Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,607 members, 7,820,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Please Help Me, I Need A Laptop Purchase Receipt - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Help Me, I Need A Laptop Purchase Receipt (4401 Views)

Hp Pavilion Dv6 8gb Ram, 750gb Hdd With Original Receipt / What's A SIM Card Slot On A Laptop Used For? / I Need A Laptop(mini) With Long Battery Life And Duration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me, I Need A Laptop Purchase Receipt by yicob(m): 3:04pm On Oct 20, 2007
i just bought a laptop from my friend, though he did a transfer of ownership but every now and then, the police are disturbing me for receipt. this has cost me up to N5,000 to get my self out of the odd. since am always on the move, i need someone who can bail me out for a token. my mail is available in profile.
Re: Please Help Me, I Need A Laptop Purchase Receipt by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 22, 2007
Nigerians na wa

PLEASE act prudently by requesting a receipt from ur friend(the seller) - of course it could be inform of a written agreement with both of you as signatories and one person as witness.

I hope its not stolen oooo!!!
Re: Please Help Me, I Need A Laptop Purchase Receipt by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 23, 2007
a bit of bad advice-

go to pc village, find a laptop selling shop. buy something of value- eg flash drive. then try to get d seller to sell you a recepit. it is better if d seller is a guy, and alone. wink

i'm saying this because i may have to do this soon - i have a dell precision m90 coming in. i wired a friend d money and he ordered it online from dells website. no receipt available - not that those pricks in black are interested in foreign receipts anyway tongue

bLacK GoLd:

Nigerians na wa

PLEASE act prudently by requesting a receipt from your friend(the seller) - of course it could be inform of a written agreement with both of you as signatories and one person as witness.

are you a lagosian? see here, the policemen do not give a damn if he raped, maimed and murdered someone for the laptop. all they want is the maximum amount of money they can extort from him. undecided . the seller will probably give a ridiculous receipt from an alaba general merchandise shop.

seun, pls don't banish my ass.i'm not advocating crime, I'm just stating a fact of life. how many of our laptop sellers are registered companies, anyhow?
Re: Please Help Me, I Need A Laptop Purchase Receipt by Seun(m): 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2007
Ouch, I didn't keep my receipt. Didn't realise it's that important.
Re: Please Help Me, I Need A Laptop Purchase Receipt by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 23, 2007
this automatic sensoring sef- can't a guy scrawl obscenities in peace?!?! cheesy
Re: Please Help Me, I Need A Laptop Purchase Receipt by Kobojunkie: 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2007
How is the pOlice concerned with your laptop and the reciepts?? Does the police down there ask people for receipt for Laptops??
Re: Please Help Me, I Need A Laptop Purchase Receipt by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 23, 2007
@ OYB

I be proper Naija bro - grew up in Festac

I advised him based on the context of his story - his friend should legally do a handover else he could always go to Otigba as u have wonderfully advised grin.
Re: Please Help Me, I Need A Laptop Purchase Receipt by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 23, 2007
its important in any city in naija with hustla policemen.

this year, i was going thru oshodi with my bro.we had an auctioned laptop from my company.my boss had bought it.he'd asked me as the resident 'computer guru' to get it fixed. i had intenede to draft a covering letter.great option if u are in a BIG well known company, but i'd succumbed to laziness. we were stopped by a bearded police woman, who ushered us intio a station the moment she saw no receipt.believe it or not, there was no MTn network in the area. if my brother with his starcomms line had not been with me. . . the woman ordered me to write statement.I said no can do.eventually we got thru to my company's Chief security guy, a former DPo. u shld have seen the woman saluting thru d phone.she then turned back to me. she was so pissed. . .telling me that if not for the security chief. . .

my current  laptop is a toshiba.i got it brand new( 2 yrs ago) from a seller.guy gave me letter headed paper, not a recipt. i got a receipt from my wife, whose mum has a quasi electical parts shop in lokoja. the recipt has worked everywhere.however, when i showed it in PC village, the cops pointed out that it was an electronics recipt, not va PC receipt. they told me they werent the run of the mill dumb cops, but detectives. they even told me they know receipt vendors in PC village. at the end, na company  id card , d fact that i'm married (even if i do look like i'm stillin school) that carried the day.
Re: Please Help Me, I Need A Laptop Purchase Receipt by Kobojunkie: 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2007
This is how Nigeria shoots itself in the foot over and over. What business does the police have with people's laptops let alone asking for reciept?? I think we the people keep shooting ourselves. Why in the world would the police need to ask anyone for reciept for a laptop?? Is this Legal?? I mean Who made this law that people should show reciept when carrying laptops??
Re: Please Help Me, I Need A Laptop Purchase Receipt by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 24, 2007
Lucky day for ya OYB

nway i can relate to your story as i always see em plain clothed and hungry looking police men at CMS searching and harrasing ppl.

Oneday i shall lead a revolt against violation of basic rights grin
Re: Please Help Me, I Need A Laptop Purchase Receipt by yicob(m): 11:56am On Oct 24, 2007
i thank everybody that contributed on this post. i av already gotten a receipt from otigba. Thank v. much
Re: Please Help Me, I Need A Laptop Purchase Receipt by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 24, 2007
er. . . where from?

I'll need one for my lovely, soon to arrive M90 cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Power Bank For Laptops / Mppt Solar Charge Controller; 12/24v, 10a Input, For Sale @ 8k Naira / London used Laptops for sale at affordable prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.