Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? - Music Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? (12675 Views)

The Best Music Producer In The World. / Who Is The Best Gospel Music Producer In Town / How To Become A Music Producer For Famous Artistes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by leereekz: 6:40pm On Nov 09, 2007
yo homeboi get off my case men!! wagwan wiv u ? you do ur research men,
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by eldee(m): 7:53pm On Nov 09, 2007
young_digi:

why do u choose Cobhams? tell em some good songs he has produced
Ok, cobhams did

Fuji(Dare Art Alade)
Escalade(Dare Art Alade)
Cry(Modenine)
Ego(Djinee)
and some i can't remember
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by youngdigi(m): 8:14pm On Nov 09, 2007
eldee, thank u jare, better person

leerekz, dont feel too special, before making those posts, i searched all over the internet but couldn't find anything except "cry", which i don't think is enough for some ppl here to say he's the best producer, thats the reason i been asking ppl who felt he was the best to produce some songs he had done, hence u coming on here feeling so confident, i thot u knew wat u were talkin about, but apprently u cudnt even answer a simple question
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by skingo(m): 6:20pm On Nov 10, 2007
cobhmas is hot. but sossick, laylow and ojb are pretty talented and e dey show for their sounds. i think cobhams makes one of those good songs once in a while.

meanwhile speaking of sossick,
he made this beat for farabale.
correct shege
http://download.yousendit.com/5577BB244DAE90FE
sauce kid- farabale remix.

http://www.myspace.com/sossick
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by anusule(m): 9:27pm On Nov 10, 2007
ojb is nigeria's version of timberland. cool
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by youngmayor(m): 1:14am On Nov 11, 2007
whts up folks im young mayor , always waned to invent somthing like a plane that run on WATER , or something like that but insted i got the reciepe for stin toning, does not bleach , just reduces the action of the melanin and serves as sunfilter , ie, it filters just vitamin d and blocks the rest when you bathe in the morning everyday you will see what i mean, and contains no HYDROQUINE.MECURY,ALUMINIUM,SUNSCREEN, OR ANY CANCER RELATED ATTRACTING INGREDIENT its fresh mix natural plants and natural chemicals
THE PLANT<FILTERS THE VITAMIN D AND BLOCKS THE RAYS THAT MAKE THE SKIN ULTRA VIOLET AND BLACK>
THE NATURAL CHEMICALS<refreshes the skin while you are asleep, bringing the melanin to a natural low level>
.,, wondering how i got the formular, i studied tanning creams that beyonce.shakira.eve and all these celebreties use, tthe sun tan creams simply increases the melanin level and retain ultra violet rays so when they bathe,shower or sleep the effect is permernent , thats why they go to the swimming poool after suntaning
i produce strictly on order since i don't use preservative so as to avoid side effect
witha gurantee of 40% toning after 3weeks 70%after a month 100%after 2 months
and u are sure of not getting black knuckles ,elbows ,knees and toe joints,
email me , b4limits4real@yahoo.com, phone no*08087416817
smile ,laugh thats the primary young looking ingredients
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by youngmayor(m): 1:18am On Nov 11, 2007
whts up folks im young mayor , always waned to invent somthing like a plane that run on WATER , or something like that but insted i got the reciepe for stin toning, does not bleach , just reduces the action of the melanin and serves as sunfilter , ie, it filters just vitamin d and blocks the rest when you bathe in the morning everyday you will see what i mean, and contains no HYDROQUINE.MECURY,ALUMINIUM,SUNSCREEN, OR ANY CANCER RELATED ATTRACTING INGREDIENT its fresh mix natural plants and natural chemicals
THE PLANT<FILTERS THE VITAMIN D AND BLOCKS THE RAYS THAT MAKE THE SKIN ULTRA VIOLET AND BLACK>
THE NATURAL CHEMICALS<refreshes the skin while you are asleep, bringing the melanin to a natural low level>
.,, wondering how i got the formular, i studied tanning creams that beyonce.shakira.eve and all these celebreties use, tthe sun tan creams simply increases the melanin level and retain ultra violet rays so when they bathe,shower or sleep the effect is permernent , thats why they go to the swimming poool after suntaning
i produce strictly on order since i don't use preservative so as to avoid side effect
witha gurantee of 40% toning after 3weeks 70%after a month 100%after 2 months
and u are sure of not getting black knuckles ,elbows ,knees and toe joints,
email me , b4limits4real@yahoo.com, phone no*08087416817
smile ,laugh thats the primary young looking ingredients
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by mystikal(m): 12:57pm On Nov 11, 2007
cobhams
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by LORD101(m): 4:45pm On Nov 11, 2007
Cobhams also produced Faze Alone by Faze
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by tenor(m): 10:22am On Nov 12, 2007
Do you all know that Cobham's has some sort of contract with Sony BMG. He is arguably the best producer around. The other producers recognize his

depth in production and adore him. At the 2006 hip hop world awards when Don Jazzy was given the best producer award, he dedicated the award to

Cobhams (a fellow nominee). Asa (the dread locked singer of the "eiye adaba fame) is signed on to a French label "Naive records". Cobhams was

contracted by the label to be one of the producers on the album. He has done a lot of of jobs for artistes. Dare's escalade and Fuji, Dekunle Fuji's

"lele", Djinee's "ego" and "i no dey shame", Faze's "faze alone", etc. Most of your adverts scores are done by him. One of the most impressive being his

remake of Enrique Iglesias song "Hero" for the MTN's "Life is Beautiful" ad, where the guy and girl were dancing. Yeah he sang and produced

everything, i bet you all thought it was enrique! He is a multi instrumentalist, plays the guitar (acoustic and bass), piano, conga and jazz drums and

also sings better than most singers around. Because of this he's the most expensive to work with. so he works with select artistes and clients. He

always in and out cos his services are in high demand outside too. He is not a noise maker. He just gets the job done right!
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by radiodj(m): 11:34pm On Nov 24, 2007
Producers are often limited to genre in naija. So, we'd have to a few "best producers", each in their own field.

So, I'd go for OJB, Wole Oni, Chris Okoro, Deep June, Mr Skillz, Cobhams, Jamix and Omololu.

For impact on the industry: OJB.

For versatility and genre-crossing: Omololu.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by souljahman: 1:33pm On Nov 27, 2007
cobhams of course, who else, i am an upcoming producer and i yes i do have an ear for music. donjazzy is creative dats why i rate next 2 cobhams. there is no kind of song that cobhams can not produce from soul, accoustic soul, pop name it even party/dance tracks. he is versatile and dats wat makes a producer. a producer is not just a beat maker plz if na so i too much for production. ask a music producer to lecture u about music production.

peace
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by mokei(m): 3:36pm On Nov 27, 2007
men this is really hard but here are my top five though all are so gud
1.cobizy grin grin
2.ojb grin grin
3.don jazzy grin grin
4.jamix grin grin
5.g-lynx grin grin
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by nduaj(m): 9:45am On Mar 13, 2008
Have you guys heard of J-Martins ? the guy is very good. He produced the latest P SQUARE album that has got the whole nation dancing
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by lafile(m): 2:10pm On Mar 13, 2008
Cobhams by far. Production is not just about giving dope beats.
@tenor, I love your post.
MOSA should also be on the list. He produced one of the best albums ever done in Nigeria - Ty Bello's Greenland.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by deola1(m): 8:37pm On Mar 14, 2008
why dont u mention Id cabasa, he's good too but Don Jazzy is the best
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by dominique(f): 11:30am On Mar 15, 2008
id cabasa is da bomb, next to cobhams then don jazzy
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by aviela(f): 4:26pm On Mar 17, 2008
Cobhams
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by Lakeside(m): 5:17pm On Mar 17, 2008
its the don himself DON JAZZY, fiiiiiiiiiiiile don touch it. go c the video. Ikechukue and mo hit all star. talk less booty call plues other videos. Omo no story. leave it for the DON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by tosinadeda: 6:09pm On Mar 17, 2008
cohbams for life
produced the best album to ever come out of naija ( asa's album )
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by hotshawlng(m): 6:39pm On Mar 17, 2008
Have you worked with all the producers in Nigeria?
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by zealy: 1:35pm On Mar 28, 2008
it's very hard to tell cos nigeria has a whole lot of good producers. But here are the list of hot producers i know:
- iD Cabasa
- Cobhams
- OJB
- Don jazzy
- Jamix
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by markolini(m): 4:44pm On Mar 28, 2008
i'ts cobhams alrite, the rest i don't give a shit bout, he produced "need somebody by faze" "lagi mo", "shock therapy" rooftop mc n think nut really sure he did a couple of modele's songs,n Eben too!!, dat guy is dope, d rest are rusty, dat guy is current the rest are lost, now tell wat on earth was ojb thinking when he produced goldietell me??all her songs are dog shit, jamix is noisy,not real he always wants to fake things,u'll see dis in the voices of our own styl plus i don't rem ever seein their ass get an award, donjazzy, i don't know,he's lucky dbanj got charisma or he'll be in obscurity, n from wat i noticed he doesn't really know how to produce rap artist, finally cabasa,he is beta than d rest xcept cobhams, he can see so he can do better, if cobhams could see he would be producin peeps like kanye west,linkin park,cold play u'all know wat i mean, cobhams blind and he still fit hold ground wit d ones wey get eyes!!!he mean say he better pass dem, hi jobs are flawless
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by benedo(m): 7:43am On Apr 01, 2008
1--Cobhams Ausuquo (Brilliant, versatile, multiinstrumentalist, producer.)

2--I D Cabassa (Coded tunes for life!--Underated Human Music factory.)

3-- O J B Jezerel (Baba,Producer,Composer, Arranger.)

4-- Don Jazzy (Overated but still very brilliant producer, versatillity?)
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by trex007(m): 2:45pm On Apr 01, 2008
kobizi
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by whizkidd: 2:39pm On Apr 02, 2008
I dont think ppl understand how important producers are in music. I think naija good the musical talent, if we could get producers to step up, the sky is the limit. There are a handful of great producers in naija, my top 5 are:

5. Sossick; from 'Pain plus work'
4. ID Cabassa; a lot a good stuff but hits like Gongo Aso say it all
3. Don Jazzy; the Mo' hits album took my respect for him to another level
2. Cobhams; multi-instrumentalist, varying styles, hit-maker and Asha(enuff said)
1. MOSA; producer/sound engineer combo, very original sound in naija, Greenland single and Album

Check out MOSA's myspace page: www.myspace.com/m05aonweb

Honorable mentions: I left out OJB, and Jamix, also hot!!!
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by AfrknKngs(m): 1:52am On Jun 07, 2008
I'd say y'all need 2 check "Dognomite" out,  D-Mite Beats,  Now dat dude is Raw,  He currently Producing 4 Amplifyd Crew (wetin man go do rmx), Aristokrats, Zara, Freestyle, African Kings and etc,  I dunno,  Huss google him and I'll find out more bout him,  Might of fact, he got nominated for best international producer of da year 08 @ da NEA awards,  Y'all shut go and support anotha Naija Produca putting Naija on da Map!!!

~We Are Aks~
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by dholla1(m): 4:29pm On Jun 11, 2008
Puffy T nko?, he had the whole country dancing to yahoozee, &coz his crew's so attention grabbing (unlike him), I think don jazzy gets slept on alot as well.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by slimojas89(m): 6:21pm On Jun 13, 2008
fo goodness sake cobhams is da best.4get bout his disability,he is far better than many of all this producers around.from soft to hard rock,hip hop and mainstream naija music.i like i.d cabasa too,he got talent too.mosa,jamix,, fo goodness sake nobody is giving kudos to JONAH D MORNARCH,he is a good producer too.Naija is really growing sha.tha g tha said naija producers are wack should think again.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by slimojas89(m): 6:35pm On Jun 13, 2008
i will like a topic fo naija bois wif a common interest in making good hip hop mixtapes.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by Emma4dfuture(m): 6:06pm On Jun 17, 2008
I place mybet on COBHAMS.He's one typ of prsn who doesn't copy anybody's style.I also like JonahdMonarch.Thy're trying.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Music Producer? by owolomo(m): 9:17pm On Jun 17, 2008
my favorite is DOGNOMITE, I DONT THINK NOBODY CAN COME CLOSE TO HIS PRODUCTIONS, GOOGLE HIM DOGNOMITE, HE GOT NOMINATED AT THE NEA 08 AWARDS IN NYC, MEHN THAT GUY IS RAW DEAL, ON THE REAL SHYT TIMBALAND GOT COMPETITION,, he produces for the AFRICAN KINGS, FREESTYLE, ZARA, AMPLIFYD CREW ARISTOCRATS, AND MANY YANKEE RAPPERS, OMO NAIJA TO THE FULLEST DOING FOR YANKEE RAPPERS,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Taal Se Taal Mila Mp3 320 KBPS: Vidya Remix Cover Ft Shankar Tucker & Jomy Georg / 2face Booed Off Stage / Are You In Need Of A Good Pro Dj For Your Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.