Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,071 members, 7,849,341 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:59 PM

S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance (11013 Views)

BREAKING: Lawan, Akume Form Alliance / APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President / 2015: 9 Parties Form Alliance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by OneNaira6: 3:09am On Feb 20, 2012
I'm not getting the issues SW has with this alliance. I can understand the north speaking against it but what is SW problem?
Una feel left out is that it or what?
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Marlboro1: 4:35am On Feb 20, 2012
To make the alliance more formidable, SW needs to be part of this. I cant see the benefit of leaving out the economic heart of Nigeria. The alliance has more to benefit from SW membership than they do with Middle Belt.
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by OneNaira6: 5:11am On Feb 20, 2012
Marlboro1:

To make the alliance more formidable, SW needs to be part of this. I cant see the benefit of leaving out the economic heart of Nigeria. The alliance has more to benefit from SW membership than they do with Middle Belt.

How so undecided
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Ufeolorun(m): 5:39am On Feb 20, 2012
Alliance led by Asari?,Really!?,the same Dokubo who's like a card carrying acn waiter or foot soldier.
The present political scene is full of people with funny political calculations.
Asari dokubo?!seriously.
I feel sidelined already lol.
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by JahMan1: 8:23am On Feb 20, 2012
Someone confirm this assertion: "Niger State is in North Central part of Nigeria"
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Willywilly9: 8:45am On Feb 20, 2012
No moslem majority state is part of it, this is Alliance of mainly Christian majority state.
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 20, 2012
I strongly believe Taraba state should be included into the middle-belt states even though it is in the NE region,while Niger state should be excluded
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Dainfamous: 1:42pm On Feb 20, 2012
Willy+willy:

No moslem majority state is part of it, this is Alliance of mainly Christian majority state.

+1000 look very deep you will notice it smiley
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by AJpikin: 2:20pm On Feb 20, 2012
If they are going into an alliance they should do it maturely. Instead of Asari to be blabbing about the North not tasting power again, democracy is about the majority, if the people see a candidate that is credible and even he is from the hottest part of the core North and they want him to lead them there is no crime in it. The man should watch his utterances!
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Dainfamous: 2:26pm On Feb 20, 2012
The thing with core north-is that they still see nothing wrong with bombing and killing in Nigeria and what make them still believe that they will be trusted again is what baffles me cool sad
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by jason123: 6:51pm On Feb 20, 2012
WTF is always wrong with this Asari Dokubo This agbero should pipe down for his own good. The guy just dey open mouth like running tap! In the so called Middle belt, there are Hausa and Fulani INDIGENES (though less aggressive than the Core-north).

This thug is simply looking for political power and I can see David mark hijacking this for his 2015 ambition. sad sad sad sad

Instead of us to start electing people based on competence, intelligence, accountability and so on, we are here playing the silly ethnic card. Even worse, the same people (they know themselves) that were shouting competence here on NL, are also using the ethnic game. This same Nlanders would be the first to call others hypocrites, usurpers, parasites etc while they do not practice what they preach. All they do; day in and out is cyber bullying, ethnic bigotry, working on the emotions and sentiments of others to gain power for themselves.

The God of truth NEVER sleeps!
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Onlytruth(m): 10:12pm On Feb 20, 2012
jason123:

WTF is always wrong with this Asari Dokubo This agbero should pipe down for his own good. The guy just dey open mouth like running tap! In the so called Middle belt, there are Hausa and Fulani INDIGENES (though less aggressive than the Core-north).

This thug is simply looking for political power and I can see David mark hijacking this for his 2015 ambitionsad sad sad sad

Instead of us to start electing people based on competence, intelligence, accountability and so on, we are here playing the silly ethnic card. Even worse, the same people (they know themselves) that were shouting competence here on NL, are also using the ethnic game. This same Nlanders would be the first to call others hypocrites, usurpers, parasites etc while they do not practice what they preach. All they do; day in and out is cyber bullying, ethnic bigotry, working on the emotions and sentiments of others to gain power for themselves.

The God of truth NEVER sleeps!

You people just have a serious problem, walahi.
So, all you can see is David Mark in the whole of SE, SS and NC?
You cannot see Nnamani, or Ngige or Soludo or any of the PDP solid materials in the SE?

Let me tell you, this is above the David Marks of Nigeria, or even the PDP. This game is really above Nigeria's presidential seat per se (a dictatorial seat with little accountability to the federation units). It is really about what to do with Nigeria as a country itself. That IMHO is why SW was not invited at this stage,because nobody knows where they stand on anything.
I know that the way we Igbo feel about Nigeria now, anything other than total restructuring of Nigeria would not really attract our interest.  cool
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by jason123: 10:44pm On Feb 20, 2012
Onlytruth:

You cannot see Nnamani, or Ngige or Soludo or any of the PDP solid materials in the SE?

Let me tell you, this is above the David Marks of Nigeria, or even the PDP. This game is really above Nigeria's presidential seat per se (a dictatorial seat with little accountability to the federation units). It is really about what to do with Nigeria as a country itself. That IMHO is why SW was not invited at this stage,because nobody knows where they stand of anything.
I know that the way we Igbo feel about Nigeria now, anything other than total restructuring of Nigeria would not really attract our interest.  cool

Bros, I am not against any alliance as I have not spoken against it. In fact, I am for this alliance.

With that said, one thing I must point out is that Asari is a political thug. The idea of working on the emotions and sentiment of people to gain power is indeed silly. Notice that since I have started advocating for Southern Nigeria (any group that does not want to join SN can go their way, no wahala about that), I have never, not for once called any group a "parasite", "leeches" or what-not. That my friend, is the way to be civil and humble, and surely God gives grace to the humble (1 Peter 5:5). We produce oil (that will finish in less than 35 yrs time) does not mean we should demean the Northerners. The North has indeed tried for this Nation called Nigeria. Before Oil, we had Tin in Jos, groundnut, cotton etc. With that said, I love the coalition.
As for the SW, its should be their choice whether they want to join anyone or not. If they decide to join this coalition, fine; if not fine.

One thing I must point out though is according to the article, the union is purely based on political power not a "useful" common idea. As I always say, our unity should not be based on the hatred for the North or politics or whatever but on progress, education and development. That, Onlytruth, is what binds us. Every other thing is a fallacy. If its hatred; when the North goes we would look for another "parasite" to chase away until the last community that does not produce oil.
If its politics; that can change anytime. The Core-North, might field a MB candidate (possibly David mark) and support him with all their might to get the support of the MB and bring back the MB to the fold through Bello's respect policies. The SS might support a Northerner 2015 (you never know) and et.al.

Now, what is left for us (you and me)? Nothing! Bruv, I'll prefer credibility than all this. We need to elect a credible leader not an ethnic or regional leader. Asari's utterances is treasonable but as usual, in Nigeria, na my person. As we speak, a new MEND is forming. Why? because the issues have not been addressed. The old militants are feeding fat in Abuja while communities are still suffering but Internet propaganda is hiding all these things.

Until we start speaking the truth in things, there would be no head way.

Btw, notice when these sort of topics are out, not many, in fact, just one Niger-deltan comments. Hahaha. What happened to Ibime? Edo.girl? Kpogede? C'mon guys, think.

Wouldn't be surprised one bit if the MB meets with the North before 2015. Niaja politics is very volatile! This is where I leave!

Thank you Eze!
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Gbawe: 10:44pm On Feb 20, 2012
Onlytruth:

Let me tell you, this is above the David Marks of Nigeria, or even the PDP. This game is really above Nigeria's presidential seat per se (a dictatorial seat with little accountability to the federation units). It is really about what to do with Nigeria as a country itself. That IMHO is why SW was not invited at this stage,because nobody knows where they stand of anything.

You are a fool and a disgrace to those who think you possess any intellect let alone wisdom. What silly alliance do you think the SW has been excluded from ? How does any sane person deem a congregation of immature and uneducated feudalists , not interested in the search for intelligent solutions, an "alliance" the SW suffers from not being part of ? If anything, you disgrace yourself by giving this congregation of undemocratic feudalists legitimacy.

These guys deliberately came together for bellicose sabre-rattling plus the promotion of a divisively undemocratic and unprovoked aggression against other ethnic groups. How is this 'alliance' worth supporting for anyone who is educated when there is no single effort at progressive solution provision and affairs are entirely focused on fighting others and creating more childish and immature divisiveness , at the worst time possible, that only heats up the polity? Only a loser like you would cheer some on to act with reckless abandon and incendiary behaviour at the worst time possible for Nigeria where lives may be lost needlessly for the vacuous, egotistic and ethnically biased outlook of some folks

All you show daily is the cowardice of those spoiling for war and rancour , from a safe ground distanced from the actual fight, because of sentiments of belittlement they cannot cannot move on from. Compare this silly  and totally vacuous congregation of clueless and bellicose folks , who only know how to shout "core North must never gain power", with the civilised brainstorming meeting  below to understand maturity and a sense of direction. People like you can never offer solutions because you are losers personally scarred beyond repair to the extent you only want events to bear out your depressing and despondent outlook of humanity.

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=77493:southwest-leaders-meet-on-how-to-reform-a-troubled-federation&catid=73:policy-a-politics&Itemid=607

Southwest Leaders Meet On How To Reform A Troubled Federation
Sunday, 19 February 2012 00:00 From: Iyabo Lawal, Ibadan Features - Policy & Politics

• Plan A Southwest/Edo Economic Zone

• To Adopt A Regional Anthem

• Proposes One Multi-campus Regional University

THE three-day summit on regional economic integration organised for chieftains of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), as well as non-partisan Yoruba leaders again brought to the fore the demand for a new constitution and the urgent need to restructure the country to reflect true federalism.

Speakers at the summit took turns to eulogize the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, for his contribution to the development of the region; they attested to the fact that the zone is merely relishing in past glory and concluded that there is an urgent need for the zone to retrace it steps to the good old days.

Among the leaders at the summit were the national chairman of the ACN, chief Bisi Akande, former governor of the old Western Region, General Adeyinka Adebayo (rtd), former governor of Ogun State, Aremo Olusegun Osoba, Governors of Oyo, Osun and Ekiti, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola and Dr. Kayode Fayemi respectively, Senator Olufemi Lanlehin, Olubadan of Ibadan, Oba Samuel Odulana, who was represented by Osi Olubadan, High Chief Lekan Balogun, former Governor of Ekiti, Otunba Niyi Adebayo. Also in attendance were, the deputy Governors of Lagos and Osun states, members of the National Assembly, and their counterparts from the state Houses of Assembly, former director of budget, High Chief Omowale Kuye and university teachers.

Akande set the tone of the summit when he said the parley was aimed at brainstorming on possible ways of returning the region to its glorious days. He tasked the legislators to ensure that the constitution, which is a major obstacle to the achievement of integration, is reviewed.  Akande said, “In our days, we saw the good things, but I don’t know what is left for the present and future generation. We need integration to move forward. We need a circular rail system. Nigerian constitution is a code of impediments that does not allow those who want to move forward to move forward. You should look at this in your deliberations.”

The ACN leader said there is an urgent need for the summit to come out with a blueprint that would take the zone back to the days of economic buoyancy that distinguished the zone and made it the cynosure of attention in the country.

Osoba, who presented the keynote address, underscored the importance of integration of the zone. He pointed out that achieving regional collaboration for development requires that leaders pay attention to achieving economic growth, which will translate to marked improvement in the lives of the people.

He faulted the nation’s federal system as presently practiced, a system of government that lacks progressive leadership and productive economic policies at the center.

“Our country is at a crossroads. And the problem is a troubled federal system that rather runs like a unitary one. So, instead of different parts of the country and component parts of the federation to maximise their own resources for own growth and development, a fat centre sits on these huge resources and delivers general poverty, instead of prosperity.”

He warned that there are clear danger signs of a malfunctioning federation; that delivers mass penury instead of mass prosperity, and leaving such a system uncorrected will eventually ruin everyone.

He reiterated that the time to pursue a Southwest regional economic and political integration is now.

He shared the vision of the governors Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ondo, Ekiti and Edo states, who had earlier met in Abeokuta, Ogun State, to demand a quick devolution of power and resources to the states.

At the end of his address, Osoba proposed the establishment of a functional secretariat for Southwestern Cooperation and Integration, that would be manned with only a handful of dedicated people, whose primary function is to make sure the state governments work toward the fruition of these ideas and do so in harmony.

In his own presentation, host governor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi said for the actualisation of the lofty ideas, the states in the zone must literally collapse all the walls that militate against integration and development. This dream, he argued, will remain a pipedream unless the legislatures in the states buy into the idea and promulgate legislations that will translate the dream into reality.

He affirmed that the quest for regional integration should include educational and cultural integration of the people in the zone. He suggested that universities in the zone should come under the same roof of a South West University.

Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola said the way out of the quagmire of arrested development that is evident in the region, is for the people to come together and share in the dream for a better region.

If the agenda is well implemented, he reasoned that it is likely to turn out as a template of development for the other geopolitical zones in the country. He reminded that Southwest was not developed with federal allocations, but sustained itself through internally generated revenue. He identified agriculture as one of the ways sound economic rejuvenation can be sustained.

He also supported his Oyo state counterpart in the proposal for a Southwestern university, saying the existing structure where each state has its own university and some even having two is insupportable.

“It would have been cost effective if the entire Southwest has one Great Western University operating a collegiate system, with each state having a college and each college graduating at least four thousand students every year,” he suggested.

For the fruition of the ideas at the Summit, he canvassed a progressive political ideology and charged the legislators as being critical to policy formulation that would make integration in the region a reality.

Speaking on legislative roles in effective implementation of the integration agenda, Senator Femi Lanlehin said, having regard to the political reality of the country now, federalism is the way to keep the country together and regional integration is the way to go if federalism must be strengthened and not undermined.

Participants at the end of the summit came up with a 27-point communiqué, which hammered on the need for a new constitution to reorder what they call the country’s “malfunctioning federal system.”

They also tasked federal lawmakers from the region to lobby their colleagues on the need to embrace regional federalism and why it is a better alternative.

While advocating the introduction of legal framework for Southwest regionalisation, the leaders called for the composition of a Consultative Assembly, made up of legislators in the Southwest states and their members in the National Assembly, to serve as clearing house for such legislations and give adequate advice to the legislatures in the South West states.

Participants clarified that the regional integration being clamoured for is not to break up the country, but to save the entity called the Nigerian nation.

“Regional integration is not to break up Nigeria.  It is rather to renew the Nigerian federation and deliver its capacity to deliver the greatest good for the greatest number of Nigerians, in the six geo-political zones.  Simply put, it is regional growth as a strategy for national integration. Regional integration is all about a new constitution, the National Assembly cannot give us a new Constitution.  That is the job for a Constituent Assembly, thereafter subjected to referendum or plebiscite.”

They resolved further that issuing from this premise, the states in present political Southwest of Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ondo and Ekiti, as well as the contiguous Edo, are better off integrated into an economic zone, sharing resources and attaining economies of scale for economic growth and development.

Though integration is on the surface economic, they noted, its basis and driving force is political.  Therefore, the present ruling progressives in the Southwest and Edo States must make the people the centrepiece of their policies and programmes.  That will ensure they retain political power and continue to drive the Southwest integrated regional agenda.

For the regional integration agenda, they said the Legislature is key.  “So, the Southwest Executives must closely work with the Legislatures, both in the National Assembly and State Houses of Assembly, to achieve the desired goals of the agenda.”

Other resolutions also tasked Southwest legislators in the National Assembly to lobby their colleagues, across party lines, for the repeal of anti-federal laws in energy/power, mining and minerals.  If regional federalism must deliver the goods, states constituting the regions must have legal backing to prospect economic activities in such areas as mining and minerals, railway, aviation and other strategic areas like energy/power in which the present laws give the Federal Government absolute or near-absolute monopolies.

In the area of security, the Southwest legislators in the National Assembly must lobby their colleagues to press for constitutional amendments to establish State Police.

“In the envisaged regions themselves, State Houses of Assembly are very crucial to making such strong legislative frameworks.  For this task, the Southwest legislatures would require sound legal advice. In the 1999 Constitution, even as amended, there are strong legal impediments to regionalisation as a panacea to save Nigeria’s failing federalism.  However, the Southwest states can work around these impediments to jump-start the process, pending the requisite constitutional amendments” they said.

To prevent Yoruba language from going into extinction, the Summit called for all legislatures in the Southwest to conduct proceedings in Yoruba for at least a day in the week and that the language be made a prerequisite for admission into tertiary institutions in the Southwest from 2015.

To deepen good governance and best global practices in public sector management, the regional executives and legislatures must subject themselves to institutional peer review.

As a result, the party chieftains noted that Southwest states and Edo can start with close collaboration and cooperation in agriculture, with each state concentrating on areas in which it has core competence and comparative advantage.

On education, the Southwest states, they said, can start with integrating their state universities into a better-funded Southwest University, along the model of the University of Cairo, or even the multi-campus University of California.

State universities, they advised, should be turned into colleges offering specialised disciplines.    “Aside, the region should urgently consider setting up a University of Native Medicine to maximise the economic use of Yoruba flora and fauna, particularly in processing them for drugs to curtail killer diseases like cancer.

Still on education, the Summit resolved that the region declares a state of emergency in education to restore effective and qualitative basic education.  There should also be a revamping of vocational and vocational technical education to equip youths for self-employment.

On transportation, the Summit resolved that the Southwest state government should approach the federal government for the take-over of federal roads in the area, as a cheaper alternative to building a new network of roads.

The summit also agreed to promote cultural integration in the form of regional cultural festival to further propagate Yoruba traditions, mores and norms and that culture should be used to promote tourism in the region, even as each part of the region can invest in specific tourism products to create gainful employment for our teeming youth.

“The region should save cost, by integrating manpower training and development.  For instance, it suggested that Lagos State serve as specialist centre for training regional civil servants.

Osun State, according to the Summit, has shown leadership by establishing a Ministry of Regional Integration and this should be replicated in other Southwest states.

Without prejudice to the anthems of other Southwest states, the gathering resolved to adopt the State of Osun Anthem as the Southwest Regional Anthem, adding that the anthem was composed by the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo. They stressed that the anthem captures the correct spirit and sentiment behind integration for regional development and greatness.

As laudable as the resolutions are, political watchers believe that they need time to mature. It also requires time to see how the Federal Legislature and people of other geo-political zones respond to this development.
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Beaf: 10:51pm On Feb 20, 2012
Gbawe will soon faint. There is nothing worse than a "superior" being cast in the trash can.
The Awo's are already repping the SW, not you Tambuwal loving saboteurs.
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Onlytruth(m): 10:58pm On Feb 20, 2012
jason123:

Bros, I am not against any alliance as I have not spoken against it. In fact, I am for this alliance.

With that said, one thing I must point out is that Asari is a political thug. The idea of working on the emotions and sentiment of people to gain power is indeed silly. Notice that since I have started advocating for Southern Nigeria (any group that does not want to join SN can go their way, no wahala about that), I have never, not for once called any group a "parasite", "leeches" or what-not. That my friend, is the way to be civil and humble, and surely God gives grace to the humble (1 Peter 5:5). We produce oil (that will finish in less than 35 yrs time) does not mean we should demean the Northerners. The North has indeed tried for this Nation called Nigeria. Before Oil, we had Tin in Jos, groundnut, cotton etc. With that said, I love the coalition.
As for the SW, its should be their choice whether they want to join anyone or not. If they decide to join this coalition, fine; if not fine.

One thing I must point out though is according to the article, the union is purely based on political power not a "useful" common idea. As I always say, our unity should not be based on the hatred for the North or politics or whatever but on progress, education and development. That, Onlytruth, is what binds us. Every other thing is a fallacy. If its hatred; when the North goes we would look for another "parasite" to chase away until the last community that does not produce oil.
If its politics; that can change anytime. The Core-North, might field a MB candidate (possibly David mark) and support him with all their might to get the support of the MB and bring back the MB to the fold through Bello's respect policies. The SS might support a Northerner 2015 (you never know) and et.al.

Now, what is left for us (you and me)? Nothing! Bruv, I'll prefer credibility than all this. We need to elect a credible leader not an ethnic or regional leader. Asari's utterances is treasonable but as usual, in Nigeria, na my person. As we speak, a new MEND is forming. Why? because the issues have not been addressed. The old militants are feeding fat in Abuja while communities are still suffering but Internet propaganda is hiding all these things.

Until we start speaking the truth in things, there would be no head way.

Btw, notice when these sort of topics are out, not many, in fact, just one Niger-deltan comments. Hahaha. What happened to Ibime? Edo.girl? Kpogede? C'mon guys, think.

Wouldn't be surprised one bit if the MB meets with the North before 2015. Niaja politics is very volatile! This is where I leave!

Thank you Eze!

You seem to just listen to yourself and not anything I said. lol
You should reread my post and see where I said this:

I know that the way we Igbo feel about Nigeria now, anything other than total restructuring of Nigeria would not really attract our interest cool

I said that for a reason.
You don't expect an Eze like myself to talk like you, do you? lol cool
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Gbawe: 11:01pm On Feb 20, 2012
Beaf:

Gbawe will soon faint. There is nothing worse than a "superior" being cast in the trash can.

Ashewo, face your NL boyfriends and stop following me around.
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Onlytruth(m): 11:05pm On Feb 20, 2012
Beaf:

That guy has the brains of an australopithecus[b] tchadensis[/b].
Unfortunately for him, I don't understand modern Chadian language talk less of the Chadian ape man's.

So, I simply step over.   cool
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by jason123: 11:08pm On Feb 20, 2012
Onlytruth:

You seem to just listen to yourself and not anything I said. lol
You should reread my post and see where I said this:
I said that for a reason.
You don't expect an Eze like myself to talk like you, do you? lol  cool

Eze (lol) well, its your duty to protect the interest of your people and hence partisan. I wouldn't expect less. As for me, I am a political novice; just watching and shaking my head while people play with our emotions.

Btw, I noticed your comment. I guess you also get that "feeling" as well. . .  I also hope you are wrong.
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Dainfamous: 11:17pm On Feb 20, 2012
Nawaoo SW u guys should take it easy,next meeting we will invite you, ok we don hear,just don't bring your wuru wuru into the matter ok? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by sheyguy: 11:21pm On Feb 20, 2012
It seems the se,ss,mb finally think they av something in common. Let me guess . . . .hmmm . . . . Marginalisation abi? . . . Lol  
I thought the SS /SE has been represented in Aso rock. . . Which one come be alliance for security sake again? . . . Lol
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Beaf: 11:22pm On Feb 20, 2012
Onlytruth:

Unfortunately for him, I don't understand modern Chadian language talk less of the Chadian ape man's.

So, I simply step over it.   cool

Lol! I hope you don't mind the slight correction I made to your post? grin
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Gbawe: 11:36pm On Feb 20, 2012
Onlytruth:

So, I simply step over.   cool

Suwegbe. You are nothing but a jumped up neanderthal.  It is clear your views about why the Yorubas are not included in this sad gathering , ala a congregation of ku klux klan brothers, is a consequence of your inferiority complex and paranoia . Simplistically, you would rather bandy ugly and redundant stereotypes than admit the Yorubas are too sophisticated to be part of anything this foolish, undemocratic, divisive and incendiary.

The simple truth you are too hateful to discern is that no sensible Yoruba leader can be coerced to join a group of ugly feudalists who can declare impotently that "the core North must not taste power any time soon". No Yoruba leader is that self-destructive, patently lacking in pragmatism or ridiculously foolish!!!!

Educated folks will know why the Yorubas cannot be part of this ridiculous jamboree same as sensible SE and SS folks (Ken Nnamani, Soludo, Okorocha, Ameachi, Donald Duke et al) will never support this nonsense. It will always be drifters and unintelligent attention-seekers like Dokubo-Asari fronting this with 'lost glory' old men and losers like you backing them.
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by tunnytox(m): 11:50pm On Feb 20, 2012
SW will never never be part of any alliance with political thugs and criminal elements like Asari Dokubo lai lai, to your tents o Isreal!
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Beaf: 11:53pm On Feb 20, 2012
^
Odun mi gidi gidi gidi gan! We too lof awa Tinibu druggie.

Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by tunnytox(m): 11:55pm On Feb 20, 2012
Beaf:

^
Odun mi gidi gidi gidi gan!

beaf! beaf!! beaf!!!
honestly, this picture of you getting drunk of your own urine is nauseting i'll advse you to stop using it, its doing you no favours.
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Beaf: 11:57pm On Feb 20, 2012
^
Seeing the degree of pain you are exhibiting is quite emotionally draining. Don't worry, we go invite una next time (strictly no vertically challenged drug barons sha grin). In the Awo family lies our trust.
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by tunnytox(m): 12:02am On Feb 21, 2012
Beaf:

^
Seeing the degree of pain you are exhibiting is quite emotionally draining. Don't worry, we go invite una next time (strictly no vertically challenged drug barons sha grin). In the Awo family lies our trust.

I laugh out loud grin grin grin what is emotional about my last 2 comments? Oh! I shouldn't be surprised since drunk men think everyone is like them.
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Obiagu1(m): 12:12am On Feb 21, 2012
I think it's a very good move if it works out. The 3 regions need to be on the same side on political issues. It's left for the SW to decide if they want to join their cousins in the North or remain with other Southerners.
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Gbawe: 12:29am On Feb 21, 2012
jason123:

Precisely. The fact that Onlytruth (how ironic) support an openly hateful, provocative, undemocratic and divisively ill-timed 'alliance' , promoting only feudalism and intolerance, is conclusive evidence he is a losers disinterested in progress and deliberately wishing for things to fall apart so the warped darkness of his mind and malevolent thirst for 'unfinished' vengeance against others can come to pass.

At every meeting of the SW States recently, talks are about true fiscal federalism, convocation of SNC, infrastructural development ,agitation of more power and responsibility for States, greater mutual cooperation etc, etc. In short, discussions are progressive, developmental and constructive. Why , with such laudable examples of what alliances should seek to agitate for, should anyone then support a coming together of folks in open hatred and villification of another ethnic groups in a period when Nigeria does not need more childish and irresponsible heating up of the polity ?

Has history not shown us many examples of how this sort of irresponsible behaviour leads to genocide, ethnic cleansing and a state of siege?

There is no talk , from Dokubo-Asari et al, about GEJ sitting up and leading effectively. Instead this stupid gathering is seeking to undemocratically and feudalistically insist where power must go in 2015 with over three years to go and with the nation drifting badly !!! Yet whenever SW States meet it is to discuss relevant and progressive ideas pertinent to  moving the nation forward today such as the idea that States taking over the construction and maintenance of Federal roads with the FG falling abysmally short in that respect. Who is then fooling who?
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Obiagu1(m): 12:50am On Feb 21, 2012
^^^

Maybe it's an indication that folks have realised that the SW cannot be trusted when it comes to taking a position. It's better they are left out because you cannot agree with them on anything and expect them to maintain that agreement which they initially entered into. Anything is possible with the SW.

I remember how they betrayed the SS and SE on resource control debate which they had initially agreed to leaving the other Southerners short of support.
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Dainfamous: 12:57am On Feb 21, 2012
Obiagu1:

Maybe it's an indication that folks have realised that the SW cannot be trusted when it comes to taking a position. It's better they are left out because you cannot agree with them on anything and expect them to maintain that agreement which they initially entered into. Anything is possible with the SW.

I remember how they betrayed the SS and SE on resource control debate which they had initially agreed to leaving the other Southerners short of support.
^^
SW need to change their ways in politics for them to be trusted again everybody in the union must play neutral,don't play wuru wuru or try to lord others because u think u can.Look at American whites, they knew for them to gain trust again in the world they have to put a black man or none white in power it was hard for them to digest but they got no option sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Great Akwa Ibomite U Need To Know / "Reject Nomination Forms From Shadowy Group" - Afenifere, PDP, Others Ask Buhari / Oshiomhole Commissions Borehole Projects, Road  in Edo North (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.