Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Borno Government Pleads For Se, Sw And Ss Youth Corpers - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Borno Government Pleads For Se, Sw And Ss Youth Corpers (1041 Views)

Firstbank Empowers 8000 Youth Corpers (Photos) / Private Companies In Lagos That Accept Youth Corpers / 150 Youth Corpers Amputated In Kaduna State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Borno Government Pleads For Se, Sw And Ss Youth Corpers by Nchara: 10:49pm On Feb 17, 2012
I Need Corps Members, Borno Governor Begs Youth Minister

Kashim Shettima
, promises water-tight security

The executive Governor of Borno State, Kashim Shettima has made a passionate appeal to the Federal Government to deploy more National Youths Service Corp (NYSC) members in the state, assuring that arrangements were in place to guarantee their security from the Boko Haram insurgence throughout the duration of their service.

Making the appeal when he paid a courtesy visit to the Minister of Youth Development, Alhaji Bolaji Abduallahi, in Abuja yesterday, the governor argued that no corps member was killed throughout the duration of the Muslim sect's occupation of the state.

"I feel highly honoured to pay this courtesy call on the Honourable Minister of Youths Development. I came specifically for three reasons, especially regarding the National Youths Service Corps (NYSC) scheme, which fell under the honourable minister.

"Yes, we are passing through some security challenges, especially in the North-east part of the country. I'm talking about the Boko Haram insurgence. However, I want to assure the honourable minister and the management staff of the ministry that the war is over.

"It took ethnic dimension but I want to announce that we have survived the criminal occupation of Borno State by this insurgence after seven years, seven months and seven days. I believe this time around that the war is over. We are on the part of peace and progress," he assured.

Continuing, Governor Shettima further noted: "It is on record that no corps member in Borno was killed throughout the duration of the occupation. "I'm also aware that parents were understandably apprehensive about posting their sons and daughters to serve in Borno and other parts of the North-east, but I want to assure the honourable minister that we are clearly on top of the situation. We have made all necessary arrangements to protect the lives of both visitors and indigenes of the state."

Reacting, the minister promised to do everything within the ministry's powers to reappraise the scheme, commending the governor for the efforts he had put to arrest the situation. "You are the first governor from the North of Nigeria. I know the security challenge you are facing, I want to commend the efforts, and the Federal government and your State were making to arrest the Boko Haram insurgence.

We are glad that the situation is getting better by the day. You know that government is very dynamic, we will continue to explore the situation and options. I can assure you his Excellency that we would continue to reappraise our position in line with the current security challenges. "The NYSC is specifically created to promote national integration. 38 years after, the scheme has remained the vehicle for the promotion of national integration. I served in Sokoto and that was my first time of visiting that State.

"One of the things that the vendors of violence would want to achieve is to create a situation where we can no longer see ourselves as one country. It would be a victory to them to see a situation where we can no longer post corps members freely to some parts of the country. I can assure you that we would do everything we could to ensure that they did not succeed. We are going to sit down and review the whole scheme," he noted

Via The Sun

P.S: Dear readers, can we take the word of the Governor for it? Although, the Governor was right by saying that no corps member was killed by Boko Haram militants in Borno State, does that then suggest we should gamble with the life of innocent people and say 'ok, let us post corps members to Borno and see what happens'? As a Nigerian/student, if you were posted to Borno State to work/serve would you reject it? Please, what is the way forward as it affects Borno and NYSC?

All comments should be kept on point. Scathing, uncouth or abusive comments will be deleted.
Re: Borno Government Pleads For Se, Sw And Ss Youth Corpers by Beaf: 11:10pm On Feb 17, 2012
So they can kill them in the next riot or next election, or perhaps use them for boko harams trial runs?
States like Borno must give ironclad assurances as to why they should remain in Nigeria. Boko haram was started as a local political tool and has become a sophisticated international monster with IT savvy.

They don't need youth corpers yet, let them go a full year without, so they can learn the immense value these youth present to Borno state, especially as it is for FREE. Perhaps after that, Borno will begin to train and tame its burgeoning and feral almajiri population; productive citizens can be forged from the hordes of the unwashed.

Let them sweat.
Re: Borno Government Pleads For Se, Sw And Ss Youth Corpers by Osiris211: 11:58pm On Feb 17, 2012
They actually needs "corpse" members NOT corps . Retarrds covertly looking for innocent souls to satiate thier lust for fresh blood and re-filled their blood banks. Vampires!
Re: Borno Government Pleads For Se, Sw And Ss Youth Corpers by Nobody: 12:51am On Feb 18, 2012
Osiris.211:

They actually needs "corpse" members NOT corps . Retarrds covertly looking for innocent souls to satiate thier lust for fresh blood and re-filled their blood banks. Vampires!

LOL,
Re: Borno Government Pleads For Se, Sw And Ss Youth Corpers by Nobody: 1:07am On Feb 18, 2012
when we get biafra, we will send them "technical aid". wink
Re: Borno Government Pleads For Se, Sw And Ss Youth Corpers by alex14(m): 1:09am On Feb 18, 2012
Any parent of SE extraction that allows his/her child to be sent to the devil's kingdom of arewa in the north deserves to be shot.

(1) (Reply)

What You Gonna Do? / Lessons Learnt During My NYSC Service Year / How Una Dey Cope Without Allowee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.