Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Stretch Marks - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stretch Marks (3513 Views)

How To Remove Stretch Marks Naturally / How To Prevent Stretch Marks During And After Pregnancy / Girl How Do I Get Rid Of My Stretch Marks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stretch Marks by solayemi(m): 10:03pm On Feb 19, 2012
Hi NLers. I want to know if stretch marks are indications that some1 will be fat later in life,especially after getting married.
Re: Stretch Marks by MrsChima1(f): 10:09pm On Feb 19, 2012
Stretch marks are indication that your skin are stretched beyond capacity.

Stretch marks are usually prevalent among pregnant women and in some cases obese individuals. Some individuals who had plastic surgeries have experienced stretch marks or skin grafting (replacing dead skin with local body skin).

One thing that people take for granted is their skin and it is an amazing organ. I encourage everyone to read books on dermatology and skin care.
Re: Stretch Marks by freecocoa(f): 10:16pm On Feb 19, 2012
Well i use to wonder what causes stretch marks too o,Mrs C i really don't get what you mean by someone's skin being stretched beyond capacity,care to elaborate?
Re: Stretch Marks by MrsChima1(f): 10:21pm On Feb 19, 2012
freecocoa:

Well i use to wonder what causes stretch marks too o,Mrs C i really don't get what you mean by someone's skin being stretched beyond capacity,care to elaborate?

I thought the description was self explanatory. How about this, get a clear colored ballon and stretch the balloon out as far as you can. You should notice squiggle lines on the balloon and the balloon will either extend or "break".

Our skin is one of the largest body organs and it has amazing abilities. Read some books on it and you will be amazed.
Re: Stretch Marks by slimyem: 10:31pm On Feb 19, 2012
solayemi:

Hi NLers. I want to know if stretch marks are indications that some1 will be fat later in life,especially after getting married.
i've heard the theory countless times but i'm not sure of its truth.
I have a  slim friend who has always had strech marks on a part of her body and still does!
.we teased her back then that she was going to grow fat soon but now,she's still as slim as ever after a kid and 2 yrs of marriage.
I really dunno!
Re: Stretch Marks by freecocoa(f): 10:34pm On Feb 19, 2012
Mrs C,What i actually meant was more like how does the skin get stretched?anyways i guess i'll read it out. thanks anyways.
Re: Stretch Marks by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 19, 2012
@poster, stretch marks are not an indication that someone will get fat later in life.
Re: Stretch Marks by Divine3: 12:04am On Feb 20, 2012
How do we make them go away after pregnancy? any idea
Re: Stretch Marks by Idowuogbo(f): 12:18am On Feb 20, 2012
Stretch marks does not necessarily indicate fat but indicates a section of our skin expanding above its limit.An example is pregnant women,most pregnant women both skinny and fat are left with d aftermath(stretch marks),dis often happens when the skin can't handle d rate at which its bin stretched.So poster it doesn't mean u gonna b fat but only u no ur body well.
Re: Stretch Marks by Idowuogbo(f): 12:21am On Feb 20, 2012
Divine@:

How do we make them go away after pregnancy? any idea
U can't get rid of dem but u can apply oils or get laser dat would probably make dem less visible.
Re: Stretch Marks by Divine3: 1:04am On Feb 20, 2012
which type of oil, pls specify
Re: Stretch Marks by MrsChima1(f): 1:25am On Feb 20, 2012
Divine@:

which type of oil, pls specify

Several ladies I know have used DERMA-BLEND and they spoke decent reviews about it.
Re: Stretch Marks by Divine3: 1:37am On Feb 20, 2012
Mrs Chima, tanks. i will check it out
Re: Stretch Marks by reinedamse: 12:54pm On Feb 20, 2012
hi ms chima,thanks for d tip about derma-blend.i googled the product and it seems like a good one.pls i need ur help on how to get this product in Nigeria.do u know any store where i can get it in nigeria?Thanks.
Re: Stretch Marks by GWslim(f): 10:38am On Oct 01, 2012
Hope to see solution to stretch mark soon.

(1) (Reply)

Ebola Outbreak In Ilorin / Ladies Must See This: Five Health Hazard Of Waste Training / COVID-19: Enugu Confirms 5 New Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.