Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Vovall: Highspeed Dial-up Accelerator Launched In Nigeria - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Vovall: Highspeed Dial-up Accelerator Launched In Nigeria (3273 Views)

My Highspeed Http Tunnel V5 / Browse With Usa Ip+ Internet Accelerator+ Unique Data Compression Technology / Onspeed Internet Network Accelerator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vovall: Highspeed Dial-up Accelerator Launched In Nigeria by cleokab: 5:03pm On Mar 20, 2006
Vovall Technologies INTRODUCES HIGHSPEED DIAL-UP SOFTWARE INTO THE NIGERIAN AND WEST AFRICAN MARKET

---Vovall Internet Accelerator meets increasing customer demand for fast and affordable Internet access.---

LAGOS, NIGERIA – March 10, 2006 – Vovall Technologies today announced the launch of Vovall Internet Accelerator, a web and email accelerator for users using any connection under 400kbps (e.g. dialup, 256K DSL, CDMA, GPRS/EDGE), including satellite, and wireless laptop Internet users. This new technology reduces the bandwidth required and increases the speed of web and email access by up to seven times, without any added hardware.

Through the use of a world-leading proprietary compression technology, Vovall Technologies provides up to seven times faster web browsing! Vovall Technologies compresses, optimizes and streamlines web content and emails, providing a dramatic improvement in access speeds over traditional dial-up and wireless networks. For just N7,500 per year, new and existing dial-up users can give their dial-up and wireless connections the long needed boost it deserves.

When a user signs up for Vovall Internet Accelerator, not only do they get the defacto standard in accelerated dial, but also plenty of features. Some of these value-added features include: Pop-up /Spam blocker, faster text downloading and Email Acceleration.

“I never thought I would be able to fully enjoy my browsing experience on dial-up, until I tried Vovall Internet Accelerator,” said Niyi Gbodimowo, SBA Research’s Technical Director (www.sbaresearch.com ). “It has given me a cost effective way to browse the web at accelerated speeds! And reduce our overall bandwidth cost”

15-Day free trials of Vovall Internet Accelerator are available by contacting Vovall’s customer support at +234 1 853 8316 or registering on our website at www.vovall.com in order to download the software.

Vovall Technologies will be launching the Internet Accelerator software in other sub-Saharan African countries and regional representatives and resellers of this technological solution will soon be appointed. Prospective resellers should visit our website at www.vovall.com and register their interests for sole exclusive distribution rights for their regions.
Re: Vovall: Highspeed Dial-up Accelerator Launched In Nigeria by Seun(m): 6:51pm On Mar 20, 2006
Thanks for sharing. I'm going to download this software and see how much it speeds my connection. My hunch is that the gains won't be significant for websites like Nairaland that compress each web page automatically using apache mod_compress.
Re: Vovall: Highspeed Dial-up Accelerator Launched In Nigeria by ojd(m): 11:46pm On Mar 22, 2006
I'm a network administrator, I have different computers connected to a central working system is this software of yours in anyway going to be useful to me or its meant for single computer users?
Re: Vovall: Highspeed Dial-up Accelerator Launched In Nigeria by ojd(m): 12:33am On Mar 23, 2006
Tried registering with on the site but it wasn't working, wats up?
Re: Vovall: Highspeed Dial-up Accelerator Launched In Nigeria by Seun(m): 12:43am On Mar 23, 2006
I'm experiencing the same difficulty: "Sorry. But some of the details that we require are missing. Please press the 'Back' button in your browser, or click here to return to the download page."
Re: Vovall: Highspeed Dial-up Accelerator Launched In Nigeria by ojd(m): 2:37am On Mar 23, 2006
yeah, thats exactly the same message I received. Coulb the post be a farce?
Re: Vovall: Highspeed Dial-up Accelerator Launched In Nigeria by cleokab: 12:31pm On Mar 23, 2006
If you are trying to download an evaluation copy, you will need a promo code and you need to register to get this. Email me support@vovall.com. For the network administrator, yes it can be used for all your network computers and you will need a copy of the software on each machine though for the compression activities. Kindly email support@vovall.com for more information.

The office address for Vovall is Aret Adams House (formerly KPMG House) Ikorodu Road, Lagos. This is a very serious company.
Re: Vovall: Highspeed Dial-up Accelerator Launched In Nigeria by Seun(m): 7:46pm On Mar 23, 2006
Asking us to email you to beg for an evaluation copy of your product is almost an insult. We do not have such time. You are unwilling to provide a special promo code for Nairaland members, so why should we offer you our forum for free advertisement?
Re: Vovall: Highspeed Dial-up Accelerator Launched In Nigeria by ojd(m): 12:30am On Mar 24, 2006
cleokab:

If you are trying to download an evaluation copy, you will need a promo code and you need to register to get this. Email me support@vovall.com. For the network administrator, yes it can be used for all your network computers and you will need a copy of the software on each machine though for the compression activities. Kindly email support@vovall.com for more information.

The office address for Vovall is Aret Adams House (formerly KPMG House) Ikorodu Road, Lagos. This is a very serious company.

@ clekab

I'm sure that you as an IT person have one way or another downloaded evaluation of one or two softwares from the net, sorry to ask ooo but were you asked to e-mail first b4 u could download? Just keep the website open lets see what you've got and know if we can then go for the full version product
Re: Vovall: Highspeed Dial-up Accelerator Launched In Nigeria by ojd(m): 4:56pm On Mar 25, 2006
cleokab:

@ cleokab

I sent an e-mail to the address to u provided but all I got was a failure delivery notice why?
Re: Vovall: Highspeed Dial-up Accelerator Launched In Nigeria by cleokab: 10:54am On Mar 27, 2006
Guys,

Please email me personally and i will get an evaluation code for you guys. Vovall needs to track who downloaded the software for record purposes and it is a condition of the software vendor.

Hope to hear from anybody that want the promo-code. sherifkk@gmail.com
Re: Vovall: Highspeed Dial-up Accelerator Launched In Nigeria by Consultant(f): 9:24pm On Mar 28, 2006
deleted.
Re: Vovall: Highspeed Dial-up Accelerator Launched In Nigeria by ojd(m): 12:12am On Mar 29, 2006
Mr. Sherif {Hope I'm right}

I finally got to download the software buy I'm sorry to say I've not noticed any difference in my browsing speed.
Re: Vovall: Highspeed Dial-up Accelerator Launched In Nigeria by Typewriter(m): 11:05pm On Mar 31, 2006
am sorry that you guys are given this Dude a chance to play with your time
Seun should know better that all these things are just hype and when it happens it falls like a mounting of cards

simple you can give more than you get/have, where will you get the extra source from?
is like saying that you have a machine that will produce electricity and at the same time use its output to power itself
which means it becomes self powered, with out any means to depend for replenishments?

if it is true they need not make it seletive it cos the whole word will go for it and as such they make the money and fame that they need.

the funny part is the red line below:
cleokab:

Guys,

Please email me personally and i will get an evaluation code for you guys. Vovall needs to track who downloaded the software for record purposes and it is a condition of the software vendor.

Hope to hear from anybody that want the promo-code. sherifkk@gmail.com

They are giving advace tech. but were using primitive tech to keep record of site vistors? what a waste of idea. (its like 1 foot forward 10 feet backward)

every trick has a loop hole and i have found this one out! prove me wrong
look at winzip, fast download offline browsers, and getwrite, all these are amazing technology out put yet they have free evaluation copy for years ruining so what the F***k are u pulling, must be a bag of shit, and i don't wanna be part of it!!!
Re: Vovall: Highspeed Dial-up Accelerator Launched In Nigeria by chiks: 7:39pm On Aug 04, 2007
Thats a very nice one. Thanks for the info.
Re: Vovall: Highspeed Dial-up Accelerator Launched In Nigeria by seenjhon: 12:22am On Aug 26, 2010
Good information., thanks,
Re: Vovall: Highspeed Dial-up Accelerator Launched In Nigeria by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:54pm On Aug 26, 2010
cant believe u pple were actually listening to this joker, he wants to sell a dial up accelerator? i mean jeez

1. its not possible to "accelerate" the internet, you can reduce the band width demands of the user by various ways, e.g compressing webpages, using adblock and script block addons e.t.c

bottomline is your internet isnt any faster, its just that if you want to surf, instead of rendering a 300kb page, you render a 80-100 kb page, the ads blocked from displaying, the jpegs reduced in quality by the servers

if you believe you need to pay anyone for this, then you are very very ignorant. for one, opera inc. does this for free with their patented tech on opera mini which they have since adapted for the pc browser. you have various adblock addons free for most browsers, and even if you think you need software, please its free everywhere
starcomms has one for free download, like wise many small java apps that do the same thing e.g TOONEL

very funny sha, 7,500 the price for ignorance grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Vovall: Highspeed Dial-up Accelerator Launched In Nigeria by rkcool36: 5:38pm On Aug 27, 2010
Hello to whom it might concern, do u know you can be paying lessthan 15,000 naira for internet
subcriptions monthly and connect 15 or more systems with unlimited bandwidth and super speed.
for offices, schools and Cybercafes. 07038946138 or 07041889714 for more info::

(1) (Reply)

Your blackberry and laptop needs a makeover! / HP Elitebook 8440p Core I5 For Sale... / Brand New 2017 Apple Macbook Pro 15.4 Inch,intel Core I7,16gb RAM, 512GB SSD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.