Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,063 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? (3411 Views)

Nigerian Ambassador To South Africa Hosts Super Eagles Team At His House. Pics / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 16, 2012
Whenever the so-called super eagles are playing, we have more cases of high and low B.P patients in our hospitals and local pharmacy shops, more cases of people dying or getting injured while trying to watch super eagles match after NEPA (PHCN) must have done their usual light outage, more cases of Police harassing and indiscriminately arresting innocent youths who must have gone to watch super eagle fail,  more cases of men kicking their televisions out of the TV stand in anger, more troubled home, when super eagles lose as usual and husband refuses to eat his wife's food and even go as far as denying her emotional love and attention at nights, more fights at schools when students argue on the reason why super eagles lost, more tribal fight when a certain player from certain tribe caused the loss, more accusing fingers to the government and everybody, and in fact, more trouble for the nation. So in all, I strongly believe that Nigerians are happier without super eagles, please let's hear your opinion on this. 
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by babaowo: 2:11pm On Feb 16, 2012
@ op Not sure really, because you just pointed out the disadvantages only,what about the advantages.
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by Emmysteve(m): 2:21pm On Feb 16, 2012
What about the advantages like unity and the rest? Imagine me huging an old man, even old enough to be my grand father at the tym Nigeria score goal. Talk about d positive aspect jor.
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by LagosBoi2(m): 2:21pm On Feb 16, 2012
fresh air, they are always dissapointing, It's been decades i celebrated real victory about supper super eagles.
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 16, 2012
I have no business with Nigeria football
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by Funkymallam(m): 2:27pm On Feb 16, 2012
If a team like arsenal can still boast of fans in Nigeria, y not d eagles?

They are much needed.
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by Coefficient(m): 2:30pm On Feb 16, 2012
Am not against those in support of super eagles bt as for me, its a no go area. Am too young to die!
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by kristiansmart: 2:39pm On Feb 16, 2012
I agree with you.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img] grin
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by onila(f): 2:56pm On Feb 16, 2012
the last time i watched super eagles play i had severe fever undecided
the team increases yr high blood pressure
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 16, 2012
Emmysteve:

What about the advantages like unity and the rest? Imagine me huging an old man, even old enough to be my grand father at the tym Nigeria score goal. Talk about d positive aspect jor.
If only they were able to score right? And how many times did we expect Yakubu to score just one goal to give us a gate pass during South Africa 2010, and he couldn't do it, even why there was no goalkeeper in the post? And you're still expecting him to score now that he had been re-invited to kill more Nigerians? Not for me, not for my boys!, lolz, maybe, why you speak like this is because your family don't have a trace of high blood pressure or heart attack, but wait, I bet that merciless Yakubu and Keita the terrorist, will soon send you to the emergency unit of your nearest hospital, lolz
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 16, 2012
If you guys are looking for something to unite Nigerians, watch the local leagues, join a better international team like, Barcelona, Chelsea (Lolz), Man U (pls ignore, it was a mistake, lolz), Man City, Arsenal (pls I didn't recommend o, to avoid being sued for causing someone heart attack, lolz), with those clubs, you will surely unite with even the ants in your house, lolz, not SUPER DRAGONS, LOLZ, maybe, we also need a change of name and jersey for Super Eagles like their Police and NEPA brothers, what do you guys think?
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by denony(m): 3:24pm On Feb 16, 2012
I am only happy when watching my Manchester United
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by denony(m): 3:24pm On Feb 16, 2012
super eagles ni, super chicken ko
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by fred2265: 3:46pm On Feb 16, 2012
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by Coefficient(m): 3:50pm On Feb 16, 2012
Yesterday, dy beat Liberia 2-0. If dy like, make dem beat Brazil 10 nil. Dats deir cup of tea. Its sheer waste of ample time watching sluggish passes n tired legs. Even more irritating is their hairstyles, imagine meeting Taye Taiwo in a dark alley with dat hairstyle of his, lol
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 16, 2012
Coefficient:

Yesterday, dy beat Liberia 2-0. If dy like, make dem beat Brazil 10 nil. Dats deir cup of tea. Its sheer waste of ample time watching sluggish passes n tired legs. Even more irritating is their hairstyles, imagine meeting Taye Taiwo in a dark alley with dat hairstyle of his, lol
Makes him look so scary like a village babalawo, hahaha, Africans self, hahaha, see all of them with that ugly hairstyle during the AFCON game, socks, please someone should advice Taye T. to change his hairstyle and let them stop making hair, their original hair is okay jare, better players don't ponder much on hair, lolz
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 16, 2012
Use a blackberry? Add me on BBM! Pin;26BE3874.
English speaking persons only!
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by niddamugu(m): 4:22pm On Feb 16, 2012
onila:

the last time i watched super eagles play i had severe fever undecided
the team increases yr high blood pressure
Same for me here sad sad sad
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by ortopazz(m): 4:52pm On Feb 16, 2012
am not, I always still believe in the m though
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by velo10: 5:06pm On Feb 16, 2012
The best period of watching super eagles was 1994-1998. Unfortunately, dat was during the time of Abacha we so much despise.
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by imoleayo55(m): 5:15pm On Feb 16, 2012
Funkymallam:

If a team like arsenal can still boast of fans in Nigeria, y not d eagles?

They are much needed.
wetin u dey yarn now,,,,eagles and arsenal belong to d same class?
As for me, i stopped watching them since 2004 and concentrate on my chelsea, even when the Blues fail, there is always a chance of dem bouncing back, but e be like say super eagles elastic don cut, dem no fit bounce back rara
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by priceit: 5:35pm On Feb 16, 2012
it's really bad how people forget about the good things we appreciate from them, how they make us proud of the green white green. Anyway naija ppl never get enough satisfaction in any thing, talk of the good works of those men, not the bad onces.
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by niddamugu(m): 5:47pm On Feb 16, 2012
price it:

it's really bad how people forget about the good things we appreciate from them, how they make us proud of the green white green. Anyway naija ppl never get enough satisfaction in any thing, talk of the good works of those men, not the bad onces.

They have been very inconsistent. Besides, when last did they achieve anything or even play to your delight? Before now, we were sure of the "Golden Bronze", then what? We stopped winning the same medal. And now, pam para para! We stopped qualifying for the nations cup. So tell me the good things to remember about the recent crop of egocentric footballers we have. In fact, Zambia is the team of the moment joooooo!
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by JayCee2010: 12:52am On Feb 17, 2012
Ever since d world cup fiasco and their failure to qualify for AFCON, I have given up hope on d eagles.

All d "mumu" friendlies in the world won't help our team if they can't qualify and perform well in international competitions.

Right now we have droped several points on FiFA ranking. Shame. The problem is more than the coach and the players; its the NFF as a whole that is ruining nigerian football.

I miss d eagles of 1994 cry
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by supaeagles(m): 1:50am On Feb 17, 2012
it is all a phase,  with the right attitude and rigorous training, involving returning to the basics,  super eagles will one day bring back the glory days to nairaland,  even boko haram will declare cease fire then  grin
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by kannymoore(m): 7:37am On Feb 17, 2012
All the supporters of arsenal have ₪☺ basis for comparing the super eagles with arsenal. At least the Super eagles can boast of carting away a bronze in almost every Nation's cup, What has Arsenal achieved in like Forever? Have they even won Champions league sef? At least during these trophyless seasons of Arsenal, the super eagles have won at least two or three bronze medals. Yes at times the eagles flounder but when was the last time the super eagles lost 4-0 in any match?, eh!, Whereas within the past three years, Arsenal, with all their stars go dey chop defeat like mumu!, Th same year Messi destroyed arsenal, he coiuldnt even score against our weakest super eagles team at the world cup. And for those criticising Yakubu, Shebi he still scored a goal in that same match via penalty in the world cup. Di messi even score at all in the world cup sef!!!? NA WA FOR U HATERS!!! SUPER EAGLES FOR LIFE!
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by dj5naira(m): 10:23am On Feb 17, 2012
No, we are happiest.
niddamugu:

They have been very inconsistent. Besides, when last did they achieve anything or even play to your delight? Before now, we were sure of the "Golden Bronze", then what? We stopped winning the same medal. And now, pam para para! We stopped qualifying for the nations cup. So tell me the good things to remember about the recent crop of egocentric footballers we have. In fact, Zambia is the team of the moment joooooo!
On point!
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by begwong: 1:41pm On Feb 17, 2012
Op,happy? Yes! I now watch only nigerian league with Eyimba as my fav team. Fvck shelsea, basa, azz-nal, liver-less,mayu(winch in hausa) .etc
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by FRANKLINTON(m): 1:50pm On Feb 17, 2012
I will always support the SUPER EAGLES and other Nigeria's national teams. Simple
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by mensdept: 3:55pm On Feb 17, 2012
kannymoore:

All the supporters of arsenal have ₪☺ basis for comparing the super eagles with arsenal. At least the Super eagles can boast of carting away a bronze in almost every Nation's cup, What has Arsenal achieved in like Forever? Have they even won Champions league sef? At least during these trophyless seasons of Arsenal, the super eagles have won at least two or three bronze medals. Yes at times the eagles flounder but when was the last time the super eagles lost 4-0 in any match?, eh!, Whereas within the past three years, Arsenal, with all their stars go dey chop defeat like mumu!, Th same year Messi destroyed arsenal, he coiuldnt even score against our weakest super eagles team at the world cup. And for those criticising Yakubu, Shebi he still scored a goal in that same match via penalty in the world cup. Di messi even score at all in the world cup sef!!!? NA WA FOR U HATERS!!! SUPER EAGLES FOR LIFE!

Nonsense. Super Eagles for life and that is it.

You folks dont have high standards for yourselves.

For your info, Arsenal, and the entire North London district is better than the "Super" Eagles and "Nigeria".
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by bingbagbo(m): 4:03pm On Feb 17, 2012
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles? by kannymoore(m): 5:00pm On Feb 17, 2012
mens dept:

Nonsense. Super Eagles for life and that is it.

You folks dont have high standards for yourselves.

For your info, Arsenal, and the entire North London district is better than the "Super" Eagles and "Nigeria".

Oga Men's Dept, Explain yourself. What do u mean by high standards! Oh okay. Make Ȋ̝̊ use England naw! Shebi u don bellefull! Oya how many trophies England don win for football as pe se na dem even invent the game?
Ngwannu!
How MANY?!

The yeye country sef ₪☺ fit even qualify for the last edition of their own version of nations cup Sef!, Complete with all their Premiership stars! Did heavens fall? Biko, Abeg Waka go siddon somewhere o jare!

(1) (Reply)

Adorable Photos of Anthony Joshua’s Baby Mama And His Son (Photos) / The Moment Tyson Fury Licked The Bl00d Of Deontay Wilder / Djokovic Defeats Murray In Shanghai Rolex Masters Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.