread and you already know that this is a christain topic.There are other platforms where you can post your opinions. You are not the Bible and you already know that. I use this forum because it is an oppurtuntiy to learn.

please do not start one of those childish fights here. please!There are more than enough places for displaying that kind of attitude not here.

Let me correct you now. There is nothing christian about any biblical code nonsense. If anything, this belongs in the joke section. Your mock displeasure is hilarious.
Re: The Bible Code And The End Of The Word by gidig(m): 7:24pm On Mar 24, 2006
There is nothing ' mock' about my displeasure. I heard a version of the codse and someone brought a fresh insight which I acknowledged.If someoe presents a superior idea, I am willing and reday to learn.Maybe, I should not have shown any displeasure. am sorry.
I read other threads in this fotrum and frankly, i dont care to join becuase anyways, I do not have a passion for some of the hings they talk about.And I will not joi just to proof a point.
What I notice is that people just hide behind the webs 'invicibility' to make statements that do not contribute anything to the topic and hey break the flow just for the fun of it.

that is what I notice in Nairaland and I simply asumde that this is a chrstian related thread,there should be some decorum and we can learn from one another a well as being an example to others.

Once again, I am sorry I sounded too harsh; I set a very high standard for christians!
Re: The Bible Code And The End Of The Word by mlksbaby(f): 7:50pm On Mar 24, 2006
allonym:

Let me correct you now. There is nothing christian about any biblical code nonsense. If anything, this belongs in the joke section. Your mock displeasure is hilarious.

Well, there you are! Whoever said that there was anything 'Christian' about the bible code? Your problem is that the moment you see the word 'bible' in 'bible code', your stomach churns so that you could no longer differentiate between what's the Bible Code and the Bible itself. That's an amazing naivety if not outright bias or prejudice on your part. Go back and read the threads carefully and you'll notice that no one's equating the bible code with the Bible itself - except you, and you alone!

So, let me ask: would your petty arguments say the same thing about 'Moby Dick' for you? At least, we all know that 'Moby Dick' and the Bible are not the same, but Moby Dick works in just the same way as the 'Bible Code.' If Moby Dick only revealed things you already know, does that make you 'the true Moby Dick?' Do you now connect the dots? Just because 'the bible code' does not predict the future doesn't mean you should be so given to excessive and often trivial rambling as to claim you are now the true Bible. Christians do not read or interpret the Bible or biblical prophecies by any codes - whether the 'bible/torah code', 'Vanilla Ice' or 'Moby Dick'. If you can't afford to be 'gentlemanly' about this, please by all means continue to expose your ignorance.
Re: The Bible Code And The End Of The Word by allonym: 8:50pm On Mar 24, 2006
Perhaps I'm an idiot. . .or perhaps all of you are idiots.

Try reading the original post.

Are you seriously telling me that the original poster had nothing to do with christianity?

I guess I've just lost my ability to understand english.

mlks_baby:

I haven't read the Bible Code, so can't speak much about it. The one thing I'd like to say is that whatever one believes in or finds fascinating, it'd be safer to look into and keep to what the Scriptures say on any subject. The reasons why I may not really be bothered or too excited about the Bible Code (even without having read it) include:

1) The bane of setting prophetic dates or calendars. Jesus tells us plainly that it is not for us to know the times or the seasons - these are the prerogatives of the Father (Acts 1:7). For the Christian, it is more important to be ready for the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, which may happen at any moment.

2) It is interesting to note that computer coding of end-time events using the E[/b]quidistant [b]L[/b]etter [b]S[/b]equence (ELS) technique is not unique to the Bible even though some have claimed that only the Bible could yield ELS. Perhaps, quoting a reference might do it better than I could explain:

Responding to an explicit challenge from Drosnin, who claimed that only the Bible could yield ELS,
Australian mathematician Brendan McKay found many ELS letter arrays in [b]Moby Dick
that contain
ELSs related to modern events. Other people, such as US physicist Dave Thomas, found other examples
in many texts. In addition, Drosnin had used the flexibility of Hebrew orthography to his advantage, freely
mixing classic (no vowels, Y and W strictly consonant) and modern (Y and W used to indicate[i] i[/i] and u
vowels) modes, as well as variances in spelling of K and T, to wrench out the desired meaning. In his
television series John Safran vs God, Australian television personality John Safran worked successfully
with McKay to look for evidence of the September 11 terrorist attacks on New York in the lyrics of
Vanilla Ice's repertoire.

(see reference here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_code )

What this means is that the Bible Code does not guarantee a surefire prophetic message of end time events as confidently as does the Bible. There are many subjects involved in the prophetic drama than are covered by the Bible Code and such other literary works. As noted by gidig, the Bible Code can not be used to tell the future; whereas the prophecies of the Bible warn about things which are yet to occur in a futuristic and predictive manner.

3) On the whole, the illustrations of the Bible Code are intriguing indeed. However, it helps to see the bigger and more complete picture in what the Bible itself says on any subject for that matter.

Look at you talking about the implication of the bible code for christians. . . look, you even mention the bible. . .WHOAA . , i must be on drugs. . . tell me I'm the only one who sees that.

There is no way, YOU could just have posted what you did. . . .
Re: The Bible Code And The End Of The Word by allonym: 8:51pm On Mar 24, 2006
BTW, mlks, since WHEN does someone have to say something for me to talk about it?

The original poster asked what implications does the bible code have on our lives. The poster mentioned what Jesus has to say about it. Pardon me for assuming Jesus has anything to do with Christians. Pardon me that this is a religion forum. Pardon me that someone accused me of not being christian and for that reason, I should not be in this thread.

Perhaps you and everyone attacking me should get together, devise a unified strategy, then have a go at it. Otherwise, you all end up looking like fools, one person claiming there is nothing christian about this, the other claiming that everyone here is having a christian discussion and I should get out.

In case you are confused:

gidig:

I thought we were having a lovely discuussion here until allonym comes in.I am not angry with you for your statement but what informs it. [b]This is the religion part of the thread and you already know that this is a christain topic.[/b]There are other platforms where you can post your opinions. You are not the Bible and you already know that. I use this forum because it is an oppurtuntiy to learn.

I added the bold in this quote, just for you mlks_baby, just for you
Re: The Bible Code And The End Of The Word by mlksbaby(f): 11:08pm On Mar 24, 2006
allonym,

I should've known you were just sporting for a petty fight, but no thanks - I have more important things to do than educate you on your ignorance. I see you're getting worked up, and that's good in so far as you're the only one foaming in the mouth cheesy

In fair play, let me calm your nerves by addressing your interjections:

"I guess I've just lost my ability to understand english."
Okay, cool. There's always a good chance to learn - we all do, and that's why the Forum is open for meaningful contributions and not fights.

"look, you even mention the bible. . .WHOAA . , i must be on drugs. . . tell me I'm the only one who sees that."
When your drugs have worn off, we probably might have a good chat and move forward.

"Are you seriously telling me that the original poster had nothing to do with christianity?"
So he did - in what context? Just because you see the words 'Bible' and 'Christian' does not mean those speaking about the topic of the thread are equating the Bible Code to the Bible itself, because if that were the case, you'd be saying that Moby Dick and Vanilla Ice are in the same category - which clearly is not. If the handler of the thread made reference to Christianity and you read the original post well, you'll see he was NOT equating the bible code with the Bible/Christianity as you're trying to make out. Did you not read that he was asking questions and inviting a good discussion on the subject of the "Bible Code" - "Should we Start believe in it" was his question, and so far my original and consistent reply has been that we should not equate the 'Bible Code' with the Bible itself. So, just because this was more a Christian discussion does not mean anyone should just be arrogant so far as to say that he/she has become 'the true Bible'. If you don't know anything about the Bible Code, Moby Dick, or Vanilla Ice, then save face and don't cause yourself further embarrassments.

And, my dear sir, I was not talking about the implication of the Bible Code for Christians - read me well. I would rather discuss the implications of the Bible itself - not that of the Bible Code. My writeup stated clearly that I am not bothered or too excited about the Bible Code, and I hope you didn't read that under candle light or a cigarrette lighter. The original handler of the thread did not 'mention what Jesus had to say about it'; he only asked if Jesus spoke about it - big difference.

"BTW, mlks, since WHEN does someone have to say something for me to talk about it?"
Excuse me? If you didn't have to talk about something that someone says, what's all the hoo-ha you've been making for all this while? It's not my problem - it's yours. If you MUST say something, try talking like a grown up and not stretching things.

All the same, thank you for your generousity in adding the bold in gidig's reply - just for me. . .oooh, just for me! cheesy
I'm so touched with your kindness, even though I read and understood her well the first time.
Re: The Bible Code And The End Of The Word by allonym: 11:24pm On Mar 24, 2006
mlks_baby:

All the same, thank you for your generousity in adding the bold in gidig's reply - just for me. . .oooh, just for me! cheesy
I'm so touched with your kindness, even though I read and understood her well the first time.

Really, you understood the FIRST time you read it?

Funny, according to this, it seems like you DIDN'T understand:

mlks_baby:

So he did - in what context? Just because you see the words 'Bible' and 'Christian' does not mean those speaking about the topic of the thread are equating the Bible Code to the Bible itself, because if that were the case, you'd be saying that Moby Dick and Vanilla Ice are in the same category - which clearly is not. If the handler of the thread made reference to Christianity and you read the original post well, you'll see he was NOT equating the bible code with the Bible/Christianity as you're trying to make out.

Whether you like my opinions or not, they were perfectly ON TOPIC.
Re: The Bible Code And The End Of The Word by TYPOP(m): 1:44pm On Mar 25, 2006
@allonym

I'm getting concerned about you. What do you look like? Where are you? Are you always like this? I have questions for you. Must you always look for trouble? Whats your real name? . . . .

If you must look for trouble, get out of a religious forum and go to the general discussions. Candid advice, no hassles and with love.
Re: The Bible Code And The End Of The Word by gidig(m): 2:20pm On Mar 25, 2006
Since we have managed to reach a clear concensus, mlks_baby had a wonderful rejoinder to he initial response to the post, does any person have another contribution for a mind willing to learn?
Re: The Bible Code And The End Of The Word by syrup(f): 3:03am On May 20, 2006
Codes. . .codes. . .codes - they abound in our time, and it's all about "secrets". We heard about the Bible Code; then the mysterious Hebrew Codes; and now the Da Vinci Code, which has become a household name.

Besides, there have been other codes as well: believe it or not, a Scottish composer sees a link between the DVC and the carvings in the ROSSLYN Chapel as holding many secrets (Cracking another code at Rossyln Chapel). Oh well, there's no albino who goes hunting down a Prof to murder in this one; but you might find a surprising note frozen there which Stuart Mitchell has thawed. It's about music frozen in cubed stones, in hope that when played on medieval instruments in situ, will resonate throughout the chapel unlocking a secret in the stone. Prophetic? Predictive? So, what was Rosslyn chapel hiding or suppressing this time?

Everyone uses codes these days. To log in to Nairaland, your password is like a code, otherwise you can't get into the secrets of this Forum. One of the most interesting codes in recent times is the one that keeps everyone going - where we're all trying to unravel the secrets of everyone else. . . of course, in many cases, we don't really seem to have anything at stake. grin
Re: The Bible Code And The End Of The Word by allonym: 7:09am On May 20, 2006
TYPOP:

@allonym

I'm getting concerned about you. What do you look like?

I. . . .lookie like a man. . .

TYPOP:

Where are you? Are you always like this? I have questions for you. Must you always look for trouble? Whats your real name? . . . .

I don't see this as trouble. Certainly, nothing I'm doing should get anyone on the wrong side of the law. I like to challange people preconceptions or sometimes state things I think are wrong or that I disagree with. There are some subjects which I find interesting and can have lengthy discussions with someone about them even though we agree. However, there are few such topics on nairaland (not that this is a bad thing) [not that there are few topics with which I agree, just few which I find it interesting to continue to discuss my agreement with other people], so I choose to participate in topics of which I disagree with the main or which would challenge people. Those are more interesting to me. I'm not offended by people disagreeing with me. It doesn't hurt my feelings. I like when people can present good (lengthy if need be) arguments against my position. I suppose most people when faced with something like that feel like they are being attacked. As for me, it makes me feel that someone respects me (or my opinion) enough to spend the time to try to educate me (however misguided on their part - haha) that i'm wrong. So, I don't see it as trouble, I see it as a nice discussion.

TYPOP:

If you must look for trouble, get out of a religious forum and go to the general discussions. Candid advice, no hassles and with love.

So, no, i'm not looking for trouble - I especially don't expect to find it in a religious forum. I'm sorry if my disagreement bothers people. . .but look on the bright side, I'm so busy lately, i'm barely here to cause "trouble". So, indulge me in these few moments that I get to engage my fellow nigerians.

(1) (Reply)

Have U Christians Heard Of The Council Of Nicea? / Stop Worshiping Mythological Saviors / Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.